Qi Tingsong - 亓廷松
Date of Death:
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
Most recent place of detention:
Laiwu City Detention Center
Qi Tingsong, 67, lived in Laiwu City, Shandong Province. At around 8 a.m. on October 15, 2007, Mr. Qi Tingsong was arrested, and the Ezhuang Coal Mine Security Office Chief Yang Leping along with police officers including Liu Qing from Laiwu City Department had Mr. Qi sentenced to forced labor. Mr. Qi went on a hunger strike to protest. Chen Fayong, director of the Laiwu Detention Center, instigated a group of police officers to savagely kicked his lower back and seriously injured him. His upper digestive system was seriously injured from the force-feeding, resulting in severe bleeding. Mr. Qi was near death. In order to shirk their responsibility, the government officials sent Mr. Qi to Laiwu City Hospital. The hospital exam revealed that Mr. Qi's internal organs were failing and that he had serious internal injuries. The hospital issued a notice stating that he was in critical condition. At this crucial moment, Liu Qing, Chen Fayong, Yang Leping, and Xie from Laiwu Procuratorate Office refused to assume responsibility for the medical expenses. The hospital then stopped the injections and Mr. Qi's medication. Laiwu City Police Filed Records Claiming He "Committed Suicide in Fear of Punishment". Qi Tingyuan passed away in the Central Hospital of the Xinwen Coal Mining Administration on the morning of November 11, 2007. When he was in a coma, he had blood in his stool and bled from his mouth. His medical record indicated that he had liver, heart, and kidney failure. He was given a blood transfusion for his anemia and upper esophageal bleeding. His lips were ulcerated, his tongue was black and shortened, and his lower back and the backs of his arms bore obvious scars from serious injuries.
- Mr. Qi Tingsong's Family Receives Compensation for His Death Due to Torture after Persistent Appeals (Photo)
- No Way for His Family to Obtain Justice, Mr. Qi Tingyuan's Remains Have Not Been Cremated for Two Months
- In November 2007, Eight Practitioners Are Verified to Have Died as a Result of Persecution and Torture
- "Committing Suicide to Escape Punishment" Given as the Cause of Mr. Qi's Death, Family's Appeal Stalled
- Before Qi Tingsong Died as a Result of Torture, Laiwu City Police Filed Records Claiming He "Committed Suicide in Fear of Punishment"
- Mr. Qi Tingsong Was Persecuted to Death at the Laiwu Detention Center in Shandong Province
- Mr. Qi Tingsong Tortured to Death in Laiwu City, Shandong Province
Chinese version available at: