Zhang Litian - 张立田
Mr. Zhang Litian, 36, was born in Laizhou City, Shandong Province, but lived in Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province most of his life. Due to the persecution, he stayed in his old hometown in Shandong Province for the past several years, to avoid arrest.
In April 2008, using the excuse of preparing for the Olympics, residence permit community police from Jinzhou City and Taihe District followed the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) order to locate every Falun Dafa practitioner on their list. They traced Mr. Zhang to Shandong Province, and they arrested him and brought him back to Jinzhou City, where he was locked in the Jinzhou City First Detention Center. Zhang Litian went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution immediately after being arrested. In August 2008, the Taihe District Court secretly tried Mr. Zhang in the Detention Center office, sentenced him to five years in prison, and took him to the Twentieth Ward of Jinzhou City Prison. He died on November 17, 2008.
- Mr. Zhang Litian's Family's Concerns Still Go Unheard Three Months after His Death
- Wreaths and Banners Condemn Jinzhou Prison for Killing Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Zhang Litian (Photos)
- Mr. Zhang Litian Beaten to Death in Jinzhou City Prison, Liaoning Province (Photos)
- Mr. Zhang Litian Dies in Jinzhou City Prison, Liaoning Province (Photo)
- Inmates at Jinzhou Prison Send Out Appeal Letter after Dafa Practitioner Mr. Zhang Litian Was Beaten to Death (Photos)
- Mr. Chen Xin Imprisoned for Nine Years, Jinzhou Nanshan Prison Denied His Mother's Visitation