The Facts of the Persecution of Falun Gong  -- July 4, 2005

Issued by Clearwisdom Net


  • Disabled Young Woman Persecuted to Death in Yunnan Province

  • Prison Guard Reveals How Falun Gong Practitioner Bi Wenming Was Tortured to Death in 30 Minutes

  • Ms. Tai Bingxiu from Songyuan City, Jilin Province Dies from Persecution

  • More Detailed Information on Mr. Cheng Jingshan, Who Was Persecuted to Death in Liaocheng County

  • The Cruel Torture Methods Used to Persecute Falun Gong Practitioners in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province

  • Recent Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners in Ningyuan County, Hunan Province

  • Information on Thirteen Practitioners in Shandong, Hebei, Heilongjiang, and Sichuan Provinces Who Died as a Result of Persecution

  • Brief News From China - June 12, 2005

  • Brief News from China - June 20, 2005

  • Summary of Other Articles and News - June 16, 2005

  • Summary of Other Articles and News - June 20, 2005

  • Disabled Young Woman Persecuted to Death in Yunnan Province

    Reference: /emh/articles/2005/1/7/56322.html

    Police from Xishan District in Kunming City arrested Falun Gong practitioner Yang Suhong from Yunnan Province, and took her to the Yunnan Provincial Women's Forced Labor Camp in November 2004. After enduring enormous mental and physical torture, the innocent 24-year-old woman passed away on June 11, 2005.

    Yang Suhong was released after prolonged torture left her emaciated and on the brink of death.

    Ms. Yang Suhong was physically handicapped. At age 24, she was only 30 inches tall and weighed 50 pounds. Ms. Yang lived in the Jishan Neighborhood, administered by the Majie Office in Xishan District.

    Yang Suhong was unfortunate since childhood. At the age of eight, she began to be attacked by various long-term diseases, including tubercular-peritonitis, leukemia, and other illnesses. Her parents took her to every well-known hospital in Kunming City. In 1998, the Kunming Tumor Hospital diagnosed her with final-stage bone cancer. The doctor said that she would live for only a few more months.

    In February 1999, when it looked like her life was over, Yang Suhong began practicing Falun Gong. As she practiced and cultivated herself according to the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," her body and mind changed dramatically. Gradually, all her illness symptoms vanished. She was finally able to throw out the box of medication that had plagued her for over ten years, and enjoy life again. The doctor who had made the terminal diagnosis was shocked, "We can't believe that you're still alive!"

    After the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, Yang Suhong stuck with her belief, and was persistent in clarifying the truth. Corrupt officials persecuted her with illegal ransacking of her home, interrogation, imprisonment, and various forms of harassment. In the face of illegal threats and deception by 610 Office personnel, the local police, and the Association for the Handicapped, Yang Suhong submitted an article to the Minghui/Clearwisdom website on June 26, 2004. She wrote, "As a handicapped person who suffered incurable illnesses, I should have received assistance from the government and society, but no one offered any help. By practicing Falun Gong, I obtained a healthy body, understood the principle of being a good person, and enlightened to the real meaning of life. I was no longer a burden to my family, and would not let them continue to pay for expensive medication on my behalf. I was no longer a burden to society. Yet, they wanted me to give up the practice of Falun Gong. Isn't that pushing me back to the painful past? Wouldn't that put my parents through that huge disaster again? This pushes me into a dead end!"

    "I am a practitioner. Our teacher Mr. Li Hongzhi taught us to put aside everyday people's concerns for fame, profit, and sentiment in order to achieve perfection. I do not desire to gain something in human society, but I am a Chinese citizen living on Chinese land, and I should have the basic physical conditions to maintain a normal life, to have the freedom to think and the freedom of belief. I can distinguish good from bad, and kindness from wickedness. I will in no way lie against my conscience, and I will never give up my faith because of heavy pressure from the authorities abusing their power."

    On November 30, 2004, police from the National Security Department in Xishan District, Kunming City deceived and arrested Yang Suhong, then took her to the Yunnan Provincial Women's Forced Labor Camp at Dabanqiao. Yang Suhong firmly refused to sign the "guarantee letter," and rejected all so-called "transformation" attempts.

    During her six months in the labor camp, Yang Suhong was forced to participate in the same hard physical labor as other prisoners. The guards did not allow her to read Falun Gong books or practice the exercises. She was tortured until she was emaciated and on the brink of death. In May 2005, Ms. Yang was finally sent home. Just over one month after her release, Yang Suhong passed away on the afternoon of the Dragon Boat Festival.

    Chinese version available at

    Prison Guard Reveals How Falun Gong Practitioner Bi Wenming Was Tortured to Death in 30 Minutes

    Mr. Bi Wenming, a Falun Gong practitioner in Longxi County, Guansu Province, was tortured to death at the Dingxi Prison on September 3, 2004. He died from a brutal beating and electric shocks. The following is the statement of an official at the Dingxi Prison.

    On September 3, 2004, the guards of the Fourth Division at Dingxi Prison brought Mr. Bi Wenming into a room and tied his limbs and neck onto a homemade tiger bench. Beginning at noon, five or six guards took turns shocking Mr. Bi's limbs and head with electric batons.

    Each time the guards shocked Mr. Bi, he twitched painfully again and again. They started the next round of electric shocks before he recovered from the previous one. At first, Mr. Bi gritted his teeth in pain and endured the torture in silence, but after about ten minutes of torture, he could not hold back his voice. He shouted in agony with each round of shocks.

    In order to keep other prisoners who were working outside from hearing, the guards covered Mr. Bi Wenming's mouth with a towel and pressed the towel down with their hands so that he could not shout. Mr. Bi could not breathe and tried to shake his head to throw off the towel. However, his limbs and neck were tied and he could not move. The more he struggled, the harder the guards pressed. Mr. Bi gradually stopped struggling and breathed with difficulty in the gap of the towel.

