Zhang Changming - 张长明
Mr. Zhang Changming, about 50 years old, worked at the Xinjian coalmine in Qitaihe city, Heilongjiang province. On July 20th, 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. He was arrested and taken back to Qitaihe city. In December 1999, he was held at the detention center in Jiamusi city, Heilongjiang province and was illegally sentenced to a three-year term at a forced labor camp. On November 3, 2000, together with another ten male Dafa practitioners, he escaped from the detention center with righteous thoughts. The police from the security office of the Xinjian coal mine arrested him again and took him back to the detention center of Jiamusi city where he suffered brutal torture after he became homeless for one year in order to avoid further persecution and arrest.
The detention center notified his family members to bring 1000 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.] in exchange for a visit on February 15th, 2003. However, their visit was denied after his family members handed in all they could gather, only 200 Yuan.
On March 1, 2003, his family members received a notice from the detention center telling them that Zhang Changming was sick and that they should come and pick him up. What actually happened was that Yang Chunming, the supervisor, and Yang Wenbing, a police officer, frantically stabbed at his head and body with screwdrivers after covering him up with something. When they stopped, Zhang Changming's head was severely injured, with large bruises and internal bleeding, and he frequently vomited blood. Seeing that he was already on the verge of death, even the hospital refused to accept him, not wanting responsibility for his death.
At about 3:30 pm on March 2, 2003, the detention center took Zhang Changming home and tried to extort 500 Yuan from his family, however the family did not have money to give. Zhang Changming continued vomiting blood and bleeding from his many wounds after arriving home. Unable to eat or speak, he died at 7:30 pm the same day.
- The Jiamusi City Forced Labor Camp Has Tortured More Than Ten Falun Dafa Practitioners to Death
- The Facts of Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Zhang Changming's Torture and Death in the Jiamusi City Forced Labor Camp
- Shackled to Floor, Nail in Foot; Confined to Solitary Compartment - Supplementary Information Regarding Zhang Changming Being Tortured to Death
- Murder in Jiamusi Detention Center: Guards Stab Practitioner Zhang Changming Repeatedly in the Head With Screwdrivers
- Police in the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp Beat Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhang Changming to Death
- Individual Case Reports of the Torture of Practitioners in Jiamusi Labor Camp
- Jiamusi Falun Gong Practitioner Zhang Guohai Subjected to Repeated Persecution