Notes on Dafa practitioner Chen Yuqing, who was tortured to death over one year ago

Chen Yuqing was a 61-year-old male practitioner who lived on Lianfanglu Road, in Handan City of Hebei Province. Because he went to Beijing to peacefully appeal for Falun Gong on October 1, 2000, he was illegally detained in the Handan City No.1 Detention Center by the Congtai District Public Security Bureau. Due to mistreatment he received in the detention center he began to throw up blood and constantly cough starting on October 14. However, the warden paid no attention at all even though they got several reports about Chen. When Chen was in critical condition, other practitioners pushed the alarm calling for help, but the warden still ignored them. Chen Yuqing died on October 18. After he died, the warden and the prison doctor did not even take a look at him. They simply asked other prisoners to carry his body out. The evil policemen then lied to the practitioners that Chen was sent back home to recover.

When Chen Yuqing's body was cremated, Handan City Public Security Bureau wouldn't allow his family members to be present. On the day of cremation, many police cars and police officers were stationed along the road to the crematory. They were trying to prevent the news from leaking out.

A Dafa practitioner

April 5, 2002

Two more Dafa practitioners tortured to death in Handan City, Hebei Province

Zhai Liansheng, male, 60 years old, use to live in Siqing Street. He was one of the earliest Falun Dafa practitioners in Chengan County. After he went to Beijing to appeal in October 2001, he was detained for 7 months. During the illegal detention, he was brutally beaten by the police. He couldn't eat and was very sick. Later the police released him after extorting 1,200 Yuan from his family. Zhai passed away shortly after he got back home.

Zhou Zhenjie was also from Siqing Street. He was 68 years old. In August 2001, the Public Security Bureau of Chengan County illegally searched his home and found photographs of Master Li. Then they detained Zhou Zhenjie for 3 months and asked for 2,000 Yuan before releasing him. He passed away soon after he returned home.