    After the guards saw that Mr. Bi had stopped shouting, they loosened their hands. They again took turns shocking Mr. Bi's exposed hands, feet and face. By about 12:30 p.m., Mr. Bi Wenming's face turned dark and his eyes opened wide. He had stopped breathing.

    A 36-year-old man was tortured to death in less than 30 minutes by the guards of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). It was written on the death notice to his family that Mr. Bi Wenming committed suicide because he practiced Falun Gong. What a shameless lie!

    However, as a guard in the prison, although I knew the truth, I dared not speak out. It was to protect my family, as I still live here. Now, I am speaking the truth. I hope that everyone will learn the truth and not simply believe the CCP's propaganda.

    For more reports about Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Bi Wenming, please refer to:

    A Family Tragedy: Mr. Bi Wenming is Tortured to Death, His Parents-in-law Die from the Stress of Relentless Persecution

    Remembering Bi Wenming, a Falun Gong Practitioner in Gansu Province

    Chinese version available at

    Ms. Tai Bingxiu from Songyuan City, Jilin Province Dies from Persecution

    Ms. Tai Bingxiu, a Falun Gong practitioner from Songyuan City, Jilin Province, was 60 years old. She began practicing Falun Gong in 1997. Before practicing, she had many sicknesses and was very weak. Her sicknesses were quickly eliminated soon after she took up the practice. Although she had never learned to read, she quickly learned to read Zhuan Falun and other Falun Gong books because of her solid faith in Teacher and Falun Gong.

    On the morning of June 24, 2001, Ms. Tai picked up a banner with the words, "Truth, Compassion, Forbearance" on her way to a relative's house. She attached the banner to a wall, and was seen by the deputy director of the local police substation, who was following her. Ms. Tai was deceived into going to the police station and was detained there for 15 days.

    Soon thereafter, the police ransacked her home three times, confiscated all her Falun Gong books, and extorted more than one thousand yuan from her. She was forced to write a guarantee statement and was threatened with further torment. These actions severely damaged her health. After Ms. Tai was released, police continued to harass her, forced her to take a police photo, and took her fingerprints. Ms. Tai couldn't eat or sleep well, and became very thin. She passed out in her yard, and was found by her family members. When the ambulance came, she was suffering a heart attack. She passed away on November 2, 2001.

    Ms. Tai's neighbors, Ms. Zhang Xiuhua and Ms. Sang (both in their 60's), changed the clothes on her body after death. They saw that Ms. Tai did not have any wounds or injuries, and that only her three front teeth (all false) were loose, perhaps caused by clenching her teeth in pain. After her body was cremated on the third day, local journalists forced the two of them to say that Ms. Tai had died from jumping from a building. At the time, many fellow practitioners believed that this was what happened. Hopefully those who have been deceived will clarify the truth after reading this article and make up for the loss.

    Chinese version available at

    More Detailed Information on Mr. Cheng Jingshan, Who Was Persecuted to Death in Liaocheng County

    Clearwisdom reported that Mr. Cheng Jingshan, a Falun Gong practitioner in Luancheng County, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province, was persecuted to death on January 11, 2005. The following are further details on how he was tortured to death.

    Mr. Cheng Jingshan, 64 years old and single, was a villager from Guyi Village in Liulintun Town, Luancheng County, Shijiazhuang City. Before he practiced Falun Gong, he suffered from atrophic gastritis and gastric hemorrhages for many years. He lived with severe pain. He also suffered from sciatica and arthritis. He looked for treatments, but they were not effective at all. As a result of the severe pain, he thought of leaving this world. In 1995 Mr. Cheng started practicing Falun Gong and trying to be consistent with the principle of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." The diseases quickly disappeared. He understood the meaning of life through the practice of Falun Gong. People in the village all know that Cheng Jingshan was an honest and kind-hearted man.

    Mr. Cheng did not want to give up Falun Gong, the practice that had given him a second life. He was tortured many times by the authorities after the persecution started. On July 23, 1999, county police officers arrested him and brutally beat him. They forced him to write a letter denouncing Falun Gong, and confiscated all his Falun Gong books and tapes. Mr. Cheng went to Beijing to appeal for justice on December 8, 1999. He was arrested and sent to the detention center, where he was locked up for over four months. After that, Mr. Cheng was never left in peace. He was locked up in a prison established by the Liutun County Government in a senior center. There was one room on the east side and another room on the west side, with iron gates, iron windows and iron bars. There were three gates between his room and the entrance.

    Mr. Cheng Jingshan wrote down how he was persecuted: "Since I objected to the incessant detentions, I was brutally beaten at least three times in 10 days beginning in early August 2000. Zhao Huagui, the principal of the senior center, beat me first. He filled a plastic tube with sand and hit my head several times with it. Mr. Li from the County Land Administration injured my left knee. My leg swelled, and it was difficult for me to walk. He also used a thick bamboo broom with two sharp sticks sticking out to jab me under my arms.

    "The second beating was administered by Zhang Xiangdong and Chen Lili. They brutally beat me and used the soles of their shoes to hit my head. The third beating was by Li, who jabbed my back with the sharp sticks on a broom. I did not have any shirt on, and my back was full of gashes. The assistant Party Secretary forced me to run 100 laps around the senior center. On September 27, Li illegally interrogated me himself and broke my leg for the second time. I was sent home at the end of May 2001. On July 10, 2001, the police from the county police station illegally searched my home and took me to the county detention center. On September 18, I was sent to the Shijiazhuang Labor Education Center for three years of labor re-education."

    On April 8, 2004, Mr. Cheng was again locked up in the county detention center for telling people the truth about Falun Gong. He was brutally beaten by the criminals there. On May 9, when he was in critical condition, Mr. Cheng's family was notified to take him home. But even still, the 610 Office and the County Public Security Bureau did not leave him alone. Right before he passed away, they still continued to send people to harass Mr. Cheng. Under extreme physical and spiritual pressures, Mr. Cheng Jingshan died on January 11, 2005.

