The Darkness Inside Baimalong Female Labor Camp in Zhuzhou, Hunan Province
October 13, 2001
In March 2000 the Baimalong Female Labor Camp started to forcefully brainwash Falun Gong practitioners and the persecution has been escalating since. They detain those Falun Gong practitioners infinitely who refuse to give up cultivation. Some practitioners were illegally detained for more than 9 months past their supposed release time because they held firm in their belief in Truth, Compassion, and Forbearance. The labor camp forcibly separated practitioners from their relatives, and at the same time told the public that the practitioners did not want to go home or to see their relatives.
In order to suffocate the evil and reveal the truth, some practitioners did not cooperate with the evil and went on hunger strikes without water. They were brutally tortured; some were killed, some disabled, and some became very emaciated.
1. Changsha practitioner, Zuo, female, approximately 20 years old, went on a hunger strike without water. The police forcefully fed her and caused her to suffocate to death. In order to cover the true reason of her death, the labor camp strictly blocked information. They covered her body with a white sheet and carried her away secretly. When other practitioners found out and asked the police, they denied everything and accused the practitioners of lying instead. To this day, Zuo's family still does not know the truth.
2. Practitioner Cao Jianzhong, female, over 50 years old, delivered merchandise for a living. She was very strong and healthy. Because she insisted on practicing the exercises, the police beat her with electronic batons, which caused internal bleeding in her stomach. She could not eat or drink and began excreting blood. She was locked up in a small cell for more than 10 days until her life was in danger, at which time they sent her to the hospital to be resuscitated. Yet they turned black into white by making a video tape to cover the truth and to deceive the public by saying that a Falun Gong practitioner had become severely ill and that they had practiced humanitarianism in order to save her life.
3. Practitioner Liu Jianxiu, female, over 30 years old, is a village woman from Shaoyang. Because she insisted on practicing the exercises, the police cuffed her hands to an iron fence with her toes barely touching the ground. She was tortured to the point of losing consciousness and became incontinent. Had she not been discovered by other practitioners, she might have lost her life.
4. Practitioner Kuang Changyun from Hengshan is a single mother of three with the youngest one being two years old. The local police arrested her and fined her 2000 Yuan (translator's note: the average monthly salary is 500 Yuan in cities of China). Unable to pay this amount of money, she was sentenced to 1 year in the Baimalong Labor Camp. However, they refused to release her after she had finished the 1 year sentence. No one is taking care of the children, whose current situation is unclear.
5. Cheng Linghui from Xiangtan is 62 years old. She used to have many illnesses before practicing Falun Gong, which all disappeared after practicing. In the labor camp, under
extreme threats and force, she wrote letters to denounce Falun Dafa. Shortly after, she had a stroke and her family was called immediately to bring her home. Dafa made a chronically ill person healthy, yet the labor camp made a healthy person paralyzed.
6. An elderly female practitioner was dragged outside and knocked down to the ground with electric batons because she practiced Falun Gong exercises. As a result she lay on a bed for two days because of severe injuries. On the third day, when she struggled to get up to wash, she felt dizzy and fell down from the second floor. As a result she is permanently disabled.
There are more than 600 Falun Gong practitioners currently illegally detained in Baimalong Female Labor Camp. They have been deprived of their basic human rights and are forced to experience brainwashing. We often saw the police waving electric batons beating Falun Dafa practitioners. In cold winter or hot summer, practitioners who persisted in Truth, Compassion, and Forbearance to be good people, faced handcuffs, electric batons, and small cells. In winter, the small cells were filled with Falun Gong practitioners. There was only a dirty and torn cotton quilt inside each 4-foot cell and one had to eat, urinate, and excrete all inside this small space. Families were not allowed to visit them. This is the dark truth of the labor camp. Under the cover of "educating, moving, and saving" Falun Gong practitioners, they forcefully persecute them and deceive their families and the public.