(Clearwisdom.Net) Before China's national day in 2001, over 50 Falun Dafa practitioners were arrested when they were having an experience sharing conference in Baoji, Shaanxi Province. Afterwards they were illegally detained and cruelly tortured. Fan Taiming, the main commander of the persecution towards these 50 practitioners, was former director of the Baoji City Police Station and has been sentenced to jail for corruption of 150,000 Yuan. The following is the statement of a Falun Dafa practitioner who suffered persecution at that time.

Before National Day 2001, we were having our "2001 Baoji City Falun Dafa Experience Sharing Conference" in Qishan County Caijiapo, and over 50 Falun Dafa practitioners from various cities and counties of Shaanxi Province attended this conference. After the meeting had been going on for less than an hour, a group of police suddenly rushed in. They immediately started to beat and kick us practitioners and twisted arms and grabbed throats. They also did not allow us to talk or to use the bathroom. Afterwards many more police came to arrest all the practitioners and sent us to different places where prisoners are detained. The police tried to force everyone to tell their name and address. Because nobody cooperated with them, the police didn't allow us to eat any food and tortured us until midnight. Later, over ten practitioners were detained in Qishan County Detention Center. Practitioners fasted to protest this evil persecution and requested immediate, unconditional release. As soon as male practitioners entered the detention center, the prisoners beat them up. Their faces became black and purple.

We were allowed very few clothes and slept on a freezing wood board during the night. For ten days we had no comforter or blanket. Because we decided not to cooperate with our unjust detention, we fasted. Malicious people in the jail force fed us and chained us on the "Dead Person's Bed" (The four limbs of the practitioner are stretched out and tied to the four corners of an icy-cold metal bed; the practitioner cannot move at all). Our hands and feet were tied down tightly. In addition, several police pushed on our heads, grabbed our arms or stomped on our feet. It was difficult for us even to breathe.

When a practitioner in her 50s was force-fed, her thumb joint was damaged; the guards put the hose into her trachea instead of her esophagus. She almost suffocated. She struggled to lift her head to her hand so that she could pull out the hose. The scene was so terrible that one could bear not to look at it. Falun Dafa practitioner Sun Guilan died of force-feeding when she fasted in Baoji City Detention Center. The military doctors of Baoji City 60th Hospital were responsible for her death.

One of the Falun Dafa practitioners from Changchun City is the Vice President of the Changchun City Epidemic Prevention Station and Training Officer of an Air Force College in northeast China. He clarified the truth in the detention center. When the director of the detention center learned of his profession, he got so excited that he gave the practitioner a big "thumbs up."

At the time of the conference, the Shaanxi Province Police Bureau had sent out thousands of police and built a team to deal with this incident and organize Police Stations in various locations to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners frenziedly. They attempted to get what they wanted from Falun Dafa practitioners through torture. Baoji City Weibin District Police Substation especially sent malicious police who specialize in interrogating murderers to work over Dafa practitioner Shi Zhuanling, a harmless woman. She was having her period, but they would not allow her to use the bathroom, nor would they give her food, or even allow her to sleep. They beat and tortured her inhumanly for over ten hours. Practitioner Yang Xueqin was beaten up several times by over ten prisoners when she was detained in Baoji County Detention Center. Police handcuffed her and put iron chains as heavy as over 60 pounds on her feet during her period. The police took turns brutally torturing practitioner Xu Chunxia. With practitioner Liang Yuli, they used both soft and hard tactics. They detained practitioner Liu Chunxia in a drug detoxification center and used drug addicts to torture her. For these police officers, giving a beating is as normal as having a meal. Handcuffing and electric batons are especially used to torture Dafa practitioners. Handcuffing both hands behind the back is their usual method. These evil police tried everything to change the practitioners, including beating, cursing, insulting, threatening, cheating, and not allowing sleep, but they could never achieve their goal.

During this persecution, besides the practitioners who were illegally sent to labor camps and tortured to death, another 7 practitioners were treated as the organizers and were detained in Qishan County Detention Center. Police told the public that these were held in "monitored residence." Police tried even more means of torture with them. These practitioners were illegally and secretly tried and sentenced, and no one from the outside world, not even their family members, was allowed to see them.

No matter what was done to them, these practitioners remained steadfast and clarified the truth. Even when they were covered all over with cuts and bruises, they still continued to tell the police: Good is repaid with good and evil with evil; the police should think of their own futures and immediately stop all persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners.

Fan Taimin, former Director of Shaanxi Province Baoji City Police Station, should have listened. He was awarded for "outstanding performance" in this persecution, and many times in the past had been awarded for and was famous for being "honest and clean." Now he has been sentenced to jail for 10 years, having been convicted of corruption for taking 150,000 Yuan.