    Chinese version available at

    The Cruel Torture Methods Used to Persecute Falun Gong Practitioners in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province

    1. "Five Horses Separate the Dead Body"

    For this torture method, the Falun Gong practitioners' hands are separated and tied to two opposite bunk beds. Once the hands are tied, the beds are pulled apart. This is extremely painful, as all the major organs are subjected to great pressure, causing unimaginable suffering. The victims of such torture have a feeling of being torn apart (usually practitioners who are being tortured in such a way will shake uncontrollably while letting out heart-wrenching screams). The Falun Gong practitioner's skin and flesh around the back will be ripped open, and the bloody sight is horrendous to see. Policeman Yao Fuchang, together with other hoodlums, wickedly asked a practitioner being subjected to such torture, "Let's see if you still say Falun Dafa is  good?" while simultaneously beating and shocking the practitioner with extremely high-voltage electric batons.

    Figure 1. Torture demonstration: "Five Horses Separate the Dead Body"


    In this torture, the police will hang up the practitioner, often with a rope attached to a chain link located between the metal handcuffs. While the practitioner is hanging, the officer may use a high-voltage electric baton to repeatedly shock the practitioner's scalp, lips, neck, genitals and other sensitive parts of the body. Both of the practitioner's arms will be extremely painful from the hanging. The parts that are burnt by the current of the electric batons either become numb or in extreme pain, having the same sensation as a third-degree burn. The high voltage also causes the victim's heart to palpitate. If the practitioner refuses to renounce his practice of Falun Gong, they will pour water onto the practitioner so as to intensify the electric current and then continue to shock him or her. Such treatments can last for seven to eight hours. The Falun Gong practitioner's arms will turn black and purple from being tied, and the handcuffs will usually cut into the wrists, which is also extremely painful (see Figure 2).

    Figure 2. Torture demonstration: Hanging

    2. Hanging Up with the Arms Behind the Back

    For this torture method, the police handcuff both the practitioner's hands behind their backs, then they tie a piece of rope onto the chain separating the two handcuffs, and hang the practitioner to the heating pipe (which is about 3 meters above the ground). The practitioner's arms are thus pulled straight up from behind the back. This forces the shoulder blades together, severely damaging all the muscles around the shoulders and upper back, as the shoulders are literally pushed into the body due to the entire weight of the body being concentrated onto the shoulders and wrists. This method of torture is so painful that both the arms and shoulders feel like they are being ripped apart. Not only are the shoulder and arms subjected to intense pain, but the handcuffs cut into the flesh around the wrists, causing them to feel like they are slowly being cut off as well. A fiery pain runs from the fingers to the shoulders and soon the arms will turn black and purple. The degree of pain from this torture is unimaginable. The practitioner's arms will be numb for seven to eight months afterwards and the shoulders will not function normally for over two years. While enduring the physical pain of this torture, the police also barrage the practitioner with insults. They use vulgar language while laughing loudly upon seeing the practitioners suffer from such cruel torture (see Figure 3).

    Figure 3. Torture demonstration: Hanging Up with the Arms Behind the Back

    Figure 4. The scar on this Falun Gong practitioner's leg was caused by the persecution at Wanjia Forced Labor Camp.

    Chinese version available at

    Recent Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners in Ningyuan County, Hunan Province

    Recently, the Ningyuan County police, led by Police Department Director and State Security Group Chief Zhang Luo, along with the County 610 Office Director Zhou Yaoming, unlawfully searched a dozen local practitioners' homes and arrested three elderly practitioners. At present, we don't have any information about two of the practitioners' situations after their arrests.

    During the illegal search, 51-year-old practitioner Ms. Tan Cuiying advised the county policemen not to commit such wrongdoings. But Zhou Yaoming and the other policemen clutched her throat violently and choking her, causing her to temporarily lose control of her bowels. Seeing that Ms. Tan was near the brink of death from being choked, the policemen stopped their persecution and fled. However, around 9:00 p.m. on May 24, 2005, the police returned and took Ms. Tan Cuiying, her 57-year-old husband, and fellow practitioner Mr. O Yicheng to the State Security Group, where they are still being detained. This is not the first time that Ms. Tan and Mr. O have been detained. Mr. O was detained in Xinkaipu Labor Camp in Hunan Province in 2001, and Ms. Tan was imprisoned in the Hunan Province Female Prison in 2002.

    The policemen are even so ruthless as to not let off disabled practitioners. Ms. Chen Xiaoling has joint deformity in her hands and feet, leaving her unable to care for herself without assistance. Because she would not give up her righteous faith in Falun Gong, her home has been unlawfully searched several times by the police, and earlier this year, in May, she was deprived of her retirement salary, which is her only source of income.

    The evil policemen have adopted all kinds of torture and punishment methods, including slapping practitioners in the face, physical torture, brainwashing, sleep deprivation, reduced wages and imprisonment.

    It was the 610 Office and the State Security Group of Ningyuan County that launched this round of persecution, following the nationwide arrest order deployed by Jiang's regime. The Ningyuan County 610 Office and State Security Group have long been actively persecuting Falun Gong without regard for human life, the law or human rights. They have illegally confiscated practitioners' personal belongings, including Falun Gong books, photos of Teacher, truth-clarifying materials, among other items. They have also secretly arrested practitioners late at night in order to terrorize and harass practitioners' families.

