46. Hepatitis C And Other Serious Illnesses Disappear

  Mao Fengying

  My name is Mao Fengying. I used to be a surgical nurse in a hospital affiliated with a medical institute in China. I left China in October of 1996 to visit my husband in Toronto, Canada, where I now live. I have been practicing Falun Dafa for more than four years and have experienced great changes in my body and mind. Here I would like to share my experience and tell people that Falun Dafa can really save one's life.

  While attending school in 1978, I contracted Hepatitis C. It is known to medical professionals that Hepatitis C is one of the most difficult illnesses to cure, and can easily develop into cirrhosis or liver cancer. I was haunted by the ailment for 18 years. Several major hospitals in Beijing diagnosed me as having chronic active Hepatitis C. For more than ten years, I took medicine three times a day. Despite the extended treatment, the Hepatitis C was never under control. A diagnosis in 1995 reported that I had a swollen spleen and hardening of the liver. The major symptom was consistent pain in the liver and spleen areas. It became worse whenever I caught a cold, was tired or felt depressed. I also suffered from nausea, abdominal swelling, a poor appetite, insomnia, fatigue, and a sensitivity to cold weather, which caused me to shiver. These diseases seriously affected my daily life and work. I was hospitalized many times; the longest was for six months. Although I received top medical care, the symptoms were only alleviated and my diseases were never under control. Due to the unsuccessful treatments received through the hospital, I tried many alternative methods such as qigong, incense burning, praying to Buddha, fortune telling, paper burning, and Chinese medicine. I borrowed a lot of money to see many famous doctors and specialists. Not only did the old diseases go uncured, but four new disorders also developed: serious atrophic gastritis, pyelitis, nephritis, and low blood pressure. My body was extremely weak and my legs were swollen and heavy. Taking a few steps was difficult and it was worse walking up stairs. I couldn't pick myself up to go to work anymore.

  In 1996, I took sick leave and stayed at home. I knew in my heart that there was no hope for me to be cured. One day, I asked my physician,  ̄How much time do you think I still have? I want to be mentally prepared and make some arrangements. ̄ He knew he could no longer hide it from me. He sympathized with me and said sadly,  ̄I think at least one year. ̄ I collapsed completely. My life had been bitter and tiring, but I cherished life so much even in despair. I hated the fact that I was brought into this world, and would be taken away so soon. I was extremely sad and wept a lot; I became irritable. My husband was not with me at that time, and I did not have anybody to express my feelings to. I vented my frustrations upon my father, who was over 80. At home, I often lost my temper and got angry with my child for no reason. Friends and relatives recommended that I should take it easy. How could I? Who could take it easy while dying?

  July 22, 1996, is a day I will never forget. From then on, my fate turned in a different direction. That morning I ran into an elderly lady who used to live in my neighborhood. Seeing my poor health condition, she suggested that I practice Falun Gong. She also told me that she had been free from all diseases since she had begun her practice. It was just a little light in the dark, but I wanted to give it a try.

  At six o'clock the next morning, I went to the practice site with my 9-year-old daughter, who had liver disease as well. We learned the exercises and borrowed a copy of Zhuan Falun. I opened the book at home, trying to find ways to heal my illnesses in it. The first thing I saw was Teacher Li's photo and I felt that he looked so kind and familiar. I thought the book was quite interesting, and it helped me understand the source of illnesses and the reason why my illnesses were not cured.

  After reading it, I had a thought, ̄ I want to be a genuine cultivator. ̄ The instant that thought flashed, I noticed the pain in my liver was alleviated immediately. My mouth, which had been dry for a long time, became moist. Every word in the book attracted me. I couldn't put it down and had forgotten everything about curing my diseases. The more I read it, the better I felt. That day, I read a few lectures until one o'clock the next morning.

  When I practiced the movements the next day, my body felt light and all symptoms were gone. I felt light as a breeze when I walked; I felt a push forward when I rode a bicycle. I didn't feel tired any more when walking up stairs. My daughter's illnesses disappeared as well. Later, I joined a large-scale group practice and I experienced a state that was described in the book: when I sat in meditation, everything disappeared, except for my mind and a little thought that was aware of myself practicing here.

  One month later, my daughter and I had a general physical examination: all the abnormalities had returned to normal. Those illnesses that had made us suffer for years disappeared in just two days after we started practicing Falun Dafa. What a miracle! I was very excited and bought dozens of Teacher Li's books, audio and videocassettes. My daughter and I went to visit relatives hundreds of miles away to give them the books, telling them what we experienced. They soon took up practicing Falun Dafa.

  My husband saw the changes when we joined him abroad and he, too, took up practicing Falun Dafa. Not only had I fully recovered, I even gave birth to a healthy baby boy in November of 1997. When they got the news, all my relatives in China found it incredible. Even now, they still think I adopted the boy. Falun Dafa brought miracles and gave me a new life.

  After all of my ailments disappeared, I thought about the supervisor at my hospital that died of liver cancer developed from Hepatitis C. I thought of my classmate who died of liver failure. If they had practiced Falun Dafa, they might have been able to live. I often thought of the patients sharing the same room with me in the hospital and thought of the days when I and other liver patients from all over China had to stand in queues 24 hours a day waiting for a famous doctor to treat us, for he only treated 20 patients a week. I had thought of going back to China to tell those fellow sufferers in the queue: It didn't cost me a cent to become completely healthy. However, I can't go back to China because of the persecution of Falun Gong. I am uneasy knowing that they are still struggling in great pain.       

  March, 2001