Latest News from China -- 03/29/2002
- [Yitong County, Jilin Province] Dafa Practitioners Appeal in Beijing After Severe Harassment And Persecution By Local Police
- [China] Jiang's Tyranny I: The Old Parent Hoping for The Return of His/Her Sons
- [China] Jiang's Tyranny II: Benevolent People Are Under Persecution
- [Sanya City, Hainan Province] Prolonged Persecution Seriously Harms the Health of An Elderly Female Practitioner
- [Hebei Province] Young Police Officer Wang Yan Forced to Become Homeless
- [Northeast China] Approximately 100 Dafa Practitioners Held An Experience Sharing Conference
- [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Some Cases of Persecution of Dafa Practitioners in Tieling City Detention Center
- [Haidian District, Beijing] Resist The Local Perpetrators' Scheme of Putting the "Registered" Practitioners into "Brainwashing Class"
- [Xiamen City, Fujian Province] Perpetrators Held "Brainwashing Classes" at a Drug Detoxification Center
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Some Dafa Practitioners in Saertu District, Daqing City Have Been Illegally Detained For 6 Months
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Three Dafa Practitioners Were Illegally Sent to Forced Labor Camps
- [Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province] The Persecution of a Practitioner's Family by the "610" Office
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] The Phone Number of An Officer in The Armed Forces Department, Who Persecuted Dafa Practitioners
1. [Yitong County, Jilin Province] Dafa Practitioners Appeal in Beijing After Severe Harassment And Persecution By Local Police
Since the Cable TV incident in Changchun City on March 5, the police in Yitong County have relentlessly persecuted the local Dafa practitioners. To date, at least 20 practitioners have been detained in the Yitong County Detention Center, including a vice director of a government bureau in Yitong County. Several family members and relatives of the director were arrested at the same time.
The police also harassed those practitioners who stay at home: they frequently visit or call the practitioners' home to harass them, and arrest the practitioners when they see anything related to Dafa, or simply because the practitioners answered "yes" when they were asked if they would still practice Falun Gong. Under such severe conditions, some practitioners went to Beijing to appeal again. The perpetrators in Yitong County have also sent people to Beijing to persecute the practitioners appealing there.
2. [China] Jiang's Tyranny I: An Elderly Parent Hoping for The Return of His/Her Sons
Wang is 73 years old, gender unknown. His/Her two sons disappeared 10 months ago for firmly cultivating Dafa. In September 2001, Wang saw one son in a TV program on CCTV -- he had been arrested for broadcasting truth-clarifying materials. It was said that the other son was arrested for making truth-clarifying materials, but it was not known where he was being detained. Wang went many times to the government offices, asking where his/her sons had been sent, but he/she was not told anything. The elderly person has not received any notices or information from the government. Because of advancing age, Wang has difficulty walking around. Worrying so much about his/her sons, Wang is often in tears. Recently, Wang frequently dreamt about the younger son being tortured to death. Wang is living in misery and helplessness.
3. [China] Jiang's Tyranny II: Benevolent People Are Under Persecution
Zhang's wife is a Dafa practitioner, and the couple live in Northeast China. Zhang is a kind person. When he heard that two female Dafa practitioners had been arrested (someone reported them to the police), Zhang planned to take the practitioners' two young children into his home and take care of them. On February 1, 2002, while Zhang was out of town picking up the children, someone reported him to the police. The police arrested him, robbing him of the 400 Yuan [Chinese dollar. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is about 500 Yuan, but only 200 Yuan for a rural worker.] he carried, and detained him for 5 days. During his detention, Zhang has no clothes and no quilts. For 5 days and 5 nights, he suffered from the cold temperature. When he was released, Zhang did not have a penny on him. A kind-hearted person gave him 50 Yuan, but the money could only cover a fraction of the transportation expense. Eventually, Zhang was picked up by his relatives on his way home.
4. [Sanya City, Hainan Province] Prolonged Persecution Seriously Harms the Health of An Elderly Female Practitioner
Cui Sulan is a female Dafa practitioner in her 60s in Sanya City, Hainan Province. On the night of June 3, 2001, the local police abducted Cui from her home. She was illegally detained at the No.1 Detention Center of Sanya City. In September 2001, the perpetrators transferred Cui to the Female Forced Labor Camp of Hainan Province. Due to the prolonged persecution, Cui's body was severely injured, and she was in poor health. After a health examination, the forced labor camp refused to keep her. According to the rules, Cui should be released immediately. However, the Public Security Bureau of Sanya City continues to detain her at the No.1 Detention Center.
Persecutor's phone number: 86-898-88120277, 86-898-88868113 (Home)
5. [Hebei Province] Young Police Officer Wang Yan Forced to Become Homeless
Wang Yan is a 29 years old male police officer at Taihang Prison, Hebei Province. Engaged in some medical work in the prison, Wang is a responsible and hard worker. At the end of last year, the CCTV slandered Falun Gong using a fabricated murder case. Wang's superiors talked to him many times, asking him to write an "understanding" of the case. Because Wang refused to cooperate with the unreasonable request, his working unit sent people to follow and watch him. To avoid such persecution, Wang Yan and his Wife (also a Dafa practitioner) left their home in January 2002.