    The following is the contact information of the responsible persons:

    Zhang Luo, County Police Department Director: 86-746-7223015 (Office), 86-13974689715 (Cell phone)

    Jiang Wenwang, Police Department Assistant Director: 86-746-7222878 (O), 86-13707466831 (C)

    Zhou Yaoming, 610 Office Director: 86-746-7229610 (O), 86-746-7222103 (H), 86-13974642549 (C)

    Le Yongzhen, 610 Office Assistant Director: 86-746-7229610 (O), 86-746-7223688 (H), 86-13974649800 (C)

    Liu Yunfei, State Security Group Chief: 86-746-7223539 (O), 86-746-7232703 (H), 86-13874385880 (C)

    Li Maojun, State Security Group Political Directior: 86-746-7223539 (O), 86-746-7233059 (H), 86-13874386429 (C)

    Chinese version available at

    Information on Thirteen Practitioners in Shandong, Hebei, Heilongjiang, and Sichuan Provinces Who Died as a Result of Persecution

    Mr. Huang Anwen, and his wife, Ms. Ma. Guixiang, lived in Xiangzhouliucun, Xiangzhou Town, Zhucheng City, Shandong Province. They learned Falun Gong in 1998 and gained many benefits, especially improved health. After the persecution of Falun Gong began, they were harassed frequently. They were threatened and their home was ransacked. Once, Ms. Ma was abducted and taken to the police station and handcuffed to a chair for one day and night. Due to the intense stress from the ongoing harassment, the husband and wife passed away one after the other within the two-week period between April 15 to May 1, 2003.

    Ms. Li Fengxiang, 64, was born in Wei County, Hebei Province. She and her daughter, who was the only person living with her, were illegally detained several times after the Jiang Zemin regime began persecuting Falun Gong in 1999. Ms. Li was traumatized severely as a result. In March of 2000, she and her daughter wrote a letter to the Party Secretary of Wei County demanding the release of those practitioners who had been illegally detained. The county sheriff had them arrested for it. In August 2001, the police illegally arrested Ms. Li's daughter at their home. Ms. Li tried to intervene, and was illegally arrested and taken to the police station herself. To avoid further harassment, mother and daughter stayed away from their house from the end of 2002 to the end of 2003. Ms. Li passed away on October 17, 2004.

    Mr. Kong Guiliang, 58, lived in Beixiaowu Village, Jinzhou City, Hebei Province. He learned Falun Gong in 1999. He went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on both April 25 and July 20 in 1999, and continuously distributed fliers, put up posters and told people the facts about Falun Gong. Once, he was reported by someone and hid in a wheat field overnight to avoid being captured. Suffering under the prolonged persecution, Mr. Kong died in the spring of 2003.

    Ms. Wang Xianggai, 62, lived in Team II of Zhoujiangzhuang Village, in Jinzhou City, Hebei Province. She started practicing Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, just one day before the Communist Party announced that Falun Gong was illegal and no one was allowed to practice Falun Gong. Despite the persecution, Ms. Wang persisted with her practice. She put up posters and distributed flyers, and did a lot of work to tell people the facts about Falun Gong. The police threatened her and forbade her from practicing Falun Gong. Ms. Wang died on March 7, 2005.

    Mr. Liu Dongshan, 74, was a worker at Wanxi Electrical Station in Chaling County, Hunan Province. He went to Beijing in November 2000 to appeal for Falun Gong, and was arrested and detained for two months in the Chaling County Police Department jail. After he went home, the 610 Office of Chaling County forced his son to spy on him and restrict his movements. Under the harassment of the Chaling County 610 Office, Mr. Liu passed away at 7 p.m. on June 1, 2005.

    Ms. Ji Yugui, 68, was a practitioner in Taiping District in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in November 2000. Ms. Ji passed away on April 26, 2005 under continuous persecution.

    Ms. Wang Fengyun, about 50, was a practitioner in Taiping District in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in November 2000, and was illegally arrested and jailed. Ms. Wang managed to leave the jail after staging a 66-day hunger strike. On June 10, 2001, she was arrested again because she participated in producing Falun Gong information materials. She was savagely persecuted and her health deteriorated. Later Ms. Wang was put in a forced labor camp for a year. With a greatly traumatized mind and body, she was found to have breast cancer. Wang Fengyun died on February 14, 2003, after she was released on parole.

    Mr. Du Tianyu was a practitioner in Jinhua Village, Suining County, Sichuan Province. He went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on December 25, 2000. The police arrested him and brought him back home where he was detained and persecuted for 75 days. The police kept harassing Mr. Du after his release. They arrested him eight times in total. With his mind and body greatly traumatized, Du Tianyu passed away on November 28, 2004.

    Ms. Mi Qunyu was an 83-year-old practitioner in Suining County, Sichuan Province. Her son, son-in-law, and granddaughter were all arrested many times. Ms. Mi was not able to live and practice Falun Gong normally under the constant stress, and passed away in May 2003.

    Ms. Liu Xixia, 55, was born in Gabatun Village, Dongguan Town, in Kangping County, Liaoning Province. She had lung and liver diseases before she learned Falun Gong and could not do any physical exercise. In winter, she was not even able to do chores at home. After Ms. Liu learned Falun Gong in 1998, all of her diseases went away. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in 1999, and was arrested and detained for 15 days. Later, she was illegally jailed by the local police for another 20 days and fined 3,700 yuan. Liu Xixia was greatly traumatized and got sicker and sicker. She died on January 17, 2004.

    Mr. Xu Maosheng, 72, lived in Hongqiling Town, Panshi City, Jilin Province. Mr. Xu began to practice Falun Gong in 1994. After the persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999, he felt very depressed and developed heart disease. He passed away in December 2000.

    Mr. Yang Lianfang had all of his illnesses disappear after he began to practice Falun Gong. He told others that Teacher Li gave him a second life. However, after the persecution began, he was constantly harassed, which made his old illnesses recur. Mr. Yang passed away in November 2002.

    Chinese version available at

    Brief News From China - June 12, 2005

    [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Daqing Resident An Senbiao is in Critical Condition Due to Persecution in the Suihua Forced Labor Camp

    1. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Daqing Resident An Senbiao is in Critical Condition Due to Persecution in the Suihua Forced Labor Camp

    Mr. An Senbiao, 38 years old, is from Daqing City. On March 15, 2005, he was arrested by the police and detained in Daqing City. Later, he was transferred to the Suihua Forced Labor Camp for further persecution. Since his arrest, Mr. An has been on a hunger strike for more than 100 days. He is emaciated and his life is in imminent danger. Yet the police still handcuff both of his hands behind his back for a long period of time. They initially gave Mr. An some kind of nutritional supplement injection, but have now stopped doing that and are waiting for him to die.

