Natural Calamities and Man-made Disasters Are Warning People: Evildoing Will Be Met With Retribution
Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionateáreminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.
Warnings in Liaoning Province
Since July 20, 1999, Falun Gong practitioners in Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province have been relentlessly persecuted. Several thousand practitioners have been fined, detained, sent to labor camps and sentenced to prison terms. In the area of Lingyuan, many calamities have occurred correspondingly as warnings to the local people:
- At around 9 p.m. on August 22, 2002, an unusual rainstorm and hailstorm attacked the area. 47,000 people were affected by the disaster and the economic losses totaled 70 million Yuan.
- Wu, a retired worker from the Bureau of Industry in Lingyuan, tore up and destroyed Dafa flyers, and he slandered and attacked Dafa. One afternoon at the end of 2001, Wu suddenly fainted and fell at the bottom of the stairs when he arrived home. His left leg was broken, karmic retribution for his evildoing.
- Policeman Wang Jiang from Lingyuan City Police Department has been actively persecuting Dafa practitioners over the past three years. The methods he used are extremely violent. The most serious persecution was of engineer Liu Zhifu from the Lingyuan Steel Company. Wang Jiang used cruel torture to extract so-called "evidence," leading to Liu's sentence of six-years imprisonment. Wang Jiang recently contracted liver cancer.
- The chief of the Fuyedong Police Station, Pi Ren, has been active in the persecution of Dafa over the last three years. In spring 2001, Pi was injured in an automobile accident while riding in the police car. The accident left his face deformed.
Many Officials Following Jiang to Take Part in the Persecution Are Corrupt
- About one month ago, the head of Nong'an County Police Department in Jilin Province, Cao Yukun was arrested for ties with organized crime. This person had spoken publicly to slander Falun Gong at the local television station.
- The vice-chief of Huomo Street Police Station, Handan City, Hebei Province, Wang Limin arrested Dafa practitioners, confiscated their families' property, fined them and brutally tortured them. At present, this evil person's property has been confiscated, and he has been detained on suspicion of accepting bribes.
- Li Guoguang, the former chief of Zhuhelu Police Station, Handan City, closely followed Jiang to persecute Dafa and Dafa practitioners. This person has been arrested on suspicion of accepting bribes.
Deceived by the Evil Propaganda, People Carry Out Evil Deeds and Suffer Karmic Retribution
- In order to gain favor from the "610 Office" (an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems), the residents' committee of the Handan City Chemical Plant turned in Dafa practitioners. The "610 Office" took Dafa practitioners to brainwashing sessions and demanded that their family members hand over 2000 Yuan. However, practitioners' family members sternly refused the request. The "610 Office" then asked the residents' committee to pay the money. Moreover, they asked the committee members to accompany the practitioners 24 hours a day at the brainwashing sessions. The committee members were exhausted and complained constantly.
- The chef at Hetao Detention Center in Chaoyang city, Xue Baojing assisted the wicked police to persecute Falun Gong practitioners because he was deceived by the false propaganda of the official television and newspaper. One time, he even picked vegetables that were just sprayed with insecticide and gave them to Falun Gong practitioners to eat, which caused several dozen people to suffer ill effects. In June 2001, Xue Baojing fell to his death from the roof while he was building a house.
Category: Karma & Virtue