Gu Qun - 顾群
Mr. Gu Qun was a Falun Dafa practitioner from Dalian City, Liaoning Province. On the afternoon of March 16, 2008, officers from the Tianjin Street Police Station arrested him while he was passing out truth-clarification materials, and detained him at the Yaojia Detention Center. He went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, and the guards responded by brutally force-feeding him. This left him severely injured. The Detention Center Administration took him to the Dalian City Central Hospital to get intravenous injections and prescription drugs. At 9 a.m. on April 8, 2008, they sent him to the Dalian City Third People's Hospital for emergency rescue, but according to some sources, he was dead on arrival. His family was notified of his death at 2 p.m. on April 9, 2008.
Fewer than 23 days passed between his unlawful arrest and his death. The CCP police had him sentenced to 18 months of forced labor, but tortured him to death before even taking him to the labor camp. Mr. Gu Qun had previously been subjected to forced labor in the Dalian Forced Labor Camp.
- Mr. Gu Qun Dies in Yaojia Detention Center in Dalian City, Liaoning Province
- Recalling Fellow Practitioner Mr. Gu Qun (Photo)
- What I Know about Mr. Gu Qun, Who Died in a Detention Center on April 8
- Additional Information about Mr. Gu Qun's Death at the Hands of the Police in Liaoning Province
- A Detailed Account of Horrific Acts of Sexual Abuse and Torture by Authorities in the Dalian Forced Labor Camp