    Relevant telephone numbers:

    Suihua Forced Labor Camp Management:

    Xu Jiansheng: 86-13945503188 (Cell phone), 86-455-8359618
    Zhang Zhihui: 86-13704551999 (Cell), 86-455-8313718
    Meng Yan: 86-13804868771 (Cell), 86-455-8221861
    Ji Lan: 86-13359911117 (Cell), 86-455-8322498
    Zhang Zhongshan: 86-13199002602 (Cell), 86-455-8221861
    Hu Sheng: 86-13504552418 (Cell), 86-455-8221861

    Policeman Yang Bo (who is mainly responsible for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners in Heilongjiang Province): 86-13089960004 (Cell)
    Policeman Gao Zhonghai (who is the instructor of the Falun Gong Persecution Team practitioners): 86-455-8323562
    Policeman Chen Xinlong (who is a Team Leader of No. 1 Squadron): 86-455-8221587

    2. [Changping District, Beijing] Changping District Falun Gong Practitioner Meng Qingxia Illegally Sentenced

    Ms. Meng Qingxia, who was arrested by the Changping National Security Team, was illegally sentenced in the winter of 2004.

    Meng Qingxia, 33 years old, graduated from the Fashion School of Central Craft and Arts Institute. She was harassed and tortured many times by the 610 Office in Changping County, as well as police from the police bureau and the National Security Agency. Her young child, who just started school, and her ill mother-in-law both need her care.

    Relevant telephone numbers:

    Changping District Public Security Bureau: 86-10-69742041
    Juridical Department of Shahe Towns in Changping District: 86-10-80761249

    3. [Tianjin City] Chen Zhongzhi Couple Illegally Arrested by the Xiqing Bureau

    On May 20, 2005, Mr. and Mrs. Chen Zhongzhi from Tianjin City was illegally arrested by the Tianjin Xiqing Police Sub-bureau, and their whereabouts are unknown to this day.

    4. [Jinchang City, Gansu Province] Gao Jiyin and Wang Yuhong Illegally Put on Pre-Trial

    On June 3, 2005, Mr. Gao Jiyin and Ms. Wang Yuhong were put on pre-trial at Jinchang City Intermediate People's Court. When their family members questioned the authorities on why a pre-trial was held, the response was: "As long as you give us some money, and write a guarantee statement, they will be released." They would also try to persuade practitioners to renounce Falun Gong by telling them, "Don't be foolish. As long as you write the guarantees, you will be released to go home. Why don't you just do it?"

    Relevant phone numbers:

    Head of the Jinchang City Intermediate Court: 86-935-8213515
    Deputy Head of the Jinchang City Intermediate Court: 86-935-8213486, 86-935-8213647
    Political Division: 86-935-8213500, 86-935-8213863
    Director Ding at Jinchang City Intermediate Court: 86-935-8213965, 86-935-3691669

    5. [Fuyu County, Heilongjiang Province] Xi Shuqin and Xu Xuezhi Are Tortured

    In mid-May 2005, policemen from Tiedong Police Station in Fuyu County, Heilongjiang Province ransacked Ms. Xi Shuqin's home. They confiscated her Falun Gong books, and arrested her and fellow practitioners Mr. and Mrs. Xu Xuezhi.

    The police tortured Ms. Xi Shuqin by putting her on a tiger bench for one day and two nights. Zhang Hongquan from Fuyu County Tiedong Police Station grabbed Mr. Xu Xuezhi's neck and choked him. As a result, he almost stopped breathing. Mr. Xu managed to escape, but Ms. Xi is still illegally detained.

    Relevant telephone numbers:

    Director of the "610 Office" Li Xikui: 86-452-3123153 ext 134
    Deputy Director Li Tieliang: 86-452-3134601, 86-452-3120622
    Police Bureau Head Liu Wenfu: 86-452-3134601, 86-452-3120622
    General Secretary of the Political Committee: 86-452-3123286
    Deputy Director of the Police Bureau Li Hongge: 86-452-312315 ext 4104, 86-452-3124456
    National Security Team Leader Wang Xin: 86-452-312315 ext 4135, 86-452-3125262

    6. [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Practitioners Yang Yufeng and Yang Shifang are Arrested by the 610 Office

    At around 8 a.m. on June 10, 2005, a group of people from the Shouguang 610 Office in Shandong province ransacked Mr. Yang Yufeng's house and arrested him and another practitioner, Ms. Yang Shifang. They also took away Falun Gong materials and a picture of Teacher.

    7. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Haizhu District Resident Qiu Ruijuan Arrested; Her Whereabouts Unknown

    On the morning of April 28, 2005, policeman Xiao Jinnan from Zhuhai District Nanshitou Police Station teamed up with Wen Chunlan and her subordinates to arrest Ms. Qiu Ruijuan from Zhuhai District, Guangzhou City. Ms. Qiu Ruijuan's home was also ransacked. No one knows of her whereabouts.

    8. [Tianjin City] Yin Jinhua and Others Arrested

    In mid-May of 2005, Li Chunyun from the Xinguang Police Station, Han Yong from the National Security Division of Tanggu Bureau and others ransacked the homes of Mr. Yin Jinhua, Wu Qi, Ms. Zhang Xiaoe and Mr. Chen Ping. Currently, all four practitioners are detained in the Zhaojiadi Detention Center.

    Relevant telephone numbers:

    Policeman Li Chunyu: 86-22-65770172, 86-22-257843210
    National Security Division Han Yong: 86-22-65770170

    9. [Hubei Province] Policemen from Xishui Police Station Tortured Shi Sanjun's Family

    At about 8 p.m. on June 9, 2005, more than 20 policemen from Xishui Police Station broke into Mr. Shi Sanjun's home while carrying electric batons in their hands. Then, they illegally arrested him. Both Mr. Shi and his wife (who is also a Falun Gong practitioner) opposed the forced entry, but were beaten as a result. Even their 15-year-old son was beaten because he said a few word in protest.

