[Jining City, Shandong Province] Officials Force People to Sign Letters Against Falun Gong,

After the Chinese Spring Festival, to "collect signatures" from higher authorities, the Jining City Government set up tables on the Square in front of the Taibai Building, and requested that each department or unit send representatives to sign a letter against Falun Gong and videotaped them for broadcasting on TV. In order to accomplish the task, the government staff also went to schools to force students, including first grade pupils, to sign. The parents of the students were angry and said: "Dying Jiang Zemin tries to get more people buried with him at the last moment, even children!"

In addition, student exams and homework also include content slandering Dafa.

[Jining City, Shandong Province] Jining Police Arrest Dafa Practitioners

After the Chinese Spring Festival, Luo Gan clamored: "Sentence Dafa practitioners heavily if they are caught regardless if they have ever stepped out or not." Thus, police once again made trouble in searching and arresting Dafa practitioners everywhere. It is said that over ten Jining Dafa practitioners have been arrested. Police brutally beat some of them in an attempt to learn the source of Dafa materials. Some practitioners were forced to wander about on the streets. We hope that Jining practitioners tell the truth of Dafa with wisdom and leave no holes for the evil force.

[Guangzhou City] Dafa Practitioner Xie Yunxia Persecuted, Family Torn Apart

Xie Yunxia, female, 33 years old, a former official in the General Office of Guangdong Provincial Committee was fired at the end of 1999 for practicing Falun Gong.

In May 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal and was illegally detained for 15 days. In July 2000, the Dongshan District Government, in the name of transformation, put her under house arrest for over 20 days out of fear that Dafa practitioners would go to Beijing.

On the morning of November 21, 2000, led by the Director Wong (female) of Resident Committee, Dongshan District Government, Su Peiwei, a local policeman from Police Sub-station, along with 6 to 7 other police went to Xie's home, arrested her, ransacked her home and forcibly took away many Dafa books and materials. Later Xie Yunxia was detained for criminal reasons and sent to the Third Team, the Third Detachment, Chatou Labor Camp.

Her family has not received notice of her forced labor and do not know the sentence term. They asked Su Peiwei, but he said he did not know. The forced labor camp said that no one is allowed to visit her if she is not transformed.

At the beginning of February 2001, Guangzhou City started another round of large-scale persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. Xie's husband (a Dafa practitioner) had to leave home to avoid persecution from police and officials. Their 60-year-old father and 4-year-old son were left at home.

Currently, the Ciba Resident Committee and Donghu Street Police Sub-station plan to evict the old man and the boy out of their administrative area. They request relevant departments in the provincial government to evict the old man The old man is neither a native of Guangzhou, nor does he have relatives or friends nearby. He does not know what he will do. Another peaceful and nice family has been broken by the brutal persecution of Jiang Zemin and his followers. This is the real situation of China at the time of what Jiang Zemin claimed "the best period of human rights".

Phone of Ciba Resident Committee, Donghu Street, Dongshan District: 86-20- 8776-2848

Director Wong XX

Phone of Donghu Street Police Sub-station, Dongshan District: 86-20- 8766-5518

Ciba Special Zone Police, Su Peiwei

[Shanghai City] Dafa Practitioner Wang Xuefei Arrested by Police

January 16, 2001 - Whereabouts Unknown.

[Shanghai] Dafa Practitioner Zhou Bin is Missing

Zhou Bin, a Dafa practitioner from Shanghai was noticed to be missing between January 16th and 18th. We hope that the people who know the details would release any information about his possible whereabouts.

[Anhui Province] Practitioners Arbitrarily Arrested

Recently, practitioners including Liu Hefang, Yang Lei, Zhang Xiuying, Brother Zhu and a practitioner whose last name is Xu were arrested while clarifying the truth in Hefei City, Anhui Province. Practitioners including Zhan Fanping were arrested because of their knowledge of computers, and all of them are being currently detained in Hefei City Detention Center.

Nine practitioners including Wang Ying, from Linquan, Anhui Province, were arrested at home.

[Xi'an City, Shanxi Province] Work Units Hold Anti-Falun Gong Activities

Recently, many work units in Xi'an City including factories, schools etc. held activities, asking all the people of each work unit to sign anti-Falun Gong slogans. Whoever refused to sign would be labeled. Those who have already signed said," We don't care about it. It doesn't matter whether to sign or not." Any practitioner who refused to sign would be sent to labor camps, detention centers or transformation classes, with their personal freedom restrained.

Practitioners who go to Beijing to safeguard the Fa, are, without exception, arrested, criminally detained or sentenced. For example, Wang Jingyun has been detained in the detention center since she went to Beijing to verify the Fa on December 30th, 2000 until now. Practitioners including Ma Haiyun , Ma Jingqun and some others went to Beijing to safeguard the Fa on the second day of the Chinese Lunar New Year, and they have been criminally detained without being informed of a release date.

We, Dafa practitioners in Xi'an city will surely follow what our respected Teacher says, "I hope that everyone will do an even better job in this Fa-rectification matter and in exposing the evil. This is also part of your cultivation."(Master Li's Lecture at the Great Lakes Conference in North America). We'll adopt numerous methods to continue exposing the evil, clarifying the truth, offering salvation to the people of the world and assisting the Teacher in rectifying the Fa.

[Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Appealling Legally, Suffering Brutal Beating

I am a Falun Gong practitioner, female, of 38 years old. I went to Tiananmen to express my wish on April 28th, 2000. After I was taken back, the director of our local Tangu Police Station Sun Zhixin, and policemen Lu Yutao, Min Bing and others brutally tortured and beat me. They cuffed me with both of my hands behind my back to an iron pipe in a bicycle shed. They slapped my face, kicked and punched me on the chest while cursing me. They used rope to hang me up with only my tiptoes touching the ground. A policeman whose last name is Lu said that he was allowing me to do the Falun embracing stance from the back. They raised the rope to a certain height and then fixed it, slapping my face, kicking me while cursing me. They also used an electric baton to shock my hands and asked me about how I felt. After torturing me for a period of time, they released me. However they still had not worked off their anger and they once again hung me up. This time, they asked me to stand on a chair, and fixed the rope at a certain height, and then removed the chair. My weight at that time was more than 75kg(about 167 pounds), which all amassed on my handcuffed wrists. The right handcuff was suddenly split. They were startled by this, yet they still didn't stop persecuting me and hung me up again. With my arms hanging at a certain height, they used the police baton to twist the two pieces of rope in the middle. I suffered unbearable pain while they twisted the rope. While the policeman with the last name Lu asked me about how I felt, he also slapped my face and shocked me with an electric baton. They continuously tortured me from 5 o'clock in the morning until daybreak. Due to the hanging and beating, there appeared a fissure in my right wrist. The handcuffs tightly wedged my wrists, without even a gap. They handcuffed me with my both hands behind my back to the iron pipe in the bicycle shed for the whole day, and they frequently came over to slap my face, and burnt my face three times with a cigarette lighter. I blew out the fire. At night, the policeman whose last name is Lu took me to his office and instigated Min Bing to beat me on the back with a police baton. In fear of leaving scars, they put a book on my feet, beat my feet arches seven times and shocked my arches seven times with an electric baton.

All of the above are the facts of how they tortured me. The scars can be seen as proof. In addition, the director withheld my 700 Yuan RMB (average monthly salary in Chinese city is 700 Yuan) cash, which he said would be used to pay the fare of taking me back from Beijing. He didn't give me a receipt. I am a common citizen, and I suffered beating and cursing by the people from the local police station simply because I said a few just words to the government.

The telephone number of Lu Yutao is 86-311-96777-2548.

The telephone number of Sun Zhixin is 86-311-96777-2522

A Dafa practitioner from Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province

[Beijing] "No.1 Detention Center in Asia" Persecutes and Tortures Practitioners

It is said by the prisoners that the detention center in Dongcheng District, Beijing claims to be No. 1 in Asia and No.2 in the world. Tiananmen Police Station is directly administered by the Public Security Bureau of Dongcheng District, Beijing, and therefore it is the most vicious place of persecution for Dafa practitioners.

I went to Tiananmen Square on January 20, 2001 to validate Dafa by unfurling a banner and was brought to the Dongcheng detention center in the evening. The police there are extremely vicious. They cursed and beat practitioners at will and asked the practitioners to squat down by the wall with both hands holding their own heads. A policeman asked loudly: "Haven't you come from the universe? Who comes from the universe?" A practitioner replied and was immediately taken out and beaten for quite a while. But, that practitioner did not withdraw his words so the police had no choice but to stop the beating.

Next, police took photos, finger prints, examinations, etc. for the practitioners. If anyone resisted they would be beaten by the police. Certain practitioners, with their clothes stripped off, were brought to the staircase and beaten. During this process, I was beaten four times. At one time, the police shocked my head, neck, both hands and face with an electric baton continuously, resulting in five or six bumps on my head and neck, and dark bruises on my back, buttocks and thighs.

The practitioners in the detention center who refused to cooperate went on a hunger strike and called out words against the persecution. They were transferred to prisoner cells where police guards instigated the prisoners to torture the practitioners. If one cell did not work, the practitioner would be transferred to another cell which was more harsh, until finally, to the cell of heavily sentenced criminals. After that, practitioners who still resisted would be handcuffed with hands behind the back. The prisoners in the cells would then pour cold water on practitioners and use all kinds of means to beat them. They force-fed practitioners with hot chili water and suffocated practitioners by covering their heads with plastic bags. Some cells did not allow practitioners to eat, force-feeding them with water instead, but not allowing them to use the restroom. Some cells had no monitors, so the prisoners tortured the practitioners unscrupulously. All these tortures were instigated and tacitly consented to by the prison guards. The practitioners who insisted on the hunger strike and refused to tell their names were all shocked with electric needles and force-fed. The electric needle was inserted into the acupuncture point until it reached the nerve, then high voltage was applied. The high voltage would cause the bodies of the practitioners to jump up high suddenly from the bed, which is extremely cruel.

Until January 14, 2001, there were still 50-60 Dafa practitioners remaining in custody in the detention center. At least one of them had gone on a hunger strike for more than 10 days. One of the guards in the detention center is Gong Baoliang. We hope that insiders can tell us the details of the other vicious people in the detention center.

(This practitioner has escaped from this den of monsters and is now being pursued by the local police station and his work unit. He was forced to leave home and go into hiding, his wife is 9 months pregnant, but no one is taking care of her.)