Chen Qiji - 陈启季
Mr. Chen Qiji was born in 1961. He was about 6 feet tall and was very physically strong. He was a kindhearted teacher employed by the Company School of the Third China Construction Corporation located in Jinmen City, Hubei Province. Because he firmly kept his faith and continued to practice Falun Dafa, he was brutally mistreated by CCP officials. He was sentenced to three years of forced labor in 1999 and was arrested again in 2004 because he was publicly clarifying the truth about the persecution. He was sentenced to ten years in prison secretly without any of the required legal procedures.
During his detention in Shayang Prison, Mr. Chen Qiji solidly kept his faith. As punishment, he endured numerous kinds of cruel torture until his life was in danger. On February 7, 2007, the Prison Administration was worried that he might die in the prison, so they took him home at the brink of death. Mr. Chen died on April 3, 2007.
- Mr. Zheng Handong Tortured to Death in Fanjiatai Jail in Hubei Province
- Middle School Teacher Mr. Chen Qiji Tortured to Death in Shayang Prison (Hubei Province)
- In April 2007, Twenty-One Confirmed Deaths of Practitioners Due to Torture (Photos)
- Persecution Cases of Practitioners at the Fanjiatai Prison in Shayang County, Hubei Province
- Many Dafa Practitioners Abducted by Police in Hubei Province
- Persecution Against Dafa Practitioners in Hubei Province's Jingmen City (Partial Account)