    Relevant telephone numbers:

    Chief Procurator of Xishui County People's Procuratorate in Hubei Province: 86-713-4235521
    Appealing Division in Procuratorate: 86-713-4235520
    Law and Discipline Division in Procuratorate: 86-713-4235527
    Reporting Center: 86-713-4232000
    Supervision on Trial of Hubei Province Xishui People's Court: 86-713-4238074
    Office of the Head of Xishui Police Station: 86-713-4234206
    Huang Haijun, Vice President of Xishui Police Station in charge of torturing Falun Gong practitioners: 86-713-4262510

    10. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Liu Guishuang Disabled and Arrested from Daoli District, Harbin City

    Daoli District resident Mr. Liu Guishuang is disabled. On June 11, 2005, he was arrested while handing out truth-clarification materials on a bridge.

    11. [Wen County, Henan Province] Chen Aiye and Others Arrested

    On February 23, 2005, Ms. Chen Aiye and Ms. Wang Erping from Wen County, Henan Province were reported to the police when they were handing out truth-clarification materials. Both were arrested the next day on the 24th and have not been released to this day. In the interim, Ms. Wang was released for two days after her money was confiscated. Then she was arrested again. Wang Erping's whereabouts are unknown.

    Relevant telephone numbers:

    General Secretary of the Communist Party Committee of Xileng Village: 86-391-6432039, 86-13569130649 (Cell)
    Xubao Town Police Station: 394-6433110
    Wen County Detention Center: 391-6102944

    12. [Deyang City, Sichuan Province] Policemen from Shengyang District Arrest Liu Kaixu

    On the morning of June 6, 2005, Feng Qi from the National Security Division of Shengyang District Police Bureau of Deyang City along with people from the 610 Office in Jinshan Police Station, staked themselves out near the Fire Resistance Factory residence area, and arrested Ms. Liu Kaixu. Ms. Liu, over 50 years old, was buying food. She was taken to Donghushan Park Brainwashing Center in Deyang City. It is known that at least three Falun Gong practitioners are being illegally detained at the brainwashing center.

    13. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Lai Chunlian from Yinermen Village, Qingyuan County Is Arrested

    On June 4, 2005, Ms. Lai Chulain from Yingermen Village, Qingyuan County, Fushun City was arrested on her way home by policemen.

    14. [Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Four Falun Gong Practitioners from Renhe District Illegally Sent to a Forced Labor Camp

    On April 19, 2005, police from the National Security Team and police officers from the Renhe District Police Station arrested Ms. Ran Longzhen (53 years old, a resident of Shangtianbei Team, in Tianbei Village, Renhe District), Ms. Ju Junzhen (54 years old, a resident of Pangang residential area, Renhe District), Mr. Jiang Guangfu (62 years old, a resident of Shabei Group, Dalongtan Village, Renhe District). The three practitioners were clarifying the truth about Falun Gong in Dalongtan Village, Renhe District.

    Ms. Ran was humiliated and physically tortured by the police, which caused her life to be in imminent danger. Her family took her home after she was given a release by the doctor from the Wanyaoshu Detention Center. Mr. Jiang was sentenced to two years of forced labor, and Ms. Ju Sunzhen was sentenced to four years of forced labor.

    On April 6, 2005, the National Security Team of Renhe District Police Station arrested Renhe District residents Ms. Ran Qingying and Ms. Wu Xiulan while they were clarifying the truth at Yanshen Mountain in Renhe District, Panzhihua District. Their homes were also ransacked. Ms. Ran was sentenced to one and a half years in a forced labor camp, and Ms. Wu was sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp.

    Chinese version available at

    Brief News from China - June 20, 2005

    1. [Mulan County, Heilongjiang Province] Local Police Search and Extort Money from Practitioners Again

    During the early morning of June 6, 2005, police officers Chen Bin, Wang Zhihua, Liu Jingbo and Sun Changli from the National Security Section of the Mulan County Police Department arrested two local Falun Gong practitioners.

    Policemen Wang Zhihua and Liu Jingbo broke into the homes of practitioners Zheng Li and Ding Yanhong, took them back to the National Security Section, and extorted money from their families. They forced Zheng Li's family to pay 1,200 yuan and then released Zheng. They attempted to extort 2,000 yuan from Ding Yanhong's family, too, but Ding didn't cooperate. Policemen Wang Zhihua, Liu Jingpo, and others threatened Ding and then transferred Ding into the Mulan County No.2 Detention Center without documentation, even though Ding Yanhong was extremely weak. Ding went on a hunger strike. Three days later policemen Wang Zhihua and Liu Jingbo notified the family to pick Ding Yanhong up. They extorted the 300 yuan from the family, although they are extremely poor. After getting the money, they released Ding Yanhong, who was in bad health.

    2. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Police Entrap and Arrest the Mr. Yang Yunji and His Wife

    Practitioner Mr. Yang Yunji, in his 70s and a senior engineer from the Sichuan Province Construction Machinery Factory, is the former director of the Research Institute in the factory. His wife, Ms. Guo Wenjuan, 67, is a retired employee from the Science and Technology Information Center of the factory. They appealed to the People' Congress because their pensions were reduced for practicing Falun Gong.

    On May 25, 2005, someone came to their home at the Yangliu Village Community in the Northern Chengdu City Railway Station area and stated that a congressman wanted to talk with them. The couple thought this would have to do with the issue of reducing their pensions. Personnel from the Jinniu District Public Safety Office, however, detained them and put them into separate rooms. The couple has not been released yet. They went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention.

    We have heard that some practitioners have been held there over six months.

    3. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Liu Yunlong Arrested for Distributing Falun Gong Truth-Clarifying Materials

    After 8:00 p.m. on June 17, 2005, personnel from the Economic Development District Police Station in Daqing City arrested practitioner Mr. Liu Yunlong, an employee from the Bayi Agricultural College. The arrest happened when Mr. Liu was distributing Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials. His wife, Ms. Han Wei, and his older sister were arrested on June 18. Further details are under investigation.

