(Clearwisdom.net) In April, 2009, Ms. Jiang Deying, the associate professor of Hunan Normal University, was arrested again for maintaining her belief in Falun Gong and the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance.

Professor Jiang has been detained numerous times, and her family has suffered greatly over these past ten years.

Jiang Deying's husband was tortured to death

Jiang Deying's husband, Yang Junliang, was the associate professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering at Hunan Normal University. In 1987, he suffered problems with the cavities in his spinal cord and lost control of his bowels. None of the medical treatment in the country's largest hospitals could cure him. His disease was listed as "one of those most difficult to treat". In 1997, he started practicing Falun Gong, and was miraculously cured!

In July 1999, the CCP started to persecute Falun Gong, and facing enormous pressure from the authorities, Yang Junliang and Jiang Deying never gave up their belief. However, due to the long-term persecution, Yang Junliang suffered severe torture both physically and mentally. His diseases later recurred and he passed away in January 2003.

Ms. Jiang suffered brutal torture in a forced labor camp

In December 2005, after she was followed for several hours, seven or eight policemen from the Changsha city Yuelu area public security bureau, broke into Jiang Deying's home, arrested her, and ransacked her home. She was sentenced to one and a half years in Zhuzhou City Baimalong Women's Labor Camp.

When Jiang Deying arrived at the labor camp, she was put in the "room for intense transformation", and one could hear the screams of Falun Gong practitioners being tortured in the next room. The vicious guards purposely asked her, "Did you hear that?" Then they started to punch and kick her. They drew a circle on the floor and forced her to squat down in the circle. This form of torture was called "prison within a prison". She was not allowed to stand, sleep, clean herself or use the toilet. When she started to vomit from the severe beating, the guards forced her to swallow it. They made her kneel down by pressing down on both her legs and continued to beat her, while shouting, "I will beat you to death! Are you going to write [the repentance statement] or not?" She soon developed edema, an abnormal accumulation of fluid beneath the skin, as a result of the torture. Her face was swollen, her teeth crooked and she bled from her nose and month. However, the guards did not stop. They stripped her and wrote dirty words on her body that slandered Falun Gong and Master Li Hongzhi. Then they gagged her mouth with a towel and beat her again. They pinched her hands and feet with steel needles, which made her bleed instantly. Five guards then grabbed her hand to force her to sign the prepared "transformation" statement.

People who live in the civilized world could hardly imagine such inhumane torture, nor are some willing to accept its existence. However, in present day China, the CCP has absolute power. It makes the ambiguous claims "stability is the priority" and "ensuring a harmonious society" as justification for persecuting and harming innocent and kind people.

Jiang Deying was arrested again after becoming homeless

After suffering from all kinds of torture, Jiang Deying was released and united with her daughter in 2006. She hoped to have a peaceful life. However, in April 2008, she was arrested again by officials from the Changsha city Yuelu area public security bureau. They confiscated all her cash, Falun Gong books, MP4 player and other personal items. Luckily, several hours later, Jiang Deying managed to escape. Since then, she was forced to leave home and had to go from place to place. During the Olympic Games in 2008, her home was torn down and her pension was removed.

Half a month ago, she was arrested again and as of May 8, 2009, she is still being detained.