(Clearwisdom.net) In 2008, the Panjin City Prison authorities tortured Mr. Lu Guanglin, from Qingyuan County, Fushun City, Liaoning Province, until he suffered a mental collapse and could no long take care of himself. The prison authorities did not want to be held responsible for Mr. Lu's condition and so tried to release him. But when the Qingyuan County Politics and Law Enforcement Committee, 610 Office, and the local police department refused to sign the release order, the prison authorities were unable to release him. Mr. Lu continued to be tortured in the prison, and died in February 2009.

Mr. Lu Guanglin was around 50 years old and lived in Nankouqian Town, Qingyuan County. After 5:00 a.m. on March 15, 2005, ten police officers from the First Division of the Fushun City Police Department broke into a practitioner's home in Nankouqian Town and arrested Mr. Lu, his wife, and three other practitioners. All were taken to the First Division, where they were beaten. One female practitioner was beaten so severely that her face was disfigured and covered in bruises, chunks of her hair had been yanked out, and half of her body was paralyzed.

On March 22, 2005, Mr. Lu was taken to the First Detention Center of Fushun City. Later, Mr. Lu was sentenced to 13 years in prison. Mr. Lu's family and relatives were not notified about what happened to him and his wife. Four other practitioners were sent to the Second Detention Center of Fushun City.

Mr. Lu was later transferred to the Yingkou Prison. There were two "sessions" held every year in the prison to force practitioners to stop practicing Falun Gong. One was held in May, the other in November. The length of each session varied and usually lasted at least a month. Every practitioner detained there was subjected to this ordeal. The prison authorities locked the practitioner alone in a room, and the discipline team tied up the practitioner's hands and feet with tape. Then, eight inmates beat the practitioner continually for 24 hours, depriving the practitioner of any sleep. In 2006, all practitioners detained at this prison were subjected to this torture. The prison authorities continually sent practitioners from various teams to the special discipline unit. Even after a practitioner agreed to stop practicing, the authorities would not allow their families to visit them.

In December 2007, Mr. Lu and other practitioners were transferred to the Panjin City Prison where the torture continued. At that time, various prisons in Liaoning Province were transferring practitioners to the Panjin City Prison. To tighten the monitoring of practitioners, the Panjin City Prison authorities ordered two inmates to watch each practitioner and keep a daily log of the practitioners' activities. They strictly prohibited any contact between practitioners. All inmates were forced to comply with these orders.

Practitioners were forced to perform heavy manual labor from 6:00 a.m. until after 5:00 p.m. They were not allowed a single day off. Any practitioner who showed even a minor sign of disobedience was beaten, tortured with electric shocks, or tortured with some other method that threatened his or her life.

On April 1 and 3, 2008, Captain Zhang Guolin of the first ward, leading a group of prison guards, selected 13 practitioners. First, they searched the practitioners' bodies, then took the practitioners, one-at-a-time, to the "televised education room" (actually an interrogation room), where there were ten charged-up electric batons ranging from 300,000 to 900,000 volts. Zhang Guolin and five guards asked each practitioner, "Are you going to work or not?" If the answer was "no," they handcuffed the practitioner's hands behind his back, pushed him to the ground, and shocked him on the head, neck, chest, back, hands and feet, inner thighs, etc. with several electric batons at the same time. Some practitioners were also shocked, beaten, and tortured with electric needles. The electric shocks left the practitioner's bodies covered with blisters and bruises.

After being subjected to such inhuman torture Mr. Lu became mentally disorientated and could no longer take care of himself. He died in February 2009.

The Panjin City Prison authorities were afraid that Mr. Lu's death would be exposed to the public, so they deceived his daughter into agreeing to have Mr. Lu's remains cremated immediately without an autopsy or any legal procedures.

This is further evidence of the Chinese Communist Party's persecution of, and crimes against, Falun Gong practitioners in China.

Warden of Panjin Prison: 86-427-5637744