    4. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Three Practitioners Abducted and Taken to the Etouwan Brainwashing Class

    We have found out that practitioners Yao Yanping, Xiao Yingxue and Hu Huimin were arrested again in early June and put into the notorious Etouwan Brainwashing Class. The brainwashing class authorities have already tortured practitioner Zha Ranqing to death. Brainwashing class authorities have hung practitioners up by their handcuffs, beaten them, exposed them to the sun for long periods of time, forced them to stand or kneel down for long stretches, deprived them of sleep for over ten days at a time, and tortured them with other excruciating methods. As a result, some practitioners were severely injured and became disabled.

    5. [Jingzhou City, Hubei Province] Wang Fang Transferred to Another Detention Facility

    Practitioner Wang Fang from Jingzhou City was arrested at the Dongwan for clarifying the truth of Falun Gong. Personnel from Jingzhou City's 610 Office put Wang into the Sha City No.1 Detention Center. Wang Fang's family went to the No.1 Section of the Sha City Police Department to ask for Wang's detention information on May 9, 2005, but policemen Chen Jinhua and Li Zhigang refused their request for a visit. On June 3 Wang Fang was transferred to some other facility for further detention. Wang's whereabouts are currently unknown.

    Policemen from the No.1 Section ordered Wang's family to pay a 10,000-yuan penalty. If they don't pay, Wang will be sentenced to one year of forced labor.

    6. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Tian Guiying Arrested and Sent to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for Clarifying the Truth of Falun Gong

    Personnel from the East Chaoyang Road Police Station arrested practitioner Ms. Tian Guiying from Changchun City when she clarified the truth of Falun Gong. Ms. Tian was sent to the Teibei Detention Center. During her first month of detention, police did not notify her family. They told Ms. Tian's family later, after they had transferred her to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. Now Ms. Tian is on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention.

    7. [Jiaozhou City, Shandong Province] Police Ransack the Home of Practitioner Huang Peili and His Wife Mu Xiaoying

    During the morning of June 13, 2005, four policemen including, Wang Wenlong and Zhang Zhonghua from the Jiaozhou City Anti-[slanderous term omitted] Office, broke into the home of practitioners Mr. Huang Peili and Ms. Mu Xiaoying. They searched for information in the couple's computer on the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party. Though they found nothing about Falun Gong or the Nine Commentaries, they confiscated the computer, a printer, and a plastic laminating machine. They also took the couple to the Fu'an Police Station and put them into detention for seven hours.

    Song Shoujian, a city Anti-[slanderous term omitted] Office section chief, participated in the persecution

    8. [Dayi County, Sichuan Province] Several Practitioners Sentenced to Imprisonment

    Practitioners Li Fuquan, Yang Xiuli, Yu Shihua, Chen Sufen, Yu Shuangrong, Ju Xiuzhen, Long Huaqiong, Liu Kequn, and Song Xiuying were sentenced to terms ranging from three to seven years of imprisonment.

    Wu Chengbin, Chief Judge of Dayi County Prosecutor Department
    Zuo Xueqing, a judge
    Liu Xiaonan, secretary

    9. [Shahe City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Ms. Zhang Caixia Transferred to the Shijiazhuang City No. 2 Prison

    After practitioner Ms. Zhang Caixia from Shahe City walked out of a detention center in 2004, in February 2005 she was arrested again in Handan City. She was subsequently placed in the Shijiazhuang City No. 2 Prison for eight years of imprisonment.

    10. [Nenjiang County, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Ms. Li Caiying Tortured in the Heilongjiang Province Women's Prison

    Practitioner Ms. Li Caiying, an employee at the Qixingpao Farm in Nenjiang County, was arrested on July 2, 2002. Between July 22 and August 2003, Ms. Li was twice shocked with an electric baton in Heilongjiang Province Women's Prison. Between March 9 and September 5, 2003, she was handcuffed and forced to stand straight for a whole night. In August 2003, she was beaten with a bamboo stick, kicked, deprived of sleep, and forced to sit on the cold concrete floor.

    In March 2003, policemen and prisoners stripped Ms. Li of her clothes, and prisoner Zhu Yuhong sat on her. In August 2003 she was force-fed several times. The police once left a force-feeding tube inserted in Ms. Li's nose for 26 days.

    Participants in Ms. Li's torture:

    Policemen: Zheng Jie, Zhang Chunhua, Xiaolin, Huang Jing, Wang Liang, Chu Shuhua, Liu Zhiqiang
    Prisoners: Wang Fengchun (released), Zhu Yuhong (released), Li Guihong (released), Zhao Yan (released), Song Libo, Zhao Yanhua, Huang He, Li Guichun

    Address of Harbin City Women's Prison:

    387 Xuefu Road, Hanangang District
    Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province
    China 150069

    Xu Longjiang, director: 86-451-86359454
    Liu Zhiqiang, deputy director: 86-451-86359322

    Chinese version available at
    Summary of Other Articles and News - June 16, 2005

    1. Associate Professor Mr. Yang Xianguo from Hunan Province Normal University Abducted by 610 Office

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Yang Xianguo from Changsha City, Hunan Province, 43 years old, is an Associate Professor at Hunan Normal University and employed as Library Dean. After the persecution of Falun Gong began six years ago, Mr. Yang was fired from his job, detained, beaten to unconsciousness three times when appealing in Beijing, and was forced to become homeless for four years to avoid being illegally arrested at home. On the afternoon of June 6, 2005, Changsha City 610 Office personnel directed the West District Government 610 Office and the Hunan Normal University 610 Office employees to lure Mr. Yang out of his home and abduct him. On June 10, 2005, the Hunan Normal University 610 Office notified Mr. Yang's family that his leg had been broken and that he had been sent to the Changsha City Central Hospital for treatment.

