Liao Zhaoqi, a 57-year-old Dafa practitioner and Director of Qionglai Health Care Clinic, was tortured to death at around 10 p.m. on October 3, 2002. Those responsible for her death are Dayi Rehabilitation Center Chief Zhang and Criminal Police Team Leader Zhou Wencai.

At 4 a.m. on September 25th, Liao Zhaoqi was illegally arrested from her relative's home and detained at the Rehabilitation Center of Dayi County, Sichuan Province. The Police Team Leader Zhou Wencai viciously beat and kicked her, leaving a large bruise across her face. Zhou also handcuffed her hands behind her back and chained her to the cell floor for 36 hours, denying her the use of the restroom, sleep, water and food. To protest this persecution, Liao Zhaoqi began a hunger strike. She was then tied down and force-fed. At around noon on October 3rd, eight days into her hunger strike, Liao Zhaoqi was force-fed by Center Chief Zhang and some other policemen. They handcuffed her spread-eagled to an iron fence. Zhang not only instructed others to beat her, but also did it himself. He grabbed Liao's hair and fiercely yanked her head between the closely spaced iron bars. Even though they couldn't force anything into her mouth at around noon, they continued trying in the afternoon. At around 5:30 p.m., Center Chief Zhao yelled for hot pepper powder, salt and something metal to pry open Liao's mouth. Several people continued to torture her. Some female drug addicts who witnessed the torture began to cry. One of them said, "This is too cruel! I have never seen such cruel people!"

After a long time, someone cried in low voice, "She's fainted!" Liao lost consciousness after being brutally tortured for two or three hours, which started at 5:30 p.m. A female drug addict who was involved in the force-feeding told people later that Liao woke up when she was sent to hospital, but was beaten again before she died. The policemen lied to the drug addicts, telling them that Liao had been released and that her family had taken her back home. However, several people witnessed the whole incident, including her death. Their names have been omitted so that they can serve as witnesses in the future.

Thus, the Center Chief Zhang and criminals under his command killed a kind elderly woman.

After Xue Yuzhen was tortured to death by the Qionglai local police on September 17th, another Dafa practitioner in his 60s, Deng, who worked at the Trade Union of Qionglai, was also severely tortured after being arrested from his home at around 9 p.m. on September 16th. He was later held at the Qionglai Detention Center. His current situation is unknown. According to the residents around Linqiong Police Station, Dafa practitioners are constantly tortured . Dafa practitioners Gu Zhiguang and Deng Zhong, who had been arrested at Dayi, were also tortured for an extended period at Qionglai. Nobody knows if they are still alive.

Qionglai Public Security Bureau continues to capture more and more Dafa practitioners with despicable means. They have offered a reward for capturing Dafa practitioners who have been forced to become homeless.

Kind people who simply practice Falun Gong and strive to improve morality are being subjected to cruel and bloody persecution. The law of heaven will surely punish the murderers.

Oct. 23, 2002