6. [Northeast China] Approximately 100 Dafa Practitioners Held An Experience Sharing Conference
On January 7, 2002, practitioners in a county in Northeastern China successfully held an experience sharing conference entitled "Study the Fa and Cultivate the Mind, Closely follow Teacher's Fa-rectification Process." Teacher's picture was hung at the center of the conference room. Around 100 practitioners participated in the conference. When they heard the music "Pudu" begin playing, everyone was moved to tears, feeling the compassion of Teacher in his painstaking salvation. Practitioners shared their experiences in Fa rectification, and everyone at the conference was shocked and encouraged by the mighty power of Dafa. The conference lasted for 3 hours in a harmonic and solemn atmosphere.
7. [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Some Cases of Persecution of Dafa Practitioners in Tieling City Detention Center
Since Jiang started to persecute Falun Gong, there have always been many Dafa practitioners illegally detained in Tieling City Detention Center. In order to stop the practitioners from Fa study and practicing the movements, perpetrators in the detention center used methods like shocking practitioners with electric batons, or making them wear a "neck cuff" (an iron ring is fixed to the floor, a short iron chain is put around a person's neck, and the other end of the chain is attached to the iron ring. The person who is locked up this way cannot stand or sit; he can only lie face down on the floor.), enduring beating and kicking, and brutal force-feeding.
1. Practitioner Song Xiuting was sentenced to 1 year in forced labor camp in March 2000. After spending 18 months in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, Song walked out of the labor camp with dignity in October 2001. In the beginning of November 2001, Song was arrested again for appealing in Beijing. The perpetrators then detained her at Tieling City Detention Center, where she persisted in practicing the movements. Female guard Zhao Yongfang put the "neck cuff" on her. Locked up in this inhuman way, Song could not even defecate or urinate by her self -- someone had to assist her to use a basin to eliminate her waste.
2. Zhang Fengjie was put in the detention center in November 2001. For practicing the movements, she was also locked up with the "neck cuff." While Zhang was locked up this way, guard Zhao Yongfang instigated the inmates to pour hot water on her quilt, saying: "Keep torturing her, we will see if she will still practice."
3. Practitioner Hu Ying went through many tribulations during her detention in Tieling City, Liaoyang City, and Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. In October 2001, Hu was released without giving in to the evil. In January 2002, Hu was illegally arrested again and put into Tieling City Detention Center. Hu also persisted in practicing the movements in the detention center. Guard Zhao Yongfang led several male guards into the cell and wildly beat Hu. The persecutors pulled Hu's hair so hard that large clumps of her hair were pulled out. However, Hu Ying would not give up practicing the movements. The guards came back with the "neck cuff," but they failed to put it on Hu because all the practitioners, including Liu Shuyuan and Sun Shuzhen, firmly resisted their brutal attempts.
4. In order to protest against the persecution, all the practitioners detained in Tieling City Detention Center went on a hunger strike. On the 5th day of the hunger strike, the perpetrators started to brutally force-feed the practitioners, which severely harmed the practitioners both mentally and physically.
Right now, the female practitioners illegally detained in Tieling City Detention Center include: Liu Shuyuan, Sun Shuzhen, Liu Zhiming, Jin Shuzi, Wu Yuping, Cao Yajuan, Liu Qingxiang, and Wu Donghui.
Phone numbers of Tieling City Detention Center:
Officer Wang (in charge of female cells): 86-410-4563743
Doctor at the detention center: 86-410-4563743
Zhao Yongfang: (Home) 86-410-4848061 (She has been dismissed from her post.)
8. [Haidian District, Beijing] Resist The Local Perpetrators' Scheme of Putting the "Registered" Practitioners into "Brainwashing Class"
Recently, the perpetrators in Haidian District, Beijing decided to put all the "registered" practitioners into "brainwashing classes." They "register" all the practitioners they know: working or retired, those who have stepped forward to validate Dafa and those who have stayed at home practicing by themselves. All the working units and street communities are preparing lists of practitioners and reporting them to their superiors. The perpetrators are trying to send all the practitioners to the "Brainwashing classes" unless they write "Renouncing Letters" according to predetermined "requirements."
We hope that all the practitioners who have seen this message send forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the persecution.
9. [Xiamen City, Fujian Province] Perpetrators Held "Brainwashing Classes" at a Drug Detoxification Center
The "Law Study Class" (brainwashing class) in Xiamen City started in September 2001 at Xiamen Detoxification Center, and two sessions have been held to date, each lasting for 3 months. Practitioners Zeng Linghua and Gao Xueqing are still being detained there. Zeng was illegally sentenced to 1 year in a forced labor camp in December 1999, yet the perpetrators have kept her at the labor camp for 20 months. In August 2001, Zeng was sent from the labor camp to the "brainwashing class." Zeng refused to give in to the persecution in any way while in the classes; so the perpetrators continue to detain her there. Practitioner Gao Xueqing was brutally tortured for practicing the movements.
10. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Some Dafa Practitioners in Saertu District, Daqing City Have Been Illegally Detained For 6 Months
Practitioner Cui Hongyan, He, and Liu Li were arrested while they were distributing truth-clarifying materials. The police also ransacked their homes at the same time, taking away all the Dafa materials in Liu Li's home.
On October 25, 2001, after the three practitioners had been held for a month, the perpetrators interrogated them. Because the practitioners refused to give up their cultivation and tell the source of the truth-clarifying materials, they were detained for 2 more months. On December 4, 2001, the perpetrators extended their terms by another 6 months. However, Cui and He were released on January 9, 2002; but Liu Li was placed under arrest. Liu is still waiting for a trial in court.
11. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Three Dafa Practitioners Were Illegally Sent to Forced Labor Camps
Practitioner Chen Ruichang was illegally detained for 1 year at a "Law Study Class" in Guangzhou City, after which the perpetrators sent him to a forced labor camp. When sentencing him, the persecutors did not even announce a definite term. Practitioner Huang Muzhen and Li Xiongxiang went to Beijing to validate Dafa in January 2002, and both were sentenced to labor camp terms. Huang Muzhen is a female retired worker. The persecutors have sent her to "Brainwashing Classes" many times. Li Xiongxiang, male, is an agricultural engineer at Modiesha Orchard in Guangzhou City. In March 2001, Li was illegally detained for 3 months by his working unit, and then he was sent to a local "Brainwashing Class". The current whereabouts of the three practitioners are not known.
12. [Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province] The Persecution of a Practitioner's Family by the "610" Office
My name is Ye Xinghua, and I am a practitioner in Longfeng Town, Pengzhou City. My whole family (over 10 people) started to cultivate Dafa in December 1996. Since then, we had been living harmoniously and happily together.
In July 1999, Jiang started to persecute Dafa. My husband's sister Li Yongxian went to appeal in Beijing in November 1999. The police arrested her and detained her for 15 days. Before they released her, the persecutors asked for 10,000 Yuan. Since we did not have the money; the persecutors lowered the amount to 5,000 Yuan, then to 1,000 Yuan. Because we really did not have any money for them, the persecutors had no choice but to release her unconditionally.
In July 2000, I went to validate Dafa in Pengzhou Square. The local police arrested me and sent me back to Jiulong Town, where they stripped off my clothes and beat me. On July 4, I was transferred to a detention center and held for 17 days, after which the perpetrators then transferred me to a commune. The police used fresh hemp [a plant with tiny thorns like nettle that sting and cause skin rash and burning] and electrical wire to whip me until I fainted. They also tried to extort 1,250 Yuan from my family. Because I don't have the money, they took all the valuables in my home including a TV, tape recorder, and electric fan, until they thought they had enough. I was then released and sent back to my hometown in Zhejiang Province.
Near the end of December 2000, two of my sisters and I went to Beijing to appeal. We also brought our children with us. In Tiananmen Square, the police arrested us and sent us to Changping County. During our detention there, the police tried to extort our names and addresses by torturing us. We did not tell them anything, but they deceived our children into telling them what they wanted. We were then transferred to Pengzhou City, and then to Fenglong Town, where we were detained for 7 days. The police in Fenglong Town tortured us using many methods, trying in vain to force us to tell them the source of our truth-clarifying materials. They then sent my sister Ye Xingping to Zhejiang Province, and put me into Pengzhou City Detention Center on January 9. I was detained there for 38 days, and then illegally sent to Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp in Zizhong for a 1 year term. After I was detained in the labor camp for 10 months, because of my attachments, I believed the guard's lies and wrote a "Guarantee Letter." I thought that I could deceive them by writing the letter and getting released, after which I could double my efforts in promoting Dafa. After I returned home, I realized that I had made a huge mistake through studying Teacher's new articles. I have done damage to Dafa and put a stain on my cultivation. I felt very guilty thinking about the compassionate salvation of our Teacher. Now I solemnly declare that the so-called "Guarantee Letter" I wrote is void!
As the persecution escalates, we face the danger of being arrested, tortured, and even killed at any time. On February 19, 2002, over 20 police guards from Longfeng Town and Jiulong Town suddenly surrounded our home and arrested four of us. They took away some Dafa books and pictures of Teacher. Five children were left at our home, with no one taking care of them. After requesting many times, I was finally released and sent back home so that I could take care of the children. My other three brothers and sisters are still being held, and I don't know their whereabouts.
We call for the attention of international societies and kind-hearted people to help the benevolent practitioners being persecuted. I also want to shout my words out to the Chinese government: Return the clean reputation of Dafa and our Teacher! Return our human rights to us!
13. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] The Phone Number of An Officer in The Armed Forces Department, Who Persecuted Dafa Practitioners
Feng Cai is the head of a local Armed Forces Department in Changchun City. He has been relentlessly arresting Dafa practitioners. We hope our fellow practitioners can call and stop him from doing such evil deeds. His numbers are:
(Home) 86-431-4520515, (Office) 86-431-4520754