(Clearwisdom.net) In early February 2009, the Jiamusi City Public Security Bureau and Police Department, under the direction of the Heilongjiang Provincial Police Department, started a new wave of persecution against Falun Gong under the pretense of ensuring security for the Winter Games. Since February 8, 2009, more than twenty Falun Gong practitioners and their relatives have been arrested.

On February 18, 2009, Sun Qinghe went to visit disabled Falun Gong practitioner Liu Xiaobin and planned to stay there to take care of him. Police waiting outside Liu Xiaobin's home in Jiamusi City arrested Mr. Sun and ransacked his home. They sent Mr. Sun to the Jianshe Police Station in Jiamusi City, and he is currently detained at the Jiamusi City Detention Center. His family members were harassed repeatedly by the police. The Police Department, the Procuratorate, and the Court in Jiamusi City together are trying to sentence Falun Gong practitioners Sun Qinghe, Huang Weizhong, Fu Yu, and Ruan Xiuyuan.

Mr. Sun Qinghe is 53 years old. Before he started to practice Falun Gong, he suffered from severe vertigo and had to stay in bed for days at a time when the symptoms came. He suffered a great deal. Mr. Sun was weak and unable to do heavy labor. Since he started practicing Falun Gong, Mr. Sun has acted according to the principles of Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance and tried to become a better person.

The diseases that had tormented Mr. Sun for so many years disappeared. He became healthy and strong, with a rosy complexion. People who knew him found that he looked younger and became more tolerant and kind-hearted. Those around him attributed his change to Falun Gong's miraculous effects.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin and the Chinese Communist Party started a rampant suppression against Falun Gong nationwide, and the state-run media slandered the practice around the clock. Falun Gong practitioners were arrested in large numbers, fired from their jobs, sent to forced labor camps and sentenced to prison. Sun Qinghe and his wife were persecuted as well. Over the ten years of persecution, Mr. Sun and his family have suffered greatly.

On October 18, 2000, Sun Qinghe unfurled a banner in Qianmen in Beijing to tell people about the benefits that he had gained from practicing Falun Gong. He was detained for five days at the Qianmen Police Station. In order to protect other practitioners, Mr. Sun did not give his name or address. Police from the Qianmen Police Station beat him severely. He was then held in the Jiamusi City Beijing Liaison Office. Two officials from Jiamusi City brought Mr. Sun back and sent him to the Jiamusi City Detention Center. One week later, Mr. Sun was sentenced to one year of forced labor. One policeman from the Yonghong Police Department in Jiamusi City shouted to Mr. Sun, "I will definitely put you into a forced labor camp!"

In early June of 2003, police from the Anqing Police Station under the jurisdiction of the Dongfeng Police Department in Jiamusi City arrested Mr. Sun while he was working in another city. He was detained for one month at the Jiamusi City Detention Center. Instigated by the guards in the detention center, prisoners viciously assaulted Mr. Sun after covering his head with a blanket. Mr. Sun was severely injured during the attack. He was not released until police extorted 7,000 yuan in cash from his family.

In May 2005, Mr. Sun went to see his neighbor, also a Falun Gong practitioner, who was injured in a car accident. The neighbor's phone was tapped by police. Policeman Chen Wanyou from the Domestic Security Division of the Jiamusi City Police Department led a group of men from the Songling Police Station to arrest Mr. Sun and this neighbor. Mr. Sun was not released until two weeks later. He was forced to pay 700 yuan.

Related article: