(Clearwisdom.net) Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute Falun Gong in China on July 20, 1999, the Puyang Detention Center has been specially designated to detain Falun Gong practitioners. In the past ten years, hundreds of Falun Gong practitioners have been held there. Officers from the Puyang Police Station involved in persecuting practitioners are: Wang Haizhen, Jia Tianbo, and Song Hongzhou (now at the Bureau of Labor Resources). Agents from the oil field 610 Office involved in persecuting practitioners are: Han Qing, Zhu Yanqun (a police officer), Sanghu and many more. Some of the methods of persecution employed by them are: heavy fines (fines can vary from 10,000, 20,000 to 30,000 yuan); detention in a labor camp (usually up to 3 years) and imprisonment (up to 7 years).

Many forms of torture have been used against practitioners in the detention center. These include: long hours of labor work (usually more than ten hours a day), being forced to take off their clothes and be drenched with cold water in the winter, and being forced to kneel down in the snow for very long hours. On winter nights many were forced to stand in the cold wind for the whole night and were not allowed to sleep. Guards beat practitioners with wet leather whips, and they were forced to run in the yard wearing heavy shackles until their feet bled. Practitioners were forced to kneel down in a cell and confess their 'mistakes'. One practitioner persisted in practicing the exercises and was forced to wear heavy shackles weighing over 25kg for 7 days (this is a metal chain connecting both hands and feet, so you can only move around in the squat position--normally only used on death-row prisoners). Practitioners were also not allowed to eat or use the toilet.

Other forms of torture used on practitioners are: high voltage electric shocks, beatings, and guards ordering criminals to beat practitioners. One practitioner refused to give up his belief and the guards ordered other prisoners to beat him every day and they tortured him for months. The guards also said, "If practitioners die, no one will be held responsible for their death."

Once, a practitioner protested the persecution by going on a hunger strike. As a result, guards force-fed him. They inserted a thick plastic tube through his nostrils and into his stomach. When the practitioner coughed up blood, the guards did not stop and even poured tap water into his stomach.

There are many such examples of the complete disregard for human life at the Puyang Detention Center. In the detention center, the guards often curse, beat and kick people. Once, a prisoner ran a high fever and needed some medicine. The guards walked in the cell, slapped the prisoner in the face and said, "That's for interrupting my sleep! Don't call me unless your fever is higher than 40 degrees."

The guards also steal from detainees, confiscating money sent by their families.

The above is only a part of the evildoings that have been exposed.

Puyang Detention Center