1. The Persecution of Yang Ruichun

Ms. Yang Ruichun, 55 years old, was a retired worker from the County Supply and Marketing Company. She used to live at No.6 East, Unit 2, right building, Xiyuan District of the county. Before practicing Falun Dafa, Yang Ruichun had cerebrovascular disease, from which she fully recovered. After July 20, 1999, the local, county, and village police, and the people from her company repeatedly went to her house to disturb her, monitor her day and night, and broadcast her name with a loudspeaker throughout the village. They forced her to give up her Falun Gong books, find somebody to guarantee she would not appeal in Beijing, sign a banner that slandered Falun Dafa's founder Master Li, and they took away her identification card.

At about 10 a.m. on July 8, 2008, the chief of the Chengguan Police Gao Huaiying, as well as Liu Mengsheng and another person broke into her house and started to ask her questions such as if she still practiced Falun Gong.Yang Ruichun started to clarify the truth to them. In the end, they said they would come back again, and they left.

At about 6 a.m. on the morning of July 22, 2008, over 20 people, including the director of the county supply and marketing company Bai Jinkai, Liu Maosong and police from the Anxin Police Department, Chengguan Police Station went to her house and tricked her into opening the door. They searched her house illegally and threatened to take her son away. Yang Ruichun's old illnesses returned due to the stress and she fainted. The CCP personnel carried her downstairs from the 6th floor, put her in the car, carried her on a stretcher to Anxin Police Department and then detained her at the Anxin Detention Center. Yang Ruichun was shocked three times during this period. In the meantime, the police confiscated her computer, the printer and Dafa books, and removed the satellite antenna from the balcony.

On July 25, 2008, after the family promised to prevent her from practicing Falun Gong, Yang Ruichun was allowed to return home, where she was monitored 24 hours a day.

Yang Ruichun's husband disappeared over ten years ago while he was driving his taxi and has not been hear from since. Yang Ruichun's whole family has been in a difficult situation. Through the power of cultivating in Dafa, Yang Ruichun raised her two children, despite all the pressure she was under with the small amount of retirement money she received in addition to running a small business. Due to the many times the police illegally broke into her house, she was under a lot of stress both mentally and physically. At 4 p.m. on March 6, 2009, Yang Ruichun fell down the stairs in her home. She died due to bleeding in her brain according to the hospital officials.

2. The Persecution of Ms. Jin Guifang

Ms. Jin Guifang, 67 years old, was a housewife from Dongliuzhuang Village, Anxin Town, Anxin County. She started to cultivate Falun Dafa in 1995. Not long after she started to cultivate, the diseases she had such as cerebral thrombus disappeared without any medical treatment. On October 1, 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal. The local plainclothes police followed her, took her to a courtyard in Beijing, and then the former Anxin County Police Department president, Tian Yueying, drove her back to her hometown, where she was held at the county detention center. At the detention center, the police and prisoners beat this elderly woman. They searched her house and sent her to a labor camp for a year. She was put on public trial alongside criminals at the No.1 middle school playground. She was forced to stand on a truck, wear a big sign that said, "evil cult Falun Gong member." She was also pulled along by her arms by two policemen, in a further attempt to humiliate her. She was able to be treated outside the prison due to the fact that she was rejected by the Baoding Labor Camp due to her high blood pressure.

On the morning of February 22, 2001, Jin Guifang and her two non-practitioner daughters, Wang Wenping and Wang Wenhong, were sent to a brainwashing session at the county teacher education school and persecuted there by Deputy Party Secretary Tian, who was in charge of persecuting Falun Gong at Anxin Town, and Shen Wanshan from the Synthesis Governing Managing Company. In May, she was transferred to the newly built brainwashing center next to the village detention center, called the Law and Education Class by the authorities. Jin Guifang resisted the persecution, and so was beaten and cursed by members of the 610 Office and the police. In order to try to get Ms. Jin and her daughters to give up Falun Gong, the 610 office encouraged family members to help. They isolated each of them in solitary confinement. Wang Wenhong then suffered a mental collapse after enduring a great deal of persecution. She appeared to say something and smile by herself. Also, there were no provisions for personal female care, which she needed. The three women strongly insisted that she be released, but the 610 office refused to release her. The head of the 610 office, Kang Huihe, constantly changed the means used to persecute them. Their meals were changed to two meals a day, with only a small bun for a meal. This starvation method lasted for over a month. They became emaciated after over a month of being starved.

Kang Huihe, who is in charge of the 610 office, dragged the elderly woman by her clothing with pliers. Policeman Liu Guangqi kicked Ms. Jin's leg. During the detention period, the CCP personnel refused any visits from family members who practice Falun Gong. In the end, they sent Ms. Jin to Baoding Labor Camp to persecute her further.

After Jin Guifang came back from Baoding Labor Camp, she was repeatedly harassed by the CCP. Due to the fear she felt after being persecuted for a long time, and the trauma to her head from torture, she died from a brain disease in September 2006.