[Minghui Net]

Forty-five year old Wu Xuzhu was the vice-director and accountant for the Cities and Counties Development Committee (CCDC) in Jiamusi, Heilongjiang Province. A member of the XX party, Wu is married and has a daughter. Her parents and siblings live nearby. She has always been healthy, with no record or history of mental disease.

Upon her return to work after appealing in Beijing on July 25, 1999, she was forcibly sent to a mental hospital for the first time. Her work unit pressured her family until they agreed to cooperate with the decision to send her to a mental hospital. She was detained in the hospital for two days, but was not injected with drugs at this time.

On Feb. 9, 2001, she again went to Beijing to appeal and was captured and brought back to the Yonghong police station in Jiamusi. The director of CCDC, Sun Dongli, ordered vice-director Li Yonggang to threaten her family, and once again practitioner Wu was sent to a mental hospital, this time on Feb.14, 2001.

Practitioner Wu remained firm in her belief in Falun Gong no matter what kind of torture and persecution she faced. While she was detained in the mental hospital, her work unit threatened to fire her and revoke her party membership, and told her that as long as she signed a letter pledging not to practice Falun Gong, she would be released. They asked her family to sign the hospital record. Here are the facts: 1. Wu Xuzhu is being held in the 3rd people's hospital of Jiamusi, also called Jiamusi Mental Hospital

2. The doctor-in-charge is Zhang Xuemin. The Director of the section is Xue Fengqi; the head nurse is Li Shuqing

3. Without any examination, she has been labeled as having the "mental disease of depression."

4. The doctors have never discussed their diagnosis or treatment plan with Wu.

5. Because Wu knew she was healthy, she refused to take medicine from the doctor. To force her to comply, the hospital staff tied practitioner Wu to the bed and beat her. They stuffed drugs into her mouth, and the nurses monitored her at all times, not leaving until she took the medicine as ordered.

6. After giving her intravenous drip for eight days, the staff switched to oral pills. The drug is a variety of Chlorpromazine. While receiving the drug intravenously, she felt thirsty and irritable. Her tongue did not function well, and her legs were so weak she could not walk. She became easily agitated, had muscle spasms in her legs, and her whole body felt painful. After taking the oral drugs, she felt weak and limp, and now suffers from memory loss, lethargy, and a chronic headache.

The hospital released her on March 13, 2001 because she had no money to pay the bill; however, it did not release her diagnosis or treatment record.

Practitioner in China

March 20, 2001