(Clearwisdom.net) On January 9, 2009, a group of police officers arrested disabled Dafa practitioner Cheng Jinjing from Zhoukou City. He was taken to the Zhoukou Detention Center, where he was persecuted. Mr. Cheng recently had a relapse in his condition, and he is suffering severe pain in his legs. He has been unable to get up off the floor, and faces the risk of becoming paralyzed. The situation is urgent. Gao Feng, team leader of the Domestic Security Division in the Shanan Police Department of Zhoukou City, refused to release Mr. Cheng.

The Persecution of Cheng Jinjing

Mr. Cheng Jinjing is in his sixties and comes from Xiangcheng. He was section chief at Zhoukou District Bureau of Technical Supervision. Before he started practicing Falun Dafa he had been paralyzed in a car accident. His head, face, arms, hip, legs and feet were injured, leading to dozens of operations. His legs suffered the greatest injuries, with large fractures. He was paralyzed and forced to stay at home at age forty.

In spring 1996, Mr. Chen started practicing Falun Gong. His condition improved quickly. Though he still limped, he did not suffer, and he became more open and happy. He was very grateful, and developed enormous respect for Dafa.

During the subsequent nine years of the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) brutal persecution of Falun Gong, Mr. Chen was arrested three times because he stepped forward to uphold the truth. At the beginning of the persecution, he was arrested twice. Ma Zhefeng, director of the Xiangcheng Domestic Security Division, instigated policemen to arrest him and hold him in the detention center and custodial station. He was detained for several months the first time and for nearly a year the second time. Harsh conditions, a heavy workload, and meager meals worsened his health. He had a relapse. His upper body became stiff and stooped and he could hardly move a step. He recovered a bit after he was released from the prison, but his health was still unstable. Sometimes he was not able to get up from his bed, and suffered from severe pain even with the slightest movement. He had to struggle for more than an hour, and only with the help of his family members was he able to get up.

At about 9:00 a.m. on January 9, 2009, when Mr. Chen was not far from home, a group of more than ten policemen who had been staying around his home monitoring him jumped him and arrested him. They forcibly took his key and ransacked his home and storage room. Mr. Chen was locked in the Zhoukou Detention Center.

According to inside sources, under police director Gao Feng's instigation, inmates harshly beat and tortured several male practitioners arrested over the New Year. After twenty days' detention Mr. Chen relapsed and began suffering severe pain. He was not able to stand up or walk. This may lead to complete paralysis of his legs. His family has been terribly worried and has strongly demanded bail for medical treatment, but Gao Feng refused to release him.

Since Mao Chaofeng rose to power in 2006, Dafa practitioners have been persecuted far more intensively. More than 100 practitioners were detained and over 20 were sentenced. Even disabled practitioners were severely persecuted. The following are two cases.

Case One: Yang Dezhi from Huaiyang Sentenced to Four Years

Mr. Yang Dezhi (also known as Yang Gui) was born at Dadongying Village, Doumen Township, Huaiyang, Henan Province in 1962. He was struck by a bad illness as a baby and his lower body was paralyzed, but he managed to walk on a pair of simple hand-made crutches. At a later stage he contracted chronic enteritis, intestinal gas and otitis media. His ears wept all year round. He had no money for medical treatment, and his family members had to help drain the pus and blood out of his ears.

After he started Falun Dafa cultivation practice, Mr. Yang quickly recovered from his illnesses and felt what it was like to be healthy. He made a hand-driven tricycle and set up a stall in the street in Shuizai Town of Xiangcheