July, 1996


I am a 43-year-old nurse. I have suffered from several diseases since my 33rd birthday. Around the time of the Chinese New Year in 1989, the right side of my body suddenly became paralyzed. My speech was slurred and I had difficulty eating and drinking. The muscles around my eye and mouth sagged uncontrollably, so that I looked like someone who had suffered a stroke. Saliva was constantly drooling from my mouth. I was confined to a hospital bed in agonizing pain. A CT scan showed a chestnut-sized shadow on the right parietal lobe of my brain. I was told I had some kind of brain tumor. My whole family feared for my health. Specialists diagnosed me with multiple sclerosis and prescribed a high dosage of steroids for treatment. Nevertheless, after 10 months, although my condition had become stable, I still could not move my right arm or leg. One and a half years later I developed a severe complication - aseptic necrosis of the femural heads [a difficult to cure bone disease affecting the femur, or, large leg bone]. My left hip became deformed. Doctors explained their diagnosis and directed me to have immediate bed rest. I was told not to walk at all, otherwise I would need to go through several surgeries to have replace the femur bone- heads with artificial replacements. Hearing this, I fell to the floor and cried for a long time. I almost lost the courage to continue to live.

I then had lengthy treatments for aseptic necrosis of the femural heads. I followed a daily herbal treatment regimen. Six times a month, I had to go to the hospital to have the bone pressure relieved by a procedure where doctors drilled into my femural heads under X-ray guidance to inject medicine into my hips. This treatment was extremely painful so that I had to take massive doses of painkillers for 3 days after the procedure. I had been to many places seeking a cure and spent a lot of money on treatments, yet failed to see any worthwhile effects. Day after day for over 3 years I was in excruciating pain.

Then I discovered Falun Dafa. Teacher Li's words moved my heart and led me like a beacon of light to rise out of the bitter sea of suffering. I decided immediately that I wanted to learn Falun Dafa. The same night I finished reading Zhuan Falun, I felt an unbearably sharp pain in my upper body (back and chest) all of a sudden. I rolled off my bed onto the floor in agony. The on-call doctor came and gave me acupuncture and two injections of strong analgesics, to no avail. The next morning, the doctor preformed an ultrasound but could not find anything wrong. I believed that the doctor could not make a diagnosis and could not treat me and that I should just suffer the pain. I was in this torture for six days. On the seventh day, suddenly the pain stopped and I felt like a new person. On the eighth day, a mysterious strength drove me to ride a bicycle to a Falun Gong practice site I could hardly believe it myself. I now realized that I experienced these symptoms because Teacher was purifying my body. Since then, my confidence and determination to practice Falun Dafa have grown much stronger.

I repeatedly read Falun Dafa books. Wind or rain, neither the heat of summer nor the cold of winter have led me to miss the daily outdoor practice session. I measure myself against Falun Dafa's standards in everything that I do and strive forward on the difficult path of cultivation. After firmly practicing Falun Dafa for 1 year and 10 months, I recovered from slurred speech and could clearly read aloud from Zhuan Falun. Instead of strict bed rest, I could ride a bicycle. My ankles and toes are agile and the pain in my hip from the bone disease has disappeared. A follow-up scan confirms that my femural heads have become normal.

Aseptic necrosis of the femural heads is one of the world's most difficult diseases and can't be cured with money or technology. However it quietly disappeared from a Falun Dafa practitioner without any treatment. This is yet another clear demonstration of the miraculous power of Falun Dafa.