Latest News from China - 09/14/2002
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Evildoers Bring Practitioners Believed to have Broken into the Cable Television Network to Trial
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Escalate the Persecution, Dozens of Practitioners Arrested
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Urgent Rescue From Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Nongan County, Jilin Province] Zhao Xiuxiang is Arrested and Beaten by the 610 Office, Not Known Whether She is Still Alive
- [Handan City, Hebei Province] Police Department Steps Up Blockade of Information at Internet Cafes
- [Handan City, Hebei Province] Police in Chengan County Start another Round of Severe Persecution
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Female Practitioner Yu Xiuhua Arrested, Local 610 Office Takes Her to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Peng Lin Is Illegally Held in the Brainwashing Class in Huangpu Drug Rehabilitation Center
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] City Party Committee Retaliates against Practitioners to Prevent Them from Clarifying the Truth
- [Anqing City, Anhui Province] Female Practitioner He Guizhen Illegally Held for Over Eight Months
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] City Police Department Spreads Lies to Escalate Persecution
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] City "610 Office" Pulls New Tricks in Persecuting Falun Dafa
- [China] Telecommunication Department Unreasonably Denies Applications for Internet Access
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Practitioner Zhao Yueyun Abducted from Home by the Police
- [Liaohe Oil Fields] Female Teacher Zhang Xiuyu of the Experimental Middle School Is Illegally Sentenced to Prison for Telling the Facts about Falun Gong
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Jinzhou Petroleum Chemical Company Assists Officers from Hongxing Police Station in Abducting Falun Dafa Practitioners to Brainwashing Classes
- [Jiutai City] City "610 Office" Carries Out Illegal Arrests and Extortion
1. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Evildoers Bring the Falun Gong Practitioners Believed to have Broken into the Cable Television Network to Trial
On September 15, the intermediate court of Changchun City wanted to illegally bring the Falun Gong practitioners who are believed to have participated in breaking into the cable television network on March 5 this year to trial. Some family members have received notice. This is an illegal trial of the righteous acts of upholding the law and human rights and it is huge humiliation to justice and civilization.
2. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Escalate the Persecution, Dozens of Practitioners Arrested
Since the police in Daqing City started to arrest Falun Dafa practitioners on September 6 in a large scale, already dozens of Falun Dafa practitioners have been arrested at home. In the evening of September 10, Honggang Police Station once again relentlessly harassed Falun Dafa practitioners in the area under its jurisdiction. Several Falun Dafa practitioners did not cooperate with the police's unreasonable harassment and refused to open the door. Around 6:00am in the morning of September 11, Falun Dafa practitioner Zhao Zhongli of No. 4 Oil Extraction Factory was taken away from her home by the police. Her whereabouts remain unknown.
In the evening of September 9, 2002, local police ransacked the homes of Falun Dafa practitioners Liu Junying and Yang Jingshuang in Datong village, Xingshugang town, Honggang district of Daqing City and took them away. Their whereabouts are unknown. Falun Dafa practitioner Gao Shuqin in Ranghulu district of Daqing City was forcibly taken way from her home with her head covered by a black sack. Xing Yuzhen (female) and her husband were also taken away. Several more Falun Dafa practitioners were also arrested. Their detailed situations are unknown.
According to reliable information, more than 30 Falun Dafa practitioners have been arrested in this large-scale home search and arrest.
3. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Urgent Rescue of Practitioners From Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
On September 10, the family members of a Falun Dafa practitioner went to visit their relative in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp and saw that the practitioner was tortured so badly that they almost could not recognize her. The No. 12 brigade requires determined Falun Dafa practitioners to sit on iron chairs and deprives them of sleep around the clock. The situation in other brigades is not known. The guards threatened the family members, "If you cannot persuade her during this visit, you will not be allowed to visit her again."
4. [Nongan County, Jilin Province] Zhao Xiuxiang Arrested and Beaten by the 610 Office, Not Known Whether She is Still Alive
Note: 610 Office [An agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems]
In the morning of August 3, 2002, more than 10 policemen arrested Falun Dafa practitioner Zhao Xiuxiang from her home and ransacked it. When she was sent to the detention center in the afternoon, she was already unconscious. Half an hour after she was carried into the prison cell, she woke up but did not have any strength. At that time, the people in the prison cell gathered around her, when they saw she woke up, they immediately asked her what had happened. She said, "My name is Zhao Xiuxiang, the policemen beat me, they beat me until I lost consciousness, then they woke me up by pouring water on me and continued to beat me." She lost consciousness again after she said that. The people in the prison cell told the person in charge of the detention center, the people in the detention center then called the police and told them this person was at the point of death so they could not put her in prison. Several policemen came and asked the doctor to check her blood pressure, which was 220. Her heart was in a very bad condition. They poked the arch of her foot, but received no response at all. Then, the policemen carried her out, someone also said, "Carry her out and cut open her stomach to see what happens." Until now, there is no information about Zhao Xiuxiang's condition and her whereabouts are unknown.
