Additional Persecution News from China - May 8, 2009 (22 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China contains persecution accounts which took place in 16 cities and counties in 12 provinces. In this report, 19 practitioners were subjected to brutal maltreatment during their detention and at least 10 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Liu Zhiyu Arrested
- [Fusong County, Jilin Province] Ms. Sun Zhijie and Other Practitioners Arrested
- [Daan City, Jilin Province] Mr. Fan Yichang Arrested Again at a Bath Center in Da'an County
- [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Gao Chongyan Detained
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhao Zhenhua Arrested
- [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Song Chengmei Arrested Again on the Afternoon of May 9, 2009
- [Qian'an City, Hebei Province] Ms. Liang Xiusheng Detained
- [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Guirong Persecuted
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhao Hongying and Three Other Practitioners Detained
- [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Li Hong Persecuted at Xindian Forced Labor Camp, Taiyuan City
- [Jiexi County, Guangdong Province] Ms. Hong Lizhu Imprisoned
- [Leshan City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Ming Shunqiong, Ms. Zhu Mingrong, and Other Practitioners Arrested
- [Chongqing City] Ms. Ling Dan Detained at the Jiulongpo Security Detention Room and in Danger of Being Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Ms. Liu Ying Arrested
- [Sichuan Province] Ms. Zhang Yaping Arrested
- [Tianjin City] Mr. Zhang Limin in Baodi District Arrested on May 6
- [Fujian Province] Women's Forced Labor Camp Extends Practitioners' Prison Terms
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Li Guohua Taken to a Brainwashing Center
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wen Shujie's Home Ransacked by the Changyi Division of the 610 Office and Lianhua Police Station
- [Henan Province] Ms. Wang Xinmin and Ms. Baozhen Arrested by Gushi County Police
- [Fusong County, Jilin Province] Mr. Liu Jingmin Persecuted to Death
- [Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Li Jinan Persecuted
1. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Liu Zhiyu Arrested
Mr. Liu Zhiyu, 23 years old, graduated from Dalian Vocational Technology College last year. He works at Riyueming Animation Production Company in Dalian City. He was arrested at his company on April 21, 2009.
2. [Fusong County, Jilin Province] Ms. Sun Zhijie and Other Practitioners Arrested
On April 17, 2009, Ms. Sun Zhijie was arrested while she was working at the
Second Elementary School in Fusong County. She was dragged along the floor of
the Office Building over many meters and taken to a hospital. Later, her home
was ransacked. Because nothing related to Falun Gong was found, Ms. Sun was
released in the evening. On the following day Ms. Dong Jie and Ms. Lan Chunhua
from Lushuihe, Fusong County, were arrested.
At 3:00 p.m. on April 23, 2009, Ms. Sun Fengxia, Ms. Sun Chang-ping, and her brother were arrested.
Information on those involved in persecuting these practitioners:
Li Pengzhong, the secretary of the 610 Office: 86-439-6230369, 86-439-6213905, 86-13804499069
Wei Guoxiang, Head of Fusong County Public Security Bureau: 86-439-6230333, 86-15944955555
3. [Daan City, Jilin Province] Mr. Fan Yichang Arrested Again at a Bath Center in Da'an County
4. [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Gao Chongyan Detained
Ms. Gao Chongyan, 55 years old, from Benxi City was arrested by officers from the Zhanqian Police Station on May, 4 when she was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. The police confiscated her pictures of Teacher Li and Dafa books. She is "illegally detained" at the Ajialing Detention Center.
5. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhao Zhenhua Arrested
Mr. Zhao Zhenhua from Dalian City was arrested by officers from the Rixin Police Station, Xigang District, Dalian City, on May 7, 2009, when he was distributing videos of Shen Yun Performing Arts. His home was ransacked. His computer, printer, and Falun Dafa books were confiscated.
6. [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Song Chengmei Arrested Again on the Afternoon of May, 9, 2009
7. [Qian'an City, Hebei Province] Ms. Liang Xiusheng Detained
It was verified on April 29 that Ms. Liang Xiusheng is still detained in a forced labor camp on the Second Ring Road in Shijiazhuang City.
8. [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Guirong Persecuted
On July 13, 2008, Chengde City Public Security Bureau, the National Security Division, and the 610 Office city police arrested over 20 practitioners.
Ms. Wang Guirong, about 60, from Dashimiao Town was arrested. Ms. Wang's son refused to let the police take his mother. As a result, he was also arrested and held for several days before released. Ms. Wang is still at the Shuangfengsi Detention Center in Chengde City.
At the detention center, Ms. Wang refused to wear prisoner's clothes, so she was severely beaten and locked in a small cell. She lost consciousness during a violent beating with rubber sticks. Then, police tortured her with the Tiger Bench. She was secretly sentenced to an 11-year prison term. In April 2009, she was transferred to Lucheng Women's Prison in Shijiazhuang City. Her family members haven't been allowed to see her.
9. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhao Hongying and Three Other Practitioners Detained
From April 20 to April 26, 2009, Ms. Zhao Hongying, Ms. Zhao Hongyan, Ms. Lu Suyan, Ms. Wu Lei, and Ms. Wang Lan (a new practitioner) were arrested. Ms. Zhao Hongyan was released, but the four other practitioners are still being held at the Shijiazhuang City Administrative Detention Center.
