(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Mr. Xia Hongmin, from Laishui County, Hebei Province, was arrested again on March 5, 2009 by officers from the Hujiazhuang Police Station. At that time, Xia Hongmin had just been released from a detention center.

At noon on March 5, Mr. Xia returned home from work and didn't even have time to wash his hands when someone knocked on the door.

Mr. Xia's wife asked, "Who is it?"

A person answered, "I am from the police station, and we need Xia Hongmin's signature."

She said, "I already signed the last time you arrested Xia Hongmin. Why are you here again?"

The person said, "He must sign himself."

During their conversation, Xia Hongmin crawled over a wall to escape, but he was arrested by officers who were waiting outside. During the ten-year persecution of Falun Gong, Xia Hongmin was arrested and detained many times. His home was also ransacked many times by officers from the Laishui Town Police Station.

On March 15, 2000, Xia Hongmin went to Beijing to appeal, but he was arrested and taken back to his hometown.

Liu Zhenfu, director of Chengguan Town, along with deputy secretary Li Dawei tore off Mr. Xia's shirt and beat him with branches and bamboo poles, leaving no unbruised places on his body. After fifteen days of detention, he was sent to a CCP "re-education" (brainwashing) center. Policeman Sun Guijie beat him inhumanly, and burned his mouth with a cigarette until a big blister formed. Policemen even dunked his head into a water container in the restroom, and took off his pants and beat him with a cleaning rod. They used all kinds of inhuman methods to torture him for several hours. He was released on April 10, after the police extorted 2,000 yuan from him.

On July 14, 2000, Secretary Hu of the CCP committee took away Xia Hongmin again and beat him. He was beaten four or five times. One time seven people beat him at the same time. On December 25, 2000, Xia Hongmin was illegally detained, and his wife and two children had to borrow money from others to live on.

On the afternoon of March 2, 2006, officers from the Laishui Police Station broke into Xia Hongmin's home to harass him in the name of the "security measures for the Two Conferences."

On May 21, 2008, officers from the Laishui Police Station broke into Xia Hongmin's home. They broke the hinge on his doorway, tore apart his diaries, and made everything in his home a mess.

On December 24, 2008, Mr. Xia Hongmin was arrested when he was distributing Falun Gong information materials near a traffic light, and was detained in Laishui County Detention Center.

Mr. Xia Hongmin was arrested again at noon on March 5, 2009. His family would like to call attention to his condition and seek help from the International Human Rights Committee, Coalition to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong, and the World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong. They are calling for the immediate release of Xia Hongmin.