(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Yu Qiushi was a 64-year-old woman. In late December 2001 she was illegally arrested when distributing truth clarification flyers. Because she refused to cooperate with the evil, vicious police sent her to a hospital after she held a hunger strike for 11 days. She was injected her with an unknown drug that caused constant distension of the abdomen. Her family was not allowed to take her home until she was on the verge of death. She died at home 70 days later, on March 16, 2002.

Practitioner Ms.Yu Qiushi's former name wasYu Shufen. On December 21, 2001 police arrested and sent her to the local detention center for distributing truth clarification flyers in Zhenlai County. No matter how the police threatened or humiliated her, Yu Qiushi said nothing about the source of the flyers. Later, Ms. Yu began a hunger strike to protest the persecution. On the eighth day of the hunger strike, the director of the detention center ordered a doctor from the county hospital to force-feed Yu Qiushi. She was fed raw cornmeal mixed with salt water. A female guard said in a malicious manner, "Add more salt water, add more salt." During the force-feeding, before the tube was pulled out from one nostril, the other nostril bled. In spite of this, Ms. Yu was still determined, which shocked the evil, and those thugs hastily pulled the tube out and walked away. In the afternoon, Ms. Yu was constantly vomiting and threw up all the dirty food she was fed with. That same night, Yu had blood in her stool.

January 1, 2002 marked the 11th day of her hunger strike. With no other choice, the vicious director of the detention center sent Ms. Yu to the county hospital. In the hospital, Ms. Yu received forced injection(s) and was often humiliated and ridiculed by the police. However, Ms. Yu firmly believed in Dafa from the beginning to the end. She told the patients, visitors, doctors and nurses about Dafa and her personal experiences, and conducted herself as a Dafa disciple.

Around 4 p.m. on January 4, Ms. Yu left the hospital on "bail and await trial" status. Afterwards, the hospital authorities demanded 2,200 Yuan "medical fee." Though Ms. Yu didn't agree to pay, her family went and paid 1,700 Yuan.

On January 6, Yu Qiushi's stomach began to swell, which was followed by pain. Several days later her legs and feet also began to swell. During this time the police constantly went to her home and harassed her. Around late January, officials at the Zhenlai County Politics and Security Committee came to Ms. Yu's home and lied to her that her superior wanted to talk to her. They coaxed Ms. Yu into going into their car despite the tremendous pain she was enduring. The thugs' intention was to send Ms. Yu into the Changchun Labor Camp. Seeing that Yu's stomach was extremely swollen they had to send her back.

The following days after Ms. Yu returned home, police often went to her home and harassed her. She resolutely refused to open the door. Afterwards, Ms. Yu went to her family and friends' homes to promote the Fa, even though her body was swollen and she was in excruciating pain. She kept studying the Fa, doing the exercises, sending forth righteous thoughts and saving people.

On March 16, 2002, Dafa practitioner Ms. Yu Qiushi passed away in her sleep.