Latest News from China - 11/28/2002
November 27, 2002
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Wang Jindong's Daughter Does Not Recognize Her Father's Picture
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] The Baoding Forced Labor Camp Brutally Tortures Strong Willed Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Huangpi District, Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Sent for Brainwashing Are Tortured
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] The Tang County "610 Office" Unlawfully Sent Many Falun Dafa Practitioners to a Forced Labor Camp
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Female Falun Dafa Practitioner Mu Qinglan is Deprived of Sleep at the "Hebei Provincial Capital Brainwashing Center"
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Yang Chuanjun from Dalian City Has Been Arrested and Is Constantly Abused
- [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] The Criminal Record of Police Officer Zhou Xianjun
- [Zanhuang County, Hebei Province] The Zanhuang County "610 Office" Unlawfully Arrests Falun Dafa Practitioners before the 16th Party Congress
- [Zhengding County, Hebei Province] Local Police Officers Brutally Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners; Female Practitioner Bai Jingyi in Her Twenties Is Severely Beaten
- [Around the World] There Is No Change in the Global Schedule of Sending Forth Righteous Thoughts Based on Beijing Time
1. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Wang Jindong's Daughter Does Not Recognize Her Father's Picture
A photo exhibit of the Tiananmen Staged Self-Immolation Incident was held in the Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City, Henan Province. Inmates had to walk past the exhibition boards in rows of two. When Wang Jindong's wife, He Haihua, and their daughter Wang Juanjuan, walked past the picture of Wang Jindong setting himself on fire, He Haihua could not help wondering, "How come this person doesn't look at all like my husband?"
Note: Wang Jindong is one of the five people from the staged immolation incident that took place during the Chinese Spring Festival season in 2001. In the programs shown by the Chinese Central Television Station, Wang Jindong's appearance differed significantly in pictures taken before the staged immolation incident at Tiananmen Square, taken when he was in the hospital, and taken later when he was in prison. Many have questioned how all three people can be the same person.
2. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] The Baoding Forced Labor Camp Brutally Tortures Strong Willed Falun Dafa Practitioners
The police in the Baoding Forced Labor Camp mercilessly strike practitioners on the head if they refuse to do slave labor. Prisoners are forced to do slave labor for over a dozen hours each day with no break. All such activities are closely monitored. One time, as part of their brainwashing, the police ordered practitioners to stand facing a wall for over twenty days. If a practitioner moved slightly, the police beat him severely. Practitioners are not allowed to talk to anyone. There is not a single minute of freedom. In one example of torture used on practitioners whose belief in Dafa is steadfast, their feet are shackled to the legs of a chair, and their hands are handcuffed backward behind the chair. Another example, which is even crueler, if a practitioners refuses to write a "statement of guarantee" [promise to quit practicing Falun Gong], several inmates are asked to keep an eye on the practitioner. As soon as the practitioner is about to doze off, the inmates strike with electric batons, or burn the practitioner's skin with lit cigarettes. The forced labor camp also plays videos that defame Falun Dafa. If the practitioners refuse to watch, their forced labor terms are extended.
3. [Huangpi District, Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Sent for Brainwashing Are Tortured
The police from the Huangpi District in Wuhan City, Hubei Province broke into people's homes to steal their valuables, abduct the Falun Dafa practitioners, and send them to brainwashing centers. In the brainwashing centers, around ten people take turns torturing each Falun Dafa practitioner around the clock. Practitioners are not allowed to sleep at all, unless they write "guarantees" [promises to quit practicing Falun Gong].
4. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] The Tang County "610 Office" Unlawfully Sent Many Falun Dafa Practitioners to Forced Labor Camps
The Tang County "610 Office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] in the Baoding area in Hebei Province illegally placed close to twenty Falun Dafa practitioners under arrest. Four of the arrested practitioners have been sent to a forced labor camp. They are Yang Shuye (female), Cui Yuying (female), Wang Huanqing (female), and Chen Mankun. Of these, Wang Huanqing was later sent to a brainwashing session for refusing to cooperate in the forced labor camp. On November 13, four more practitioners were sentenced to the forced labor camp. Members of the "610 Office" are planning to unlawfully sentence the rest of the practitioners in custody to forced labor camps as well.
Members of the "610 Office": Li Zhiyuan, Fu Jinpo, Shi Dengshun, Li Jinzhu, and Liu Jinzhou.
The police took Wang Guilan, female, a retired employee of a factory in Baoding, away from her home on November 16. She is currently in custody.
5. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Female Falun Dafa Practitioner Mu Qinglan Deprived of Sleep at the "Hebei Provincial Capital Brainwashing Center"
Female Falun Dafa practitioner Mu Qinglan has been illegally arrested many times for practicing Falun Dafa, and refusing to give up her belief. The Youyi Street Police Station planned to send her to a forced labor camp. A physical examination, however, revealed that her blood pressure was over 200. The police ignored her physical condition, and sent her for brainwashing at the "Hebei Provincial Capital Brainwashing Center." She refused to succumb to brainwashing, and has been held under illegal custody for over one and a half months. Collaborators (former Falun Dafa practitioners who, due to the severe torture, have succumbed to brainwashing) have taken turns abusing her by depriving her of sleep around the clock. In addition, her family has been banned from visiting her.
Address of the "Hebei Provincial Capital Brainwashing Center": Beicheng Road, Shijiazhuang City. Telephone number: 86-311-7792624 extension 8013 or 8012.
Telephone number of the Youyi Street Police Station: 86-311-3031330.
6. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Yang Chuanjun from Dalian City Has Been Arrested and Is Constantly Abused
Falun Dafa practitioner Yang Chuanjun from Dalian City, Liaoning Province has been abused constantly since his arrest in April or May 2002. His mother is nearly 80 years old, and has been visiting the Political and Judiciary Committee and the "610 Office" daily, demanding her son's release, and telling the officials the truth about Falun Gong. It is reported that Yang Chuangjun will be put on trial in early December.
7. [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] The Criminal Record of Police Officer Zhou Xianjun
The Huangsiwan Police Station in Huangshi City, Hubei Province has fabricated groundless charges against Falun Gong practitioners. In the Huangsiwan area alone, six practitioners were thrown into prison. They were released after paying fines. One practitioner was sentenced to two years of forced labor. Two practitioners were driven out of their homes. For example, Lin Xinsheng and Zhang Yiming have not been able to return to their homes since December 2001. The police have been constantly harassing practitioners who stay at home, restricting them from leaving Huangshi City, and placing them under daily surveillance.
A Vicious Police Officer
Zhou Xianjun, male, around 50 years old, is a police officer at the Xisaishan District Police Department of Huangshi City, Hubei Province. He frequently beats up practitioners who have a firm belief in Falun Dafa. Even a 20-year-old female practitioner was not spared from receiving vicious beatings. He plays a leading role in persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners in Huangshi City. He has worked with the "610 Office" in carrying out Jiang's orders to relentlessly persecute Falun Dafa practitioners. As a result, many practitioners have left home and become homeless to avoid persecution. He initiated the measure to terminate stipends to family members of Falun Gong practitioners in order to deprive them of their income. Zhou Xianjun has become notorious in Huangshi City.
8. [Zanhuang County, Hebei Province] The Zanhuang County "610 Office" Unlawfully Arrests Falun Dafa Practitioners before the 16th Party Congress
Before the 16th Party Congress [on November 8, 2002], the Zanhuang County "610 Office" in Hebei Province instructed police stations in towns and townships under its control to force Falun Dafa practitioners to write "statements of guarantee" [promise to quit practicing Falun Gong]. On November 6, a coordinated campaign was carried out across the county to arrest all practitioners who refused to sign. The harassment continued for several days. The total number of arrests is still under investigation.
List of officials who have directly participated in the recent persecution:
1. Li Zhanguo, Deputy Party Secretary of Zanhuang County, is originally from Nanzuo Town in Yuanshi County. Office telephone numbers: 86-311-4221338, 86-311-4221312.
2. Zhang Wanyin, Deputy Head of Zanhuang County, is originally from Ma Village in Xingguo Township. His current address is No. 18 Shima Road, Chengnan Street, Zanhaung County. ZIP 051200. Office telephone number: 86-311-4222838. Home telephone number: 86-311-4221547. Cellular number: 86-13803218395.
3. Ding Zengshun, Deputy Secretary of the Zanhuang County Political and Judiciary Committee, is originally from Bailu Village in Longmen Township, Zanhuang County. His current address is No. 19 Lane 8, Xida Street, Zanhuang County. ZIP 051200. Office telephone number: 86-311-4220480. Home telephone number: 86-311-4220576.
4. Zhang Zhanchuan, Chief of the Zanhuang County Police Department, is originally from Jingxia Village in Yuanshi County. Office telephone number: 86-311-4221549. Home telephone number: 86-311-4622257.
5. Wei Zhenhui, Deputy Chief of the Zanhuang County Police Department, is originally from Wayao Village in Zanhuang County. Office telephone number: 86-311-4221789. Home telephone number: 86-311-4221492. Cellular number: 86-13803218333.
6. Lu Guiping, police officer of the Political Security Section of the Zanhuang County Police Department, is originally from Chenjiazhuang Village in Zanhuang County. His current address is South House # 2, West Building, Family Quarters of the Zanhuang Police Station. ZIP 051200.
7. Chen Fengxiang, police officer from the Political Security Section of the Zanhuang County Police Department, is originally from Beipan Village of Zanhuang County.
9. [Zhengding County, Hebei Province] Local Police Officers Brutally Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners; Female Practitioner Bai Jingyi in Her Twenties Is Severely Beaten
In 2001, Falun Gong practitioners left truth clarifying leaflets on the Zhengding County Party secretary's desk. Jiang's followers in the county, angered over this incident, initiated large-scale arrests throughout the county and its neighboring areas. All practitioners have been arrested with no exception. Falun Dafa practitioners Wei Zhanjun, Bai Jingyi and others were brutally tortured. Bai Jingyi, female, over 20 years old, was so severely beaten that she could not crouch down or stand up. Her legs were so swollen that she could not put on her pants.
After the police in Zhengding County placed the Falun Dafa practitioners in custody, they handcuffed each of them to a large iron ring in such a way that they could neither crouch down nor stand up. After torturing them this way for an entire night, the police interrogated them coercively the next day. Countless Falun Dafa practitioners have suffered from this type of cruel torture.
Address of the Zhengding County Police Department: Hengshan Road, Zhengding County, Hebei Province. Office telephone number: 86-311-8026139. Main telephone lines: 86-311-8021717 and 86-311-8011859. The Command Center of the police department: 86-311-8018864.
10. [Around the World] There Is No Change in the Global Schedule for Sending Forth Righteous Thoughts Based on Beijing Time
The global schedule for sending forth righteous thoughts is still 6:00 am, 12:00 noon, 6:00 pm, and 12:00 midnight Beijing Time every day, plus 5:00 am, 6:00 am, and 7:00 am Beijing Time on Sundays. There is no change.
Beijing Time is Greenwich Mean Time + 8 hours.