(Clearwisdom.net) On October 24, 2006, Mr. Liu Hongwei, a Falun Gong practitioner from Jilin City, Jilin Province, was illegally arrested by the Chinese Communist Party National Security Team and the police from Changchun. He has since been detained at Jilin City Detention Center. During this period of time, the police have several times interrogated Mr. Liu and sent him to the Kouqian Brainwashing Center in Jilin City for persecution. Currently Mr. Liu has been sentenced to thirteen years and has been sent to the Gongzhuling Prison, where he was severely tortured. Mr. Liu has been tortured to the state that he can no longer walk. Whenever his family visits, he can only be brought out to see them on a chair.

From October 2006 to January 2007, Di Shigang from the Jilin City Public Security Bureau and a policeman named Liu arrested Mr. Liu Hongwei and sent him to the Police Canine Training Base in Jilin City to torture and interrogate him. The tortures used on Mr. Liu included the following:

1. "Twisting a long rope": A person is tied up with ropes. Sticks are inserted through the two ropes at the back, and the person is lifted up from the back. Ropes on the wrists and shoulder blades are tightened to the point of causing disability.

2. "Pushing the iron rod": Perpetrators roll an iron rod over the two calves of the individual's legs. As a result, the legs become numb and the person can't walk.

3."The shaking sticks": A person is forced to wear a bullet-proof vest and helmet. Police beat the person with batons all over the body and head. After such a torture session, external bruises are not visible but the internal organs and head are severely injured.

4. Force-feeding with mustard oil: Perpetrators force-feed mustard oil through the nose. As a result, the individual suffocates and passes out. The person is then fingerprinted on documents that are used are "evidence" for a mock trial.

5. Handcuffed and Hung up: The person's hands and legs are handcuffed and shackled. The person is hung up by the handcuff, and the feet are not allowed to touch the floor. The excruciating pain causes the person to pass out. This torture can last for two hours.

Other torture methods included severe beating with electric batons. Currently, Mr. Liu has been tortured to such a degree that he cannot straighten up his back or walk. He becomes breathless after saying only a few words. For interrogations he must be moved back and forth on a chair.

Mr. Liu's wife, Yu Lixin, also a Dafa practitioner, was tortured to death in 2002. Now at home, there is only his 70-year-old mother and teenaged daughter.

Persons responsible for the persecution of Liu Hongwei:
Di Shigang, National Security Team of the Jilin City Public Security Bureau
Gao Ming, Jilin City Procuratorate (Prosecution Office)
Hu Chunwei, the Criminal Court of the Chuanying District Court, Jilin City
Wang Shouyi, the Chuanying District Sub-bureau of the Jilin City Public Security Bureau (The Investigation and Interrogation Section)