(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Mr. Fei Mingyan, about 38 years old, was from Jingguan Village in Beipei District, Chongqing City. He had been persecuted for many years and was forced to stay away from home. He returned to Chongqing to work at a factory in Qingmuguan in early 2008, but on March 18, he was arrested by officers from the Beipei District 610 Office. He was then sentenced to six years in prison and imprisoned in Ward Fourteen of Yongchuan Prison. While he was in the prison, Mr. Fei was severely beaten because he refused to wear the uniform for "re-education through labor," causing him to be covered in cuts and bruises. He was also forced to haul coal.

Mr. Fei had serious rheumatic heart disease when he was young. His limbs were thin, small and feeble, and he was unable to stretch his fingers easily. He could not walk well and relied on medication constantly.

Mr. Fei came into contact with and began his cultivation in Falun Dafa in 1995. His mental state and physical health both improved. He opened a shop to repair motorcycles, which provided enough income to support his two brothers' college expenses. He also invited his parents over to Chongqing City to live with him.

Since the Chinese Communist Party began its persecution of Falun Dafa in 1999, Mr. Fei's family was frequently harassed, and they lived in constant fear. In 2001, Mr. Fei was arrested and sentenced to three years of forced labor. His shop was seized by the Changan Factory, and its inventory was liquidated at a loss of over 30,000 thousand yuan.

During his detention in Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City, Mr. Fei was brutally beaten, tortured and hospitalized several times. According to family members, they had to give money or gifts to the police each time they visited him.

After being released, Mr. Fei was constantly followed and harassed. He was forced to change jobs frequently. He operated a restaurant, worked as short-term labor, and worked for the factory. In June 2007, he was arrested by the police at his rented house in Daping in Chongqing City and taken to a brainwashing center. With his righteous thoughts, he escaped the next day and went to Chengdu (a city 100 miles from Chongqing), where he stayed and worked. He was unable to have one last visit when his father passed away.