Wang Dayuan - 王大源
teacher/Harbin Institute of Technology
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Harbin City No. 1 Prison
Mr. Wang Dayuan, thirty-six years old, a resident of Harbin, was a lecturer and faculty member in computer studies at Harbin Institute of Technology. On April 2, in order to compel him to write a statement criticizing Falun Gong, Harbin City No. 1 Prison guards took turns to beat him up and punish him by making him stand in painful postures for a whole day. He was not given any food. On April 3, Wang Dayuan was forced to write a self-criticism statement under undue pressure from the violent beatings. On April 4, he tore up the statement and the prison police increased the intensity of the torture on him. In the end, Wang Dayuan could not stand, so the police made him crawl down the hall and threw him into a storage room. On April 5, Wang Dayuan was in a very bad condition but the police still forced him to work. They also violently beat him in the afternoon. On April 5, 2004, Wang Dayuan stopped breathing.
- Practitioner Ms. Zhou Qiaohang from Heilongjiang Province Brutally Tortured
- Practitioners Beaten to Death at Harbin Prison No. 3 and Tailai Prison
- Faculty and Students in China's Universities and Colleges Who Practice Falun Gong Are Tortured and Killed for Their Belief (Photos)
- What Caused the Death of Mr. Wang Dayuan, a 36 year old College Teacher?
- An Account of How Wang Dayuan, Lecturer from Harbin Institute of Technology, was Tortured to Death by Police in Harbin City No. 1 Prison
- Harbin Industry University Teacher Mr. Wang Dayuan Tortured to Death at the Harbin First Prison
- Mr. Sun Dianbin Suffers Food Deprivation and Other Abuses at the Daqing City Prison (Photos)
Chinese version available at: