(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu Yalin is being illegally imprisoned in the No. 14 Section of Yongchuan Prison, Chongqing City. On April 1, 2009, his blood pressure shot up to dangerous levels. His family members went to the jail to request his release, but they were turned away. In the next month, Mr. Liu's condition worsened. His blood pressure often exceeded 230mmHg, and he had long periods of dizziness. Mr. Liu's limbs were numb and he showed symptoms of a stroke. He also developed asthma, and his vision blurred almost to the point of blindness. Mr. Liu's health is in critical condition.

Mr. Liu Yalin's family members are urgently asking the international community for help to secure his release.

Mr. Liu is 64 years old, from Dadukou District in Chongqing City. He retired from the Yongchuan Automobile Transportation Company in Chongqing City. He used to suffer from rheumatism, pulmonary emphysema, a weak kidney, asthma and other illnesses. Numerous years of treatment were ineffective. After he began the practice of Falun Gong in 1995, his illnesses disappeared without treatment.

After the CCP's persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, Mr. Liu went to the Appeals Bureau in Beijing to tell officials about the benefits of practicing Falun Gong. He was subsequently taken back to Chongqing City by local police and detained in drug rehabilitation centers, brainwashing centers, labor camps and other similar institutions. He suffered brutal mistreatment everywhere he went.

In 2000, Mr. Liu was detained in the Xishanping Labor Camp in Chongqing City. Because he refused to sign a guarantee statement to give up Falun Gong, the guards tied him to a tree and whipped him with belts. When he went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, the guards used a crow bar to pry his mouth open for force-feedings, severely injuring his mouth and knocking out teeth. Later on, Mr. Liu was tortured until he lost his sight and was in critical condition before his work unit obtained his release.

After Mr. Liu returned home and resumed practicing Falun Gong, his health recovered and his weight increased to around 165 pounds. He said, "Falun Gong saved my life once again."

On June 1, 2007, over ten officers from the Dadukou District Police Station suddenly arrested Mr. Liu at his home. He was later sentenced to three and a half years of imprisonment based on fabricated charges. He is still being detained in the Yongchuan Prison.

After Mr. Liu was again imprisoned, his physical condition worsened dramatically. Because his teeth have all fallen out, he can only have small portions of rice soup every day. He is malnourished and has became very skinny. Even so, the jail authorities force him to do hard labor such as lifting coal. On April 1, 2009, he was taken to the jail hospital. Mr. Liu's blood pressure had exceeded 230mmHg, and he had symptoms of a stroke, blurry vision, dizziness, numb limbs and asthma. He was unable to walk on his own.

We join Mr. Liu's family in asking the international community for help in securing his release.