Chen Baofeng - 陈宝凤
Mr. Chen Baofeng, 43, lived in Liujiazi Town, Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province. On February 24, 2008, he was driving his taxi to take some friends out of town when the police stopped his vehicle, and arrested him and his passengers. After being held for several days, they were transferred to the Chaoyang City First Detention Center (also called the Wujiawa Detention Center) on March 3, 2008. Mr. Chen was killed the same night, and thus far, the family has still not been allowed to see his body.
Chaoyang City Police Department Deputy Director Zhang Minghua said that the provincial police department gave orders to violently interrogate these six practitioners. When their family went to visit them, an officer said, "If they refuse to cooperate, we will force-feed them until they die." When Mr. Chen Baofeng was killed in police custody, the Chaoyang City Police Department did not notify his family. After Zhang Minghua met with the Political Security Office and the detention center, they claimed that Mr. Chen had died of a sudden heart attack.
Mr. Chen's family pointed out that he never had heart problems before and that he was a very healthy man. How could he have died only eight days after being arrested if it was not the result of police brutality? If he died of sickness, why didn't they notify his family when he was ill? Why have they refused to allow the family to see his body?
- Mr. Chen Baofeng Died in Police Custody in Liaoning Province
- The Suffering of Tian Shaochun and His Family in Yi County, Liaoning Province
- Nursery School Director Jailed Again (Liaoning Province) (Photo)
- Ms. Yu Huijuan In Serious Condition--Police in Chaoyang City Refuse to Release Her
- Ten Practitioners' Deaths Reported in March 2008(Photos)
- Additional Information about Mr. Chen Baofeng's Death as a Result of Torture (Photo)