    2. Persecution Facts from the Liaoning Province Women's Prison Block

    The Liaoning Province Women's Prison Block is one of the most notorious facilities in China for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. Detained practitioners are tortured mentally and physically and are forced to do hard labor for long hours each day.

    Practitioner Ms. Fang Guiyun was tortured so brutally that her leg muscles atrophied. Prison guards beat practitioner Ms. Zhao Guifang. She went on a hunger strike to protest in April 2005 and then was force-fed in the prison hospital.

    3. Seven Practitioners Were Abducted and Are Missing in Deyang City, Sichuan Province

    On June 3, 2005, practitioner Mr. Wu Huizhen from Deyang City was abducted and sent to the Dongshan Brainwashing Class, where he was brutally beaten by police. Also, on June 3, 2005, policemen from Yangjia Substation abducted practitioner Ms. Yan Yulan, in her 50s, at the food market she owns. On June 6, 2005, policeman Hong Qi from the Jinyang District Police Department and policemen from the Gongnong Village Substation abducted practitioner Ms. Liu Kaixue, in her 50s and a retiree from the Fire-resistant Material Factory, on her way to shop for vegetables. On June 7, 2005, practitioner Ms. Gong Xingcan, 34 years old, was abducted by Deyang City 610 Office agents and sent to the Hexin Brainwashing Class in Guanghan City. Police from the Gongnong Village Substation have been closely monitoring practitioner Mr. Xia Taiming, who is in his 50s. He is now missing. Practitioner Mr. Chen Maoya, in his 40s, was employed by a factory in Guanghan City. The factory turned him over to the 610 Office, and Mr. Chen is now missing.

    4. Hefei City 610 Office and Police in Anhui Province are Still Doing Harm

    From June 4 to 10, 2005, Hefei City 610 Office agents abducted Ms. Meiting, Ms. Xu Xiaoqing, Wang Jian (gender unknown), Mr. Ji Guangkui, Mr. Ji Guangxiong, Zhang Lanping (gender unknown), and others. More than ten practitioners were arrested. They are now locked up in a brainwashing class held in the Anhui Province Prison Police Training Center, located inside Anhui Police Academy.

    5. Jiamusi City's 224 Hospital in Heilongjiang Province and Shenyang Army Persecute Practitioner Mr. Jiang Haitao

    Mr. Jiang Haitao and Mr. Wang Jiping, both practitioners, were forced to retire from the Jiamusi City 224 Hospital in Heilongjiang Province. This was a violation of army regulations. On September 30, 2004, Mr. Wang Jiping and his wife were both arrested while passing out truth-clarifying materials. Ms. Wang Jiping escaped once but was arrested a second time and sentenced to three years of forced labor. Mr. Jiang Haitao and his wife had to abandon their home in order to avoid being illegally arrested. On February 16, 2005, the Jiamusi City Police Department, the State Security Division and the Shenyang Army Troop found out where Mr. Jiang and his wife were renting a house. They detained and later released Mr. Jiang Haitao's wife and detained Mr. Jiang Haitao in the Shenyang Army Detention Center. His former employer, the 224 Hospital, sent people to try to brainwash him.

    Summary of Other Articles and News - June 20, 2005

    How Jilin No. 2 Prison Persecutes Falun Gong Practitioners

    Jilin No. 2 Prison established a so-called "Correction Center" and used tortures, such as tying practitioners with ropes, brutal stretching, beatings, sitting on a hard bench for extended periods, and sleep deprivation in an attempt to break the spirit of the practitioners. The brutal stretching causes injuries to the victim's muscles and tendons. One can become unconscious after about 10 minutes of this torture. Mr. Hui Xuan, a practitioner from Dehui City, endured all kinds of torture at the "Correction Center." Some of his teeth were knocked out. In the end, he signed the statement denouncing Falun Gong since he could not endure the tortures any more.

    A short while ago, all wards in the prison conducted an "Intensive Group Study to Transform." They made the practitioners sit on an iron strip one meter long and 20 centimeters wide. Those who refused to cooperate were locked up in a small cell.

    Those on hunger strikes were force-fed with highly concentrated salt water. Practitioners Xin Wei, Wang Qibo, Wang Fengcai were put under "Strict Surveillance." Xin Wei's eyes have been injured and are bloodshot.

    Mrs. Kang Shuqin of Songyuan City, Jilin Province, in Critical Condition as a Result of the Persecution

    Local police from the Sanchahe Township Police Station in Fuyu County, Songyuan City, Jilin Province, abducted Mrs. Kang Shuqin, 60 years old, and her husband, Yang Wancheng, who is not a practitioner, and took them to the police station on June 9, 2005, at 3 p.m. Mr. Yang Wancheng was released after two hours.

    Even though Mrs. Kang Shuqin had a heart attack during this incident, she was still sent to the local detention center. Police officer Guo sent Mrs. Kang to the detention center. While she was there, Guo used a book to hit her on the head. Mrs. Kang was still in critical condition in intensive care in Room 120 of the Yufu County People's Hospital as of June 16.

    Practitioners Sentenced to Forced Labor Camps When the National People's Congress and the Chinese Communist Party Central Committees Were in Session

    During the 2005 Spring Festival, practitioners in Zhongshan City, Guangdong Province, were taken away by authorities from the local National Security Bureau, the 610 Office and the police department. This was also around the time that the National People's Congress and the Chinese Communist Party Central Committees were in session. A total of nine practitioners were arrested and sentenced to forced labor camp, in addition to five who were abducted in 2004. They have all been sentenced to forced labor camps. Those that have been sentenced to one year of forced labor are: Chen Guanzuo, Li Peiqun, Li Meiqiong, and Zhang Ermei. Those sentenced to two years include: Feng Yuhui, Wang Jingping, Lu Weiwen, Yang Jinyan, Rao Yanping (rejected admission due to illness), and Chen Ru (released ahead of time due to illnesses). Chen Sigui, Zheng Shuqiong, and Huang Liande were each sentenced to three years. One practitioner was detained, but has been released.