December 31, 2001

(Clearwisdom Net)

Between November 1999 and December 2000, the fourth team of Liaoyang City Labor Camp illegally detained a total of more than 50 Falun Gong practitioners from Liaoyang and Tieling cities. The Female Team Leader Sun Aiqing and other labor camp police tortured them mercilessly.

The Dafa practitioners persisted in their belief, and continued to study the Fa and practice the exercises. Dafa practitioners Lu Yanying refused to give up cultivation, so the team leader Sun Aiqing shocked her with an electric baton, which left half of her face black and purple. Her bruises are still not completely resolved after one year. Practitioner Wang Shufang was dragged by team leader Sun from the upper bunk down to the floor. Sun then took off her shoes and beat Wang's face with them until Wang lost consciousness, her face was beaten purple and swollen. This was a frequent occurrence. The police also repeatedly threw away the food that was brought in for the practitioners by their relatives.

When the practitioners persisted in their practice, the villainous police would torture them with even harsher means. Practitioners Zhang Yan, Zhang Hua (sisters), Kou Xiaokun, Wang Dong, and others were locked up. Their hands and feet were shackled. They could not move at all. Everyday, they were only given a flour bun weighing half an ounce, and half a bowl of vegetable soup to eat. Zhang Yan was handcuffed and hung up. Her two feet were fettered apart. She was locked up like this for 18 days. During these 18 days, she became unconscious a number of times. Tan Yi, who is only 19 years old, was locked up for 16 days. She was not allowed to move at all while she sat, her buttocks and tail bone developed pressure sores, and she could not walk for a long time.

The labor camp police forced the practitioners to do hard labor for a prolonged period of time. From 5:30 in the morning till 2-3am the next day. They would beat the practitioners if they worked a bit slower. In order to get the practitioners to make enough money for her to buy a car, Team leader Sun worked the practitioners like slaves. She forced them to work in the high temperature in a steel factory, or repair roads and lawns under the scorching sun. Many practitioners fainted. At night, when they returned to the labor camps, they had to make handicraft until 2-3 a.m. in the morning.

There was a job involving glass cutting, and the use of a toxic glue, which hurt the eyes so much one could hardly open the eyes. It also caused severe dyspnoea. There was no provision for any kind of protection. Practitioners were forced to work under such conditions. They were not even allowed to use the toilet during working hours. Some practitioners could not hold it any longer and soiled their pants. Because of the long hours of work without a break, the practitioners developed edema in the legs, feet and face.

Even though Liaoyang Labour Camp's Fourth Team has now been dissolved, the brutal persecution has yet to come to an end. We call on the international community to pay attention to the horrendous sufferings of the Falun Gong practitioners in China, especially the extreme brutal physical and mental tortures targeted and exacted on the female practitioners. We hope that humanity is responsible enough to history that the Dafa practitioners' affliction will not be easily forgotten, and the tragedy not re-enacted.