(Clearwisdom.net) Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape karmic retribution.

Li Yong, thirty-five years old, was an official at Qingling Detention Center, Wuchang City, Hubei Province. He had cruelly tortured Peng Min, a Falun Dafa practitioner. In the summer of 2001, when Li Yong was riding in a car on the way to attend to some business, the car's passenger side door suddenly opened and he fell out onto the road. He was knocked unconscious and was immediately sent to the Seventh People's Hospital in Wuhan City. One month later, his situation showed no improvement. The authorities transferred him to the Hubei Province People's Hospital, where he died three days later.

Li Guoyao, thirty-six years old, was a vice-director for a "610 Office" in Guangzong District, Xingtai City. As an eager accomplice of Jiang's persecution campaign, he actively participated in the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners. In May 2002, he suddenly suffered from a sudden case of cerebral thrombosis. He remains in a coma at Xingtai City Hospital today.

Yang Huaixiao, male, sixty years old, lives in the residential quarters of Sanjiazhi Mine, Nanpiao District, Huludao City, Liaoning Province. He was responsible for monitoring Falun Gong practitioners and often tore down truth-clarifying materials. In April 2002, he reported on Falun Dafa practitioners to the local officials for the purpose of their arrest. One month later, his wife suffered cerebral thrombosis and became incontinent. Only after this karmic retribution did he realize the error of his ways.