The Viciousness of the Jiamusi City Labor Camp in Heilongjiang Province
For initiating a hunger strike, Falun Dafa disciples Guihua Liu, Junhua Wang, Meiling Fu, Chunxia Deng, and others had rubber tubes forced through their noses and into their stomachs for up to 72 hours at a time. In a damp and freezing detention building, the camp guards handcuffed these Dafa disciples' hands and feet spread-eagle onto wooden beds and bound their chests. They could only urinate and defecate on their beds.
Furthermore, the guards shamelessly charged what they called "reservation fees." They charged 20 Chinese Yuan for each force-feeding of highly concentrated salt water. They also charged 50 Yuan for each visit from family members.
They threatened the family members by using the detained Dafa disciples as hostages, extorting more than 10,000 Yuan (about a year's income for an average family) from some of them. Vainly attempting to change Dafa disciples' determined and righteous minds, they confined 6 or 7 people in a small room and forcibly tried to transform them. They were only allowed to relieve themselves in the room. Even after the human waste fermented, they were not allowed to empty the pots. Labor camp officials also tortured determined Dafa disciples by forcing them to sit on "the tiger bench." (A log is placed under the lower legs and another log is forced down on top of the ankles.)
Another attempt to persecute Dafa disciples involved confining them in close quarters during rest breaks with syphilitic criminals. Xiuhua Ye was a disciple who persisted in practicing Falun Gong in the labor camp. After she was beaten up by the head jail guard, Hongguang Liu, she was confined to a small cell. Each day, she was continuously beaten by Guohong Chen, a criminal with tertiary syphilis. As jail guard Chunmei Chen incited Guohong Chen to beat up Xiuhua Ye, she also threatened the Dafa disciple by saying, "You have to be beaten until you obey. I will make you pee your pants whenever you see me." Due to the lengthy period of her persecution, Xiuhua Ye's brain was severely injured and the guards were afraid that she would die. Claiming that she had gone insane, they released her.
After 2pm on December 7, 2000, head jail guard Hongguang Liu brought 4 practitioners to the third brigade and viciously cursed them. "Aren't you all gods or immortals? I'm going to beat you up so badly that you will defecate." He then proceeded to beat up two practitioners until they lost consciousness. On December 11, Cuifang Fang was tortured to death and on January 15, 2000, Hong Tang was tortured to death. Another male disciple was also beaten to death.
A partial list of Dafa disciples who were persecuted in Jiamusi Labor Camp:
- Xiuyun Song, female, 60, retired teacher: arrested in October, 1999 while lawfully appealing in Beijing; illegally sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp; dismissed from the Communist Party; fined more than 7000 Yuan (about $900US). Her right hand was fractured. At present, she still has countless injuries.
- Jingrui Wang, male, former vice-director of the Shuangyashan Mining Affairs Bureau, Baoshan Coal Mine.
- Fengjie Sun, female, 44: illegally sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp for lawfully appealing in Beijing in 1999.
- Zhenyu Yan, female, 61: illegally sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp for lawfully appealing in Beijing in 1999.
- Hongxia Guo, female, 40: illegally sentenced to 2 years in a labor camp for lawfully appealing in Beijing on October 27, 1999.
- Yu Liu, female, 44: illegally sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp.
- Shuzhi Sun, female, 60: illegally sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp.
- Fengchun Yu, female, 39: illegally sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp.
- Lihua Li, female, 51: illegally sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp.
- Jinrong Fei, female, 53. illegally sentenced to 3 years of labor camp.
- Rong Yu, female, 38: illegally sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp.
- Xiaoling Dai, female, 38: illegally sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp.
- Guiying Zhang, female, 44: illegally sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp for appealing in Beijing in 1999.
- Chunyan Zhang: illegally sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp for appealing in Beijing on October 27, 1999. She still has not been released after completing her sentence due to her persistence in cultivating.
- Wei Yao: after completing his sentence in a labor camp, a policeman forced him to curse Dafa and Master Li during the Spring Festival. Because he was determined not to curse, he was then detained for another 23 days.
Criminals who persecuted Dafa disciples in the Jiamusi labor camp of Heilongjiang province:
The director of the labor camp, president Zhao
The vice director: Dejun Guan, vice director Hou
Evil guards: Hongguang Liu, Tiehong Zhu, Chunmei Chen, Xiaodan Zhang, Qi Sun, Jianan Jiang, and guards by the name of Gao and Miao
The administration branch: branch head Xu; policemen with the nicknames of "Da Long" and "Da Wei" The latter three people are the most vicious ones. They often beat people with electric batons or "tiger sticks." Some practitioners' ribs or wrists were broken from these beatings.
Provided by Dafa practitioners.
April 24, 2001