A talented young teacher, honest and kind, died from internal injuries caused by torture he endured during the 200 plus days of his detention, only because he defended the truth.

Wang Jinguo, male, 34, was a history teacher at the local high school in Nongfeng Township, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. He was honored as a "model worker" of the township and the city, and his academic papers won awards given by the city. In addition, he received merit-based bonuses for his teaching every year. Wang also gave demonstration classes in the city. About 96% of students in his class were able to go to college due to their excellent scores. He himself was good at singing, calligraphy, playing the piano, and painting. Wang was known as a good husband, and he was well respected in the neighborhood.

In 1996, Wang Jinguo, his wife, and their child started practicing Falun Gong.

Wang Jinguo was greatly saddened by Chinese government's decision to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, because he knew deeply how Falun Gong had upgraded his spiritual level, strengthened his body, and purified his soul. Falun Gong benefited society as a whole and made life more meaningful. How could the government ban such a good cultivation practice?

Wang Jinguo decided to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in June of 2000. As a result, he was illegally detained for 19 days at the No.2 Detention Center in Shuangcheng City.

On Nov. 8, 2000, in order to clarify the truth of Falun Gong to the government, Wang and his family went to Beijing again. However, they were stopped on the way, and he was sent to the No.2 Detention Center once more. After Wang was detained for 15 days, the local 615 Office was ready to let him go. However, the officials of Nongfeng Township said, "It won't be a problem to detain him for another month. It would be better if you sent him to the labor camp." They then falsified Wang's file and reported to the 6.10 Office [a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches], "We lack the resources for his supervision. We agree to send him to the labor camp."

On Dec. 3, 2000, Wang Jinguo was transferred to Cell No. 3 of the detention center. Guard Li Huaixin told the inmates, "He is from my hometown. You 'take good care' of him for me." Under Li's directions, Wang Jinguo suffered many different inhuman tortures at the hands of the inmates.

The guards had Wang and other practitioners sleep on the cement floor for 40 to 50 days and beat them everyday after supper. During one such beating, Wang Jinguo moaned in pain. Three inmates including Bu Mingxing and Liu Zhiguo threw themselves onto him like wolves and pressed him against the board, which served as a bed. They then pulled him up and threw him against the board. Blood spurted from his mouth.

Wang Jianguo was a little near sighted, so one day the inmates forced his eyes open and stabbed at his eyeballs with their fingers, calling it "flipping the light bulb." Tears poured from his eyes from the sharp pain. They also kicked Wang's chest heavily with their boots, causing him to gasp in pain.

The worst incident was instigated by Bu Mingxing, the leader among the inmates, who struck Wang's face with his fists countless times, until Wang could no longer sit up. He kept vomiting for 3 or 4 days, unable to ingest any food or water. At this point, Wang's heart, lung, and kidney functions deteriorated rapidly. His head had also become severely swollen. Wang had difficulty breathing, and there was blood in his urine. Wang was very weak, and his clothes were often covered with blood. What we have described here are only a few of the many tortures Wang suffered. According to a witness, Wang remained very kind in spite of his suffering. He was never angry with the inmates.

The detention center officials were worried that Wang might die, so they reported this to the 6.10 Office and extorted 2000 Yuan from his family before they notified the local officials to take him home. (Note: Yuan is the Chinese currency. The average monthly income of an urban worker is 500 Yuan.)

Around February 7 of 2001, Wang's family decided to take him to Beijing for medical treatment, but policemen from Nongfeng stopped them in Harbin City. Wang Jinguo was sent back home, so the last hope held by his family was gone.

On May 23, 2001, due to severe internal injuries, Wang Jinguo passed away.

We would like to ask the officials of Nongfeng Township a few questions:

Why is a citizen forbidden to go to Beijing to clarify the truth?

Why did you falsify Wang Jinguo's file?

Why did you stop Wang's family from taking him to Beijing for medical care?

We also have some questions for guard Li Huaixin in the detention center: Where were you when the inmates were torturing the practitioners? Without your orders, would they have dared to conduct the torture?

This evil conduct has finally been exposed after five months.

Wang Jinguo is gone. Though he died from the persecution, he did not harbor hatred towards anyone. He left the world with only sorrow for sentient beings. He said with his last words, "If I leave this world, it is because of their persecution. I hope things that happened to me will never happen again to anyone else. Nevertheless, as long as sentient beings have the slightest desire to return to goodness, we should do our best to save them, including those who took part in torturing me." It is a shame that we cannot hear his earnest words anymore. But we understand what he wanted to tell people. Falun Dafa is good. Stop persecuting Dafa practitioners. We hope that people all over the world can obtain the Fa, be saved from the sea of bitterness and separate themselves from deceit, hypocrisy, violence, ignorance, and selfishness.