(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Zhao Jun, a Falun Gong practitioner from Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province, was arrested by officers Wang Fengquan and An Wanqing from the Qiezihe Police Station during the Olympics on August 29, 2008. That night, he was tortured and forced to "confess." The next day, Bi Shuqing from the 610 Office and personnel from the police station took him to a forced labor camp.

Mr. Zhao Jun and his wife live in Dongfeng Mine in Qitaihe City. Before 1997, they operated an electric and gas welding business. In 1997, their 10-year-old son developed tuberculosis meningitis and cysticercus in his brain. They went to many hospitals for treatment, but all in vain. They spent all of their money on treatments. Due to this strain, Zhao's heart disease relapsed and he was diagnosed with anterior myocardial infarction. The family was unable to maintain their previous existence nor able to seek any more treatments.

In the autumn of 1998 somebody told Mr. Zhao about Falun Gong. He and his son then practiced according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Their illnesses disappeared less than six months after they started to practice. Falun Gong saved Zhao Jun's family. After that his whole family started to practice Falun Gong.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime started to persecute Falun Gong. Mr. Zhao went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to unfold a banner in support of Dafa. He was arrested. During the 2000 New Year, Jiang Wenfeng, the head of the Dongfeng Police Station in Qitaihe City, took Mr. Zhao to the Qitaihe Detention Center. In June 2000, Mr. Zhao went to Tiananmen Square again to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong, and Jiang Wenfeng and policeman Qin Yong took him to the Qitaihe Second Detention Center. Around September 2001, the head of the Dongfeng Police Station, Li Zhi, deceived Mr. Zhao into going to the police station and then arrested him. He was held at the Second Detention Center and later sentenced to one year of forced labor.

When Mr. Zhao was clarifying the truth on August 29, 2008, he was reported. Wang Fengquan, the head of the Qiezihe Police Station; Director An Wanqing; and policeman Liu Tao arrested him. That night, the police tortured him and tried to force him to confess. The next day, in the morning on August 29, 2008, Bi Shuqing, an officer from the 610 Office, and personnel from the police station made a decision and ordered police officer Guo Yunxue to take Mr. Zhao to a forced labor camp.

According to incomplete statistics, at least 300 Falun Gong practitioners from Qitaihe City have been subjected to forced labor or sent to prison between 1999 to 2009. Except for Mr. Zhao, the following practitioners are still detained:

Xie Youwei is a villager from Zhongxinhe Village, Zhongxinhe Township. From July 20, 1999, to 2007 he was sentenced to 3 years of forced labor twice and sentenced to 2 years of forced labor once, for a total of 8 years.

Zhang Changming was a miner. For practicing Falun Gong he was arrested by the Security Department of Xinjian Mine and the 610 Office. They took him to Xigemu Forced Labor Camp in Jiamusi City and tortured him to death.

For practicing Falun Gong, Zheng Libo was arrested by officers from the Beishan Police Station in Qitaihe City and later tortured to death by 610 Office personnel.

Ms. Ma Liqin worked in the 204 Factory. For practicing Falun Gong, she was arrested by officers from the Dongfeng Police Station and detained at the Second Detention Center. Around 2002, she was tortured, which caused bleeding in her brain and left her unable to take care of herself. She is still in a vegetative state and not even able to turn over in bed by herself.

Personnel from the Qiezihe Police Station who participated in the persecution:
Head Wang Fengquan: 86-13304679991(Cell)
Policeman Liu Tao: 86-13946547968(Cell)
Director An Wanqing: 86-13359795848(Cell)
Bi Shuqing, officer of the 610 Office
Policeman Guo Yunxue: 86-13846460457(Cell)