(Clearwisdom.net) At 1:30 pm on March 18, 2008, a car with no license plate parked in front of practitioner Shi Xiuzhen's house in Jiaohe City, Jilin Province. Four plainclothes policemen got out of the car and went into the house, ransacked it and beat up Ms. Shi. They took away over one thousand yuan in cash, a motorcycle, a TV set, a satellite dish, two cell phones, identification documentations, an MP3 player, e-books, and Dafa books. They arrested Ms. Shi and took her to the Xinzhan Police Station in Jiaohe City. They attempted to arrest her husband Liu Zhaofu (also a practitioner), but they were unsuccessful.

At 8:00 p.m. on March 19, the police in Jiaohe City ransacked Ms. Shi's home again. They broke the door of the storage room and rummaged through it, making a mess. Ms. Shi's eighty-year-old mother-in-law was traumatized.

Ms. Shi's Cancer Healed after Practicing Falun Dafa

Ms. Shi, 56, was retired from the bus company in Jiaohe City. She suffered from bone cancer and the doctor told her that there was nothing else they could do and told her to prepare for death. But after four months of practicing Falun Dafa, she made a complete recovery.

She had become a very good and kind person as a result of following Falun Dafa's teachings, but the police arrested her for her belief.

Hung by One Hand and Interrogated with Torture

At 3:00 p.m. on March 18, 2008, Ms. Shi was arrested while at her home by officers from the Xinzhan Police Station in Jiaohe City. Officers Guo Jicheng and Xia Yongli both slapped Ms. Shi, dragged her by the hair and threw her against the wall, making an egg-sized lump swell up on her head. Her family members showed the police the x-ray films of her bone cancer that she had before, but the police did not care and only persecuted her more.

The deputy chief of the station Li Hongxiang ordered officers Guo Jicheng, Wang Dukun and another policeman to handcuff her and hang her up by one hand. Neither of her feet were on the ground, and they kept her like this all night. The roughest one was Guo Jicheng. The torture caused excruciating pain to Ms. Shi's bones all over her whole body; it was truly unbearable. The police only let her down when they saw that she was going to pass out, but hung her up again as soon as they found that she was still not going to give in, and they repeated this several times.

The police took Ms. Shi to Jiaohe City National Security Squadron to continue the persecution, hanging her and beating her. Many places on her head, face, and legs were badly injured. The police jailed her separately to keep others from seeing her injuries.

When her family members saw her the first time in Jiaohe Jail, they could still see the signs from the beating on her face. She covered it with both hands so that her family members would not feel sorry for her.

Heavy Sentence of Six Years

After being jailed in Jiaohe Jail for seven months, she was harshly sentenced to six years in prison, and taken to the Heizuizi Women's Prison in Changchun City, Jilin Province. When her family members visited her in prison, she was helped by two people, one at each side. Her face was pale and extremely thin a result of sleep deprivation for thirteen consecutive days and forced brainwashing.

Ms. Shi's husband Liu Zhaofu worked in the Jiaohe Radio Station. He was a very hard worker, but he was forced to stay away from home in order to avoid arrest. His company ordered him to come back within two days to give an account of his situation, or else they would fire him, right before the Jiaohe Police Department issued an APB for his arrest. Currently, he is still staying away from home.

Ms. Shi's eighty-year-old mother-in-law was left at home. During this time, she was continuously harassed by the police who attempted to find the whereabouts of her son. The police also ordered their neighbors to report to them if they saw Mr. Liu. The elderly woman often needed people's help and was hospitalized several times. She passed away on the 2009 New Year's Day, without seeing her son or daughter-in-law while in her last days.

Officers involved in this persecution case:

New director of the 610 Office in Jiaohe City, Jilin Province, Pan Honglin: 86-432-7248610 (Office), 86-432-7753699
Xinzhan Police Station Chief, Gao Xinghai: 86-13704444636 (Cell), 86-432-7531110
National Security Squadron Captain; Gao Jinghai: 86-13704444676 (Cell)