Additional Persecution News from China - April 13, 2009 (42 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 25 cities or counties in 14 provinces. In this report, 36 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 30 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Zhou Ailing Arrested
Personnel from the Jianghan District Qianjin Police Station arrested Ms. Zhou Ailing from the Qiaokou District on March 21, 2009. She was held for 15 days and released on April 6, 2009. But, the police arrested her again at her workplace on the second day. She is held in the Erdaopeng Brainwashing Center in the Jianghan District.
2. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Wen Zhiming Arrested
Personnel from the Suizhong County Police Department and from the Domestic Security Division arrested Mr. Wen Zhiming from Huludao City the morning of April 3, 2009. He is in the county detention center. His wife, who is suffering from a cerebral hemorrhage, cannot take care of herself. (His son will take the National College Entrance Exam this coming June.)
Wang Haijun, 610 Office head: 86-429-6131710, 86-429-6651699,
Wang Xueping, Suizhong County Detention Center chief: 86-429-6183469, 86-429-6131288, 86-13500456100
3. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Mingyan Held in the Provincial Women Prison's No. 3 Ward
Yang Li, Liaoning Province Women's Prison chief: 86-24-89296666 (Office), 86-24-86914173 (Home), 86-13390118299 (Cell)
4. [Meihekou City, Jilin Province] Three Practitioners Arrested
Meihekou City Police Department deputy chief Xu Xiangren and about 20 policemen ransacked the homes of Ms. Jin Jingfang, Ms. Song Zonghua, Mr. Zhu Dexin, and Ms. Zhang Chunyan at 8:00 p.m. on April 9, 2009. They arrested Ms. Jin, Ms. Zhu and Ms. Zhang and took them to the city detention center.
5. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Cong and Ms. Han Arrested in Beijing on April 9, 2009
6. [Jidong County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhang Xinguang Harassed
Officer Zhao Haidong from the Chengnan Police Station in Jidong County harassed Mr. Zhang Xinguang and confiscated a few copies of the "Minghui Weekly."
Li Zebo, Chengnan Police Station chief: 86-467-5556024 Ext. 2468 (Office),
86-467-5563678 (Home), 86-13634871999
Zhao Haidong: 86-467-5591022, 86-13846021511
7. [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Mr. Zhu Bidong and Mr. Fu Lisheng Arrested
Personnel from the Yingze District Police Department in Taiyuan City arrested Mr. Zhu Bidong and Mr. Fu Lisheng on June 24, 2007. Mr. Zhu's mother and her granddaughter went to the police department detention center to visit Mr. Zhu several months ago, but detention center chief denied the visit. It is heard that Mr. Zhu is on a hunger strike and is extremely weak.
8. [Chongqing] Ms. Deyun Is Mistreated
Ms. Deyun, 60 years old, from the Changshou Area in Chongqing, was arrested in December 2000 and sentenced to three and a half years in prison. She was held in the Chongqing Women's Prison. She was transferred to the city's Juvenile Administration Center in 2003. Prison guard Yuqiao handcuffed her behind her back and exposed her to the burning sun. Chen Wanxiu, a prisoner who was assigned to monitor her, beat Ms. Deyun and taped her mouth shut at night after the lights went off. Ms. Deyun lives in a damp and cold small compartment and has been forced to sleep on a small chair for a long time.
9. [Foshan City, Guangdong Province] The Persecution of Ms. Tan Meiguang
Police from Foshan City arrested 38-year-old Ms. Tan Meiguang and tortured her on November 4, 2005. She was put in the Nanhai Detention Center and her family was prohibited from visiting.
Nanhai District Court officials sentenced Ms. Tan to five years in prison on October 12, 2006. She has been held in the Guangdong Province Women's Prison since then.
10. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Ms. Chen Xiumei Is on a Hunger Strike
Personnel from the Jingxiu Garden Police Station in Baoding City arrested Ms. Chen Xiumei, an employee of the Cotton Factory, and put her in Shijiazhuang Women's Forced Labor Camp. She has been on a hunger strike for 20 days.
