(Clearwisdom.net) In May 2009, Ms. Huang Haiyan, a practitioner from Guanghan City, Sichuan Province, was "illegally sentenced" to three years of imprisonment by the Xindu District People's Court in Chengdu City. After more than seven months of imprisonment, her mother was finally able to visit her at the Simaqiao Detention Center.

Huang Haiyan is a villager from Guangxing Town in Guanghan City. She is in her mid-30s and very kind, but she has suffered from many diseases. Before cultivating in Dafa, she often passed out due to her sickness, and this would happen two or three times every year. She suffered from windpipe inflammation and serious gynecological diseases. She tried both Eastern and Western medicine, but none of them worked. In January 2004, she was introduced to Falun Gong. In less than 6 months, all her health problems disappeared, and for the first time in a long time, she experienced what it was like to live disease-free. In the past, she had problems with her mother-in-law. After cultivating and following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, their relationship improved. Both Ms. Huang and her two daughters benefited tremendously from Dafa. Seeing their changes, her husband was also very respectful of Dafa.

Ms. Huang runs a children's clothing shop in Guangxing Town. She would clarify the truth about Falun Gong to all her customers. She also travels to nearby towns and villages to clarify the truth behind the persecution, hoping that more sentient beings can be freed from the Chinese Communist Party's lies and be saved by Dafa.

On August 22, 2008, she was reported to the authorities while she was clarifying the facts in nearby Nanxing Town, and was illegally arrested by police from the Nanxing Town Public Security Bureau, who were led by Jiang Tianxing. She spent the next fifteen days in the local detention center. In November 2008, she traveled to Jundun Town to explain the facts and distribute copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party, but was reported by Zhao Yuanping from the Jundun Town's Big Team's Fifth Team and arrested by the Jundun Town Public Security Bureau, who were led by Cheng Enhua. She was imprisoned at the Simaqiao Detention Center. Jiang Tianxing, chief of the Nanxing Town Public Security Bureau, directed all his anger towards Ms. Huang. Jiang came to Jundun personally to prepare "criminal evidence" against Ms. Huang, resulting in her being further detained. The police at the Jundun Public Security Bureau told this directly to Ms. Huang's family.

Ms. Huang's arrest brought huge pain and loss to her family. Her children's clothing store was closed and her two young daughters were grief-stricken. Her husband, who works in Chengdu, has to come back early everyday to take care of the children, while every day he goes to the police station to demand his wife's release. Hearing about her mother's arrest, Ms. Huang's elder daughter injured her legs. Ms. Huang's 60-year-old mother has to wake up very early to take care of her bedridden mother (Ms. Huang's grandmother). From preparing medicine and meals for the entire family, her workload instantly increased dramatically. When she was able to, she would ride her tricycle, which she had recently learned how to do, to the police station to demand her daughter's release. Once, due to inexperience, she fell off the tricycle and injured half of her face. It took a long time for her to recover. Throughout this time, Ms. Huang's grandmother often asked to see her granddaughter, and Ms. Huang's father could only cry silently for his daughter. In trying to reassure her mother and husband, and demand her daughter's release, Ms. Huang's mother tried many times to secure her daughter's release, but the CCP authorities just would not listen. Instead, they replied with sarcasm and threats and even chased her out the door.

Ms. Huang's mother went everywhere trying to clarify the truth of the persecution of the policemen. Later, after the case was transferred to the Procuratorate and the courts, she went there to clarify the truth as well. Some of them were able to realize the goodness of Falun Gong. However, they told her that in order to keep their jobs, they had to follow their superiors' orders and did not dare to release her. In the end, Ms. Huang was sentenced to three years of imprisonment.