5. [Handan City, Hebei Province] Police Department Steps Up Blockade of Information at Internet Cafes
In August, the police department of Handan City actively cooperated with Jiang's regime by further blocking the information in local Internet cafes. The police department called together the owners of the Internet cafes in the area under its jurisdiction to a meeting and said, "If you find someone who visits the Falun Gong websites or spreads Falun Gong information, you will be awarded 500 Yuan RMB [about a month's salary for an average urban worker] for every person caught." They used money to seduce the owners of the Internet cafes to do things against their conscience that harm both others and themselves.
6. [Handan City, Hebei Province] Police in Chengan County Start another Round of Severe Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners
On August 31, 68 Falun Dafa practitioners in Chengan County, Handan City of Hebei Province held a Falun Dafa conference. People poisoned by the propaganda notified the police. The Chengan County Police Department dispatched all the police force and arrested all the Falun Dafa practitioners. The police inhumanly tortured the Falun Dafa practitioners by tying them with thin ropes (The police tie up the practitioner with a thin rope, circle the rope around his neck, and tie his hands behind his back. Then the police would use all the force they could muster to tighten the rope. The rope becomes tighter and tighter around the body of the practitioner, and makes it more and more difficult for him to breathe. The pain is so intense that the practitioner sometimes loses control of his bladder. There are instances when the rope was tightened enough to break a practitioner's arm.), shocking them with electric batons, shackling and beating them. Many practitioners were beaten so that there were bruises all over their bodies. The police seized Falun Dafa books, cell phones, cash and other personal belongings. Their evil acts made them afraid of exposure. They said while arresting a female practitioner, "Clean up the blood on her face. Don't let other people see!"
7. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Female Practitioner Yu Xiuhua Arrested by Local 610 Office and Taken to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp
Falun Dafa practitioner Yu Xiuhua (female, 65) from Weifang City, Shandong Province, was illegally arrested by a plainclothes policeman while posting Falun Dafa posters at about 4:00am in mid-August. She was detained in Chengguan Police Station in Weicheng district. She called out, "Falun Dafa is good!" and continued to clarify the truth. After one day of hunger strike, she walked out of the police station openly with dignity. Around 3:00pm in the next day, she was arrested at home by the 610 Office and sent to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp.
8. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Peng Lin Is Illegally Held in Brainwashing Class in Huangpu Drug Rehabilitation Center
Female Falun Dafa practitioner Peng Lin from Guangzhou City is an employee of the city government. In April 2001 she was taken to the "City Legal Education School" on Xizhoubei Road in Chatou. During the extended duration of her illegal detention, she was forced to watch videotapes that smeared the founder of Falun Gong. She had also been placed under round-the-clock surveillance. Her family was also subjected to the terror of high pressure and stress. Recently, Peng Lin has been transferred to the brainwashing class in the infamous Huangpu Drug Rehabilitation Center. Her family members have been denied their requests to visit her. Her current situation is quite worrisome.
9. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] City Party Committee Retaliates against Practitioners to Prevent Them from Clarifying the Truth
In August, Falun Dafa practitioners in the Baoding areas successfully broadcast, on numerous occasions, TV programs explaining the facts about Falun Gong. The evil forces were shocked and intimidated. In retaliation, Jiang and his followers have escalated the persecution. It has been learned that on August 28, the Baoding City Party Committee called an emergency meeting to discuss the incidents of the TV programs. The Party Committee has issued orders to its subordinate counties, districts, townships, police stations, residential committees, and village committees to place Falun Dafa practitioners under surveillance. The plans are to stop Falun Dafa practitioners from telling the facts by ordering officers and cadres to stake out vantage points, follow the practitioners, patrol the streets, and set up checkpoints to prevent Falun Dafa practitioners from telling people the facts.
10. [Anqing City, Anhui Province] Female Practitioner He Guizhen Illegally Held for Over Eight Months
Female Falun Dafa practitioner, He Guizhen from Anqing City in Anhui Province, went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa for the third time in early January 2002. She was arrested in Tiananmen Square. She has been illegally held in Anqing No. 1 Detention Center for over eight months after she was sent back to Anhui Province. He Guizhen went to Beijing at the beginning of February 2000 to validate Falun Dafa for the first time. She was released by kindhearted people soon after being arrested. At the end of February she went to Beijing for the second time. She was placed under illegal detention for fifteen days upon being sent back to Anqing City. She was detained again for fifteen days for distributing Falun Gong truth clarifying materials in November 2001.
Anqing City No.1 Detention Center;
The Political Security Section of the Daguan District Police Department;
The Linghu Police Station, Anqing City, Anhui Province.
11. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] City Police Department Spreads Lies to Escalate Persecution
According to reliable sources in Dalian City, Liaoning Province, Dalian Gas Company has recently received a notice from the Dalian City Police Department, which falsely claimed that Falun Gong practitioners were planning to ignite the gas tanks located in the gas company. The company was asked to establish a joint security team in coordination with the police department. The goal was to fabricate excuses to escalate the persecution of Falun Gong.
12. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] City "610 Office" Pulls New Tricks in Persecuting Falun Dafa
The evil forces have failed in their attempts to forcibly change the determination of Falun Dafa practitioners. Most practitioners who wrote "statements of guarantees" [of quitting the practice of Falun Gong] have declared that those "statements", written under persecution, have been nullified. The "610 Office" in Tangshan City recently made up all kinds of lies to try to get Falun Gong practitioners to either sign or put their fingerprint on blank sheets of paper [The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems]. These documents will then be used as evidence showing how the "610 Office" has successfully brainwashed Falun Gong practitioners.
13. [China] Telecommunication Departments Unreasonably Deny Applications for Internet Access
A woman who is a non-practitioner in Tangshan City, Hebei Province, recently went to the Telecommunication Bureau to apply for broadband Internet access. The clerk declined her application citing that her former husband was a Falun Gong practitioner.
14. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Practitioner Zhao Yueyun Is Abducted from Home by the Police
Falun Dafa practitioner Zhao Yueyun in Zhengzhou City was handcuffed and taken away from home at noon on September 2. Falun Dafa materials were also taken away from Zhao's home, together with bank deposit booklets. Zhao's whereabouts remain unknown.
15. [Liaohe Oil Fields] Female Teacher Zhang Xiuyu of the Experimental Middle School Is Illegally Sentenced to Prison for Telling the Facts about Falun Gong
The case of Zhang Xiuyu, a female teacher in the Experimental Middle School in Liaohe Oil Fields, was brought to the courtroom. Due to lack of evidence, Zhang was held in custody pending the gathering of more evidence.
Teacher Zhang was arrested by the police when the principal of the school, Di Aiguo, informed the police department that Zhang had sent him two letters explaining the facts about Falun Gong. She was then put on trial.
Relevant people who are responsible for the persecution of Zhang:
Di Aiguo, male, Principal and Secretary of the Party Committee of the Experimental Middle School in Liaohe Oil Fields. Di's telephone numbers: 86-427-7820280 (office), 86-427-7823744 (home).
Chen Jingrong, female, Secretary of the Party Committee of the Fundamental Education Department in Liaohe Oil Fields. Chen's telephone numbers: 86-427-7807004 (office), 86-427-7809026 (home).
Wang Youshan, Chief of the National Security Section of the Police Department of Liaohe Oil Fields. Wang's telephone numbers: 86-427-7821140 (office), 86-427-7801610 (home).
16. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Jinzhou Petroleum Chemical Company Assists Officers from Hongxing Police Station in Abducting Falun Dafa Practitioners to Brainwashing Classes
Since August 20, police officers from the Hongxing Police Station have arrested numerous Falun Dafa practitioners with active cooperation from Jinzhou Petroleum Chemical Company (affiliated to China Petroleum Chemical Group). These practitioners were abducted either while on duty or at home, and were then forcibly sent to a brainwashing class. Abducted practitioners include: He Pinfu (female), Shao Jinghua (female), Ma Chao, Li Fengjun (female), Lu Kun, and Wu Guifen (female).
Lu Wenjun, Secretary of the Party Committee of Jinzhou Petroleum Chemical Company. Telephone numbers: 416-4152558 (office), 86-416-4152557 (home).
Pei Hongbin, Deputy Secretary of the Party Committee of Jinzhou Petroleum Chemical Company. Telephone numbers: 86-416-4152918 (office), 86-416-4151155 (home).
Guo Guoqing, Secretary of the Party Committee of Government Organizations of Jinzhou Petroleum Chemical Company. Telephone numbers: 86-416-4152079 (office), 86-416-4260829 (home).
Leng Shutie, Secretary of the Party Committee of Jinzhou Petroleum Chemical Company. Telephone numbers: 86-416-4152851 (office), 86-416-4152324 (home).
He Mingjie, Deputy Secretary of the Party Committee of Jinzhou Petroleum Chemical Company. Telephone numbers: 86-416-4155168 (office), 86-416-4152815 (home).
Telephone number of the Chief of the Hongxing Police Station: 86-416-4152637 (office).
Telephone number of the Director of the Hongxing Police Station: 86-416-4154901 (office).
17. [Jiutai City] City "610 Office" Carries Out Illegal Arrests and Extortion
In March 2002, the Jiutai City "610 Office" illegally placed Falun Dafa practitioners under arrest, including married couple Sun Lianbao and Xin Li, Xu Yazhen (female) and other practitioners. These practitioners were tortured to gain confessions and information and later they were held in custody. Their family members have been denied access to visit them. Each month these families have to pay the authorities 400 Yuan for each practitioner held in illegal custody. [The average monthly salary of an urban worker is about 500 Yuan.]
September 13, 2002