Pang Haijun, Jingxiu Garden Police Station chief: 86-13931280998,
Wang Hongxin, deputy chief: 86-13932251511
Shijiazhuang Women's Forced Labor Camp in Hebei Province: 86-311-83939600
11. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Deng Pingrong Sentenced to Forced Labor
Mr. Deng Pingrong from Sandian Town in the Xinzhou District distributed Falun Gong flyers in a small community on February 27, 2009. Police arrested him and took him to the Hongshan District Police Station. He was eventually transferred to the Wuhan City No. 1 Detention Center and finally to Hewan Forced Labor Camp.
12. [Nanzheng County, Shaanxi Province] Approximately Ten Practitioners Arrested
About ten women practitioners were arrested at 11:00 p.m. near the Nanzheng Court on March 27, 2009. Two policewomen body-searched all the practitioners and slapped a few of their faces. One practitioner's whereabouts are unknown.
Ms. Li Jinfeng from Chenggu County is held in the county detention center.
13. [Nong'an County, Jilin Province] Four Practitioners Arrested
Mr. Duan Shuyou, Ms. Wang Mingyu, and Mr. Lu Shize and his wife, Ms. Wen Defang, were arrested at 5:00 a.m. on April 11, 2009. They are held in the Kai'an Police Station.
Zou Zhenkun, Kai'an Police Station: 86-13364600036, 86-431-83422336 (Office),
Ruan Changqing, deputy chief: 86-13214481401
14. [Miluo City, Hunan Province] Police Arrest Mr. Liu Duanduan
Personnel from the Miluo City Police Department and from the city's Domestic Security Division arrested Mr. Liu Duanduan from his home the morning of March 22, 2009. He is being held in the city detention center.
Zhou Bo, Domestic Security Division chief: 86-13807406308
15. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Yuzhen Held in the Dashan Detention Center
16. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Peng Weidong Arrested
Personnel from the Wuhan City Police Department arrested Mr. Peng Weidong on Hanzheng Street the morning of March 25, 2009. Police beat him, making him lose a tooth. Mr. Peng was put in the Qiaokou District Police Department's No. 1 Section and later on into the Etouwan Brainwashing Center. The police hung Mr. Peng up and beat him. He had not been able to eat since April 2, 2009, and became emaciated. They forced Mr. Peng to write a "guarantee statement" and then released him on April 8, 2009.
Deng Bin, 610 Office chief: 86-27-82402420, 86-27-82611496, 86-27-82411838
Qiu Hanhua, Wuhan City Police Department's No. 1 Section chief: 86-13971631621
17. [Linqu County, Shandong Province] Four Practitioners Sentenced--One Released
Personnel from the Linqu County Police Department arrested Mr. Liu Guodong, Mr. Liu Guozheng, Mr. Liu Shimin, and Mr. Peng Shiguo and put them in the county detention center. County court officials sentenced the four practitioners without notifying their families. Mr. Liu Guodong, Mr. Liu Shimin, and Mr. Peng were each sentenced to seven years in prison. Mr. Liu Guozheng has been released.
Xu Wenyuan, Linqu County Police Department: 86-536-3456678 (Office),
86-536-3456369 (Home), 86-13963686369 (Cell)
Ma Lianzhi, 610 Office chief: 86-536-3116118 (Office), 86-536-3160866 (Home), 86-13806360696 (Cell)
18. [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Updated Information on Nine Arrested Practitioners from Sanjiazi Township
Pingfang Police Station chief Wang Xiaowei in Kazuo County arrested nine practitioners from Sanjiazi Township in Lingyuan City on July 20, 2008. They were sentenced to ten, eight, or four years in prison. Ms. Ren Shulan is in the Shenyang City Women's Prison; Mr. Wang Zhangang and Mr. Yun Guolin are in the Benxi City Prison; Mr. Fan Zhenguo in the Panjin City Prison; Mr. Zang You, Mr. Yan Zhifu, and Ms. Liu Shulan in the Dalian City Prison; and Ms. Liu Shulan is in the Kazuo County Detention Center as Masanjia Forced Labor Camp refused to admit her. Ms. Liu Shufeng and Ms. Gao Fengshan's whereabouts are unknown.
