(Clearwisdom.net) In May 2005, a group of policemen rushed into the home of Ms. Zhao Hongying and arrested her. She had been caring for her elderly relative, Ms. Li Xiangzhi. Policemen searched the home and confiscated her personal property. Declaring that they found several video discs of a Shen Yun performance, they unlawfully sent Ms. Zhao to the Hebei Provincial Women's Forced Labor Camp and persecuted her there for a year and three months.

Less than 20 days after this happened, Ms. Li passed away on June 11.

After Ms. Li passed away, her family met with staff at the Hebei Provincial Women's Prison and asked them to allow Ms. Li's daughter, Li Xiumin, to see her mother one last time. The prison staff refused with the excuse that "Li Xiumin's mind and attitude are not stable."

Ms. Li's daughter Li Xiumin was sentenced to five years for being a Falun Gong practitioner. On May 23, 2007, Ms. Li Xiumin was forcibly taken away again by the CCP authorities. She then contracted a severe eye disorder, and suffered from facial nerve paralysis and a three-centimeter hysteromyoma developed in her body. Her health condition has continually worsened. She is now nearly blind and suffers from internal bleeding.

Li Xiumin's parents contacted almost every law firm in Shijiazhuang City to take her case, but out of fear for reprisal from the CCP, no lawyer has dared to take her case. They visited the Shijiazhuang Municipal Judicial Bureau, and a lawyer in the Legal Assistance Center told them that lawyers are not allowed to take Falun Gong cases, not even to provide legal consultation.

In order to try to rescue her daughter, Li Xiangzhi, who is almost 70 years old, met with various law enforcement organizations of the CCP's Public Security Bureau, Procuratorate, and courts. None of them would help her. In the end, the Xinhua District Court in Shijiazhuang City sentenced Li Xiumin to a term of five years and imprisoned her, despite her precarious health. She is now being held in the Hebei Provincial Women's Prison.

Ms. Li Xiangzhi had feverishly sought help for over a year with no success. On the night of July 29, 2008, she suddenly suffered from cerebral hemorrhaging and lost consciousness. After receiving emergency care at a hospital, she survived, but she could no longer take care of herself. While Li Xiumin was imprisoned, her cousin Zhao Hongying was helping to take care of Ms. Li Xiangzhi.