Mr. Ma Xicheng from Yilan County, Heilongjiang Province Persecuted to Death

Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province is one of the most notorious forced labor camps in China. Many practitioners have been tortured, disabled and or even killed in there. One year of detention in the forced labor camp left practitioner Ma Xicheng emaciated and disease-ridden. On December 14, 2008, Ma Xicheng passed away.

Ma Xicheng, 58, lived at Chaoyang Village, Yilan County, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. Before practicing Falun Gong, Ma Xicheng suffered from severe tracheitis and phlebitis. He began practicing Falun Gong in 1998, and his diseases were soon healed.

When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Gong in July 1999, Ma Xicheng went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. He was arrested and sentenced to one year of forced labor. In October 2001, Ma Xicheng and his wife were both arrested while they were distributing truth-clarification materials. In December 2001, Ma Xicheng and his wife were both sentenced to two years of forced labor. Mr. Ma was sent to Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp, while his wife was sent to Wanjia Forced Labor Camp. Ma's 80-year-old mother-in-law with three grandchildren are left alone at home and lead a very difficult life.

On July 4, 2006, policeman Lin Zhong from Dongcheng Police Station in Yilan County arrested the couple while they were distributing truth-clarification materials at Yilan County. The police later released his wife after the family, including the 80-year-old mother-in-law, went to protest the police's actions. While Ma Xicheng was detained at the Second Detention Center of Yilan County, the guards brutally force-fed him. Later the police sent Ma Xicheng to the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp for two years. At that point, Ma Xicheng was already very weak from torture and abuse suffered at the detention center.

On February 20, 2007, the family went to Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp to visit Ma Xicheng, and policeman Yang Jinshan asked the family to fill out a form denigrating Falun Dafa. The family refused to do it, and their visit request was denied.

In February 2008, Ma Xicheng became very fragile due to the persecution in the labor camp and was diagnosed with tubercular pleurisy. Under strong condemnation from his family and overseas practitioners, the labor camp released Ma Xicheng on March 1. Ma Xicheng was emaciated, had lost his hearing, and was unable to take care of himself. He could eat only very small portions of food. On December 14, 2008, Ma Xicheng passed away.

Ms. Wei Guirong from Weifang City, Shandong Province Persecuted to Death

Over the years of persecution, Ms. Wei Guirong suffered tremendously both mentally and physically. In the winter of 2006, she was diagnosed with cervical cancer, later developing into bone cancer. On March 22, 2008, she passed away at the age of 54.

Ms. Wei Guirong was a volunteer assistant at Hanting District of Weifang City, Shandong Province. She did accounting work at the Third Fabric Machinery Factory. After she began to practice Falun Gong in March 1996, she became completely healthy. She followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in her daily life and earned a very good reputation among her co-workers.

At around 8 a.m on July 20, 1999, under the direction of the 610 Office of the Politics and Law Committee of Hanting District, the Public Security Bureau assisted all the workplaces to secretly arrest the volunteer assistants in Hanting District. Ms. Wei Guirong and other practitioners were secretly detained in a remote town for 11 days. Chinese Communist Party personnel tried to force them to write guarantee letters to stop practicing Falun Gong, ransacked their homes, confiscated all their materials related to Falun Gong and fined them very heavily. Moreover, the practitioners had to pay for "lodging and food" at the detention center.

Starting in July 1999, Ms. Wei Guirong suffered from multiple rounds of persecution. Her home was ransacked many times. Her workplace placed her under detention, and she was detained at Hanting Detention Center on two separate occasions. Once she was sent to the Detention House of Hanting and suffered from the Death Bed torture and forced-feeding. The guards also kneed her in her private areas.