19. [Shenzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Ruifeng and Ms. Liu Landuo Still Being Held
Except for Mr. Zhang Ruifeng and Ms. Liu Landuo, the ten practitioners arrested on March 1, 2009, are still in detention. Some had money extorted from them.
20. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Li Guiping Held on April 9, 2009
21. [Chongqing] Mr. Lu Ming from the Dianjiang No. 5 Middle School Arrested on April 20, 2009, His Current Whereabouts Unknown
22. [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Gao Fengqin Arrested
Ms. Gao Fengqin from Tieling City was arrested on April 7, 2009, for distributing Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials and I in the city detention center.
Gu Xin, Tieling City 610 Office: 86-410-2668630, 86-13941050542
Wang Rui, Tieling City Detention Center chief: 86-410-4563747 (Office), 86-410-2827806 (Home)
23. [Huailai County, Hebei Province] Mr. Ji Xinhai Sentenced to Incarceration and Held in the Jidong Prison in Tangshan City
Mr. Ji Xinhai is from Liangzhuang Village, Xibali Town, Huailai County. Personnel from the Beixinbao Police Station arrested him and put him in the town police station on July 11, 2008. Liangzhuang Village chief Du Junming and ten policemen ransacked Mr. Ji's home. The police confiscated Dafa books, a computer, and a printer, totaling 10,000 yuan. They also arrested his wife, Ms. Pang Aixiu, leaving the couple's nine-year-old daughter unattended. Mr. Ji was transferred to the county detention center on July 13, 2008.
Ms. Pang was released on January 6, 2009, and Mr. Ji was sentenced to four years in prison. He could not take care of himself, and all visits from his family were denied.
Mr. Ji was again arrested on March 5, 2009, and his current whereabouts are unknown. It was heard on the night of March 20, 2009, that Mr. Ji was transferred to the Jidong Prison's No. 4 Division Center Hospital in the Luannan Nanbao Developmental District.
Du Junming, Liangzhuang Village chief: 86-313-6813567
Ma Jinyu, Jidong City Prison's No. 4 Division chief: 86-13703377055, 86-313-8313600, 86-313-8310666
24. [Yiyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Wang Zhiwei Held in the Ruanjiang City Detention Center
Among the several practitioners arrested in March 2009, Ms. Wang Zhiwei is being held in the Ruanjiang City Detention Center. She is sentenced to one year of forced labor. Her family attempted to bail her out for hospitalization but their attempts failed.
25. [Ankang City, Shaanxi Province] Several Practitioners Held in the Yangjiaba Detention Center in Hanyin County
Several practitioners have been held in the Yangjiaba Detention Center in Hanyin County since April 8, 2009. A few practitioners' homes were ransacked. The arrested practitioners included Mr. Mi Jianxin, Ms. Yuan Zhengxiu and her husband from Shiquan County, and Mr. She Chengbang and Mr. Li Shenhua from Hanyin County.
Yangjiaba Detention Center in Hanyin County: 86-915-5212739
Zhang Zhongyin, 610 Office chief: 86-915-5212945, 86-915-5215801, 86-13319157201
Liu Mingzhen, 610 Office deputy chief: 86-915-5212945, 86-915-5213494, 86-13992526556
26. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Xia Yang Held in the No. 1 Women's Detention Center on April 10, 2009
27. [Tianjin] Ms. Liang Meixi Arrested
Personnel from the Tanggu District Domestic Security Division, from the Bohai Oil Field Company's Police Station, and from the Dagu Police Station arrested Ms. Liang Meixi, an employee of the company, on April 12, 2009. The police ransacked her home and confiscated a printer, a laptop computer, and truth-clarifying materials. Ms. Liang is the district's Zhaojiadi Detention Center.
Ms. Liang had been held in Tianjin Women's Prison for three years since 2002. She has had a relapse of diabetes. She is almost blind.
28. [Huanren County, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Ms. Bao Qingying
Ms. Bao Qingying is from Lishu Village, Pulebao Town, Huanren County. Personnel from the town police station arrested her on March 27, 2009. Policeman Cong Zhijiang and a group of officers from the county Domestic Security Division broke into Ms. Bao's home and ransacked the place. Ms. Bao is in the county detention center.
29. [Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Ms. Li Wenhui's Home Ransacked
Personnel from the Yanerwan Police Station arrested Ms. Li Wenhui the morning of March 23, 2009. They then ransacked her home at 3:00 p.m. and confiscated a picture with Master's image and Dafa books.
Wei, Yanerwan, police station chief: 86-13399317221
30. [Wei County, Hebei Province] The Persecution of Mr. Li Hailong
Mr. Li Hailong, 32 years old, from the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, lives in Wei County, Hebei Province. He worked in Beijing in early April 2008. Police found Dafa books in his hotel room. Mr. Li was put in a detention center in Beijing and was transferred to Masanjia Prison 40 days later.
31. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Duan Yuying Arrested and Held in the Wuhan City No. 1 Women's Detention Center on April 10, 2009
32. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Wan Detained at the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center on April 10, 2009
33. [Suining City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Liao Daying and Ms. Wang Suqing's Homes Ransacked
Personnel from the Nanqiang Town Police Station in No. 4 Village, Longping Township, Suining City, ransacked Ms. Liao Daying and Ms. Wang Suqing's homes at 5:00 p.m. on February 16, 2009.
34. [Heilongjiang Province] The Persecution of Ms. Liu Jun
Police arrested Ms. Liu Jun on April 1, 2009, and sentenced her to three years of incarceration in Hulan Prison.
35. [Chongqing] Mr. Yang Dehuai, a Retired Employee from the Qingshan Factory in Qinggang Town, Bishan County, Arrested on April 10, 2009
36. [Laiyang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Dong Dianbo Held in the Yantai City No. 2 Detention Center
Mr. Dong Dianbo, now in the Yantai City No. 2 Detention Center, is extremely weak. He was transferred to the Laiyang City Party School on February 23, 2009.
37. [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Ma Chuncheng Arrested
Mr. Ma Chuncheng from Jixi City was arrested in the Dafangli Community in Harbin City on February 19, 2009. Police confiscated a 10,000 yuan bank deposit certificate from him.
38. [Jiangsu Province] Personnel from the Huai'an City 610 Office Persecute Practitioners
Personnel from the Mianhuazhuang Police Station in the Huaiyin District arrested Mr. Shen Yang on March 23, 2009, and Mr. Chen Hongzhu on March 23. Officers from the Qingpu District Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Tang Yumei on March 26. The police arrested Mr. Chen's wife, Ms. Wu Yanping, on March 30. Personnel from the Qingpu District Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Liu Zhengfu on April 8.
Mr. Shen's family had 2,000 yuan extorted from them, and she was then released.
Mr. Chen is still held in the Huai'an City Detention Center; Ms. Wu's whereabouts are unknown. Ms. Tang is perhaps in the city detention center. Where Ms. Liu is being held is also unclear.
39. [Changle City, Shandong Province] Mr. Li Quanzhong Arrested April 11, 2009
40. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Jia Cuilan Sentenced
Sifang District Court officials in Qingdao City sentenced Ms. Jia Cuilan in the Dashan Forced Labor Camp the morning of April 10, 2009. The trial was started at 10:00 a.m. and ended at 11:45 a.m.
Ms. Jia was arrested on July 23, 2008, and held for nine months. No family visits were permitted.
41. [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Lihua Held in the City's No. 2 Detention Center
42. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Li Guiping Arrested on April 10, 2009, and Held in the Erdaopeng Brainwashing Center
April 13, 2009