1. "610 Office" Holds Brainwashing Classes to Persecute Falun Dafa Practitioners
  2. Led by the Laiwu City Party Secretary Li Yumei, the "610 Office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] in Laicheng District has been persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners by sending them to brainwashing classes in the suburban area of Xiaoyi Township. The third brainwashing session is currently in progress, with more than thirty people locked in the brainwashing center, ranging in age from 17 to 74 years in age.

    Collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have turned against Dafa due to brainwashing and torture] Li Songling, Cui Yonghong, Li Qiang, Wang Fenglan, Liu Hongying, Duan Chonghua, Zhao Tianmei and Chen Lienmei, have helped the "610 Office" persecute Falun Dafa by slandering Master while spreading their evil "enlightenments." They refused to allow Falun Dafa practitioners to send forth righteous thoughts, and those who tried were tied up with rope. Practitioners who firmly cultivated were denied sleep. Zhao Tianmei turned in many of her fellow practitioners and compromised the locations where some Dafa practitioners can use the computer.

    At the conclusion of each brainwashing class, the "610 Office" would try to force the practitioners to write the "Four Statements," renouncing Dafa. They also held so-called "exposing and criticizing" meetings to verbally abuse practitioners. They asked those practitioners who had accepted the brainwashing to actively participate in brainwashing others after they returned home, and to turn in other Falun Dafa practitioners, including those who had been forced to leave home to avoid the persecution.

    On the morning of May 5, 2002, officers of the Laicheng District Police Substation arrested a local practitioner. Political Security Office Secretary Qin Ligang, District Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary Lu Qiping and the Director of the Zhangjiawa Police Station Zhao Zengpei were the active participants in her arrest. The practitioner was detained in the City Detention Center without any reasonable cause or evidence against her. She went on a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention, which resulted in her being cruelly force-fed by the police. Although she was very weak, she was sentenced to thirty-nine months in a forced labor camp. Secretary Qin Ligang and Fangxia Station Police Officers Feng Shuling, Zhang Lei and Yao Qiang decided to send her to Jinan Female Forced Labor Camp, but she was rejected because of her weak physical condition. Under the direction of Deputy Police Chief Zhang Baocheng and Political Security Office Manager Liu Qing, the practitioner was forcibly sent to the local brainwashing center. (Note: This Falun Dafa practitioner has since then escaped with the help of righteous thoughts.)

    Responsible parties in the "610 Office":

    District Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary Lu Qiping, cell phone: 86-1305-4848399

    District Political and Judiciary Committee Deputy Director, Liu Min

    City Procuratorate Song Zhenhua

    City Court, Lu (a 25-year-old male)

    City Judiciary Bureau, Tian (a 24-year-old female)

    City Police Urban Substation, Zheng Bo

    Director of Fengxia Town Police Substation Li Lunde, badge number 072701

    The brainwashing center's vehicle license plate number is "LU-S15374."

  3. Destruction of a Material Center

The police robbed and destroyed a local Dafa material center, causing severe losses. Many Falun Dafa books, cash, four cell phones, three radios, two laser printers, twenty reams of paper, one laminating machine, one Epson Stylus C20 color inkjet printer and a box of ink cartridges were among the items that were taken away.

With information gained from former practitioner Zhao Tianmei, at around 9:00 p.m. on April 29, 2002 police from the Laicheng District "610 Office," the District Political Security Office, and the Guansi Substation surrounded Building No.7 in the Guansi Development Area. They broke in through the backdoor, entered the home and arrested three Falun Dafa practitioners (two females and one male). Cash and all the equipment and supplies were "confiscated." The three practitioners were sent to Guansi Police Substation for an interrogation, which proved to be fruitless. At 11:00 p.m., they were sent to the City Detention Center. In the detention center, the practitioners asked about the cash that was robbed from them, but the police lied, saying that no cash had been found. In protest of their detention, the practitioners went on a hunger strike for the duration of the detention. After seven days, the two female practitioners' lives were endangered after their second force-feeding, and they were sent to the hospital for emergency care. One of the female practitioners was later escorted back to the local hospital to be abused in the name of further "treatment." The other female practitioner was subjected to intravenous injections and then escorted by local police to the brainwashing center. (Note: these two female practitioners have both since escaped the brainwashing center with their righteous thoughts.) After thirty days in the detention center, male practitioner Zhang Lienbin, who had originally been sent to the detention center with the other two practitioners, was sent to the Zibo Wangcun Forced Labor Camp.

Written on June 25, 2002