10. [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Li Hong Persecuted at Xindian Forced Labor Camp, Taiyuan City
Ms. Li Hong in Taiyuan City was arrested on the morning of April 26, 2009, by officers from Yingpan Police Station in the Xiaoying District of Taiyuan City when she was distributing Falun Gong materials. She was sentenced to a one-year forced labor term to be served at Xindian Forced Labor Camp, Taiyuan City.
11. [Jiexi County, Guangdong Province] Ms. Hong Lizhu Imprisoned
Ms. Hong Lizhu, over 50 years old, in Mianhu Town, Jiexi County, is the owner of a clothing store. Ms. Hong was reported and arrested by officers from Mianhu Police Station when she was informing people about the persecution. Later, she was held at the Houshan Detention Center of Jiexi County. The police extorted tens of thousands of yuan from her family. Ms. Hong was illegally sentenced to a three-year prison term. She is held at Guangdong Women's Prison.
12. [Leshan City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Ming Shunqiong, Ms. Zhu Mingrong, and Other Practitioners Arrested
On May 5, Ms. Ming Shunqiong, in her early thirties, was riding a tricycle when suddenly someone approached her and grabbed her keys. The police from Shawan District Public Security Bureau and the Municipal Public Security Bureau arrested her, ransacked her home, and confiscated her computer, Dafa books, bank passbooks, and cash, totaling over ten thousand yuan. Ms. Ming was detained in the Zhanggongqiao Police Station on May 5. Her husband was beaten by police officers.
In the afternoon of May 5, Ms. Zhu Mingrong and another practitioner were arrested on the street corner of the Municipal Personnel Bureau by PengshanLu Police Station. Later, their homes were ransacked.
On May 5, Ms. Wang Shanzhu was arrested and her home was ransacked.
13. [Chongqing City] Ms. Ling Dan Detained at the Jiulongpo Security Detention Room and in Danger of Being Sentenced to Forced Labor
14. [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Ms. Liu Ying Arrested
On May 4, 2009, Ms. Liu Ying was arrested and her home ransacked. Ms. Liu works at the Xiaohe Mining Machinery Factory in Guiyang City.
15. [Sichuan Province] Ms. Zhang Yaping Arrested
On April 24, 2009, Ms. Zhang Yaping, over 40 years old, from the Guanghan area in Sichuan Province was arrested by Guanghan police. She is held at the Guanghan Detention Center.
16. [Tianjin City] Mr. Zhang Limin in Baodi District Arrested on May 6
17. [Fujian Province] Women's Forced Labor Camp Extends Practitioners' Prison Terms
Since January 1, 2009, Fujian Women's Forced Labor Camp has extended
practitioners prison terms in a "chain plus chain" approach, that is,
if a practitioner refuses to work for a day, her prison term will be extended
for a day. If a practitioner refuses to work for another day, her prison term
will be prolonged for another day... if a practitioner refuses to wear
prisoner's clothes, refuses to do the morning exercise drills, or refuses to
watch programs that slander Falun Dafa, her prison term will be prolonged. The
prison term can be extended as long as a year. Ms. Xue Zhaohui should have been
release in mid-April of 2009. However, because her prison term has been
extended, she is still detained.
Lin Mingyong, Lan Cuike, heads of the Education Office: 86-591-87322240
Chen Tao, Zhu Xiaobing in the Law Office: 86-83721574
18. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Li Guohua Taken to a Brainwashing Center
Mr. Li Guohua was sentenced to a seven-year prison term and held in Fanjiatai Prison, Shayang City, Hubei Province. However, Mr. Li had been transferred to the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center in the Wuchang District when Mr. Li's elderly mother and other family members went to see him on April 24, 2009.
19. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wen Shujie's Home Ransacked by the Changyi Division of the 610 Office and Lianhua Police Station
Ms. Wen Shujie was arrested at 7:30 a.m. on April 25, 2009. Her husband (not a practitioner) and a practitioner who was visiting were also arrested at 7:45 a.m. The police stole the keys from Ms. Wen's husband and ransacked her home. They confiscated a computer that had been used by Ms. Wen's child, a VCD player, a telephone and cell phones, three MP5s, about 7,000 to 8,000 yuan, and all her Dafa books. Her husband was released at 11:00 p.m., but Ms. Wen is still at Jilin City Detention Center.
20. [Henan Province] Ms. Wang Xinmin and Ms. Baozhen Arrested by Gushi County Police
In the afternoon on May 3, 2009, Ms Wang Xinmin and Ms. Baozhen in Huangchuan County rode a motorcycle to Huzu Town to pick up Falun Gong materials and were arrested by police in Gushi County. They are now in the Gushi County Detention Center.
21. [Fusong County, Jilin Province] Mr. Liu Jingmin Persecuted to Death
Mr. Liu Jingmin, 52 years old, lived in Quanyang Town, Fusong County. After the persecution began ten years ago, he was taken to a forced labor camp twice, illegally detained twice, and harassed many times. When he was detained in the forced labor camp, his kidney was injured from brutal beatings. He could not sit or walk straight and urinated blood. The local police often went to Mr. Liu's home to harass him. His illness worsened. In April of 2009, he was taken to a hospital and diagnosed with advanced uremia. He died on April 28, 2009.
22. [Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Li Jinan Persecuted
Ms. Li Jinan in Kunshan City was sentenced to a prison term and held in custody at Nanjing Prison. After she was released, the police, under the orders of the 610 Office and the National Security Division, forced Ms. Li's neighbors to monitor her. Ms. Li then fled her home and became homeless to avoid the persecution.
Meng Lingna, local police officer involved in the persecution: 86-137-73190868.