(Clearwisdom.net) Deng Xiangyun, female, 39, was a resident of Gongnong District in Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province. She started to cultivate Falun Dafa in 1998. Since then, she has been in good health and her family has been harmonious.

In February 2001, Deng Xiangyun was abducted by the local police for cultivating Dafa and was detained illegally. She suffered both mental and physical torture while in detention. In October 2001, her condition became critical, as she became blind in both eyes and then fell into a coma. After she was sent to the hospital, she was diagnosed as having encephaloma. Because of her condition, she was released on medical parole. After Deng Xiangyun returned home, she resumed practicing the Dafa exercises and studying Dafa books. Soon she recovered and was able to take care of herself and her whole family. The family regained peace and happiness.

On April 20, 2002, a Falun Gong program exposing how Jiang frames and persecutes Falun Gong practitioners purely for selfish interest was broadcast on Gongnong District Cable TV. In order to gain political credit and help Jiang cover the truth of the persecution, the Hegang City Secretary Zhang Xingfu ordered a mass arrest of Falun Gong practitioners,

On April 20, the Hegang City police arrested over 600 Falun Gong practitioners. Deng Xiangyun, who had just recovered from her illness, was not spared. Deng was held in the Second Detention Center. Because she was again subjected to inhumane torture, her encephaloma recurred and her condition again became critical. She was sent to the hospital; however, she did not get any treatment. As a result, her condition deteriorated rapidly and she became blind in both eyes again. During this time, Deng's family members talked to the police department many times to seek her release. However, City Secretary Zhang Xingfu ordered the police not to release a single Falun Gong practitioner. Following Zhang's directive, the detention center directors Li and Zhang went to the hospital many times to try to take Deng Xiangyun back to detention. Since Deng wasn't even able to take care of herself, their attempts failed. On August 1, seeing that Deng was near death, the police sent her home to avoid responsibility. Deng passed away the very next day.

The death of Deng Xiangyun shocked and outraged her family members, relatives and friends. They began to awaken. Such a healthy, and kindhearted woman was tortured to death by Jiang's political scoundrels. 39-year-old Deng Xiangyun lost her life, her 10-year-old son lost his mother and her elderly father lost his beloved daughter.

At present, there are still over 10 Falun Gong practitioners being held in that same hospital. Due to brutal torture, they have all become critically ill. Now they are monitored 24 hours a day by police and they are still suffering mental torment. Their fates remain unknown.

We hereby call upon all kindhearted people to pay attention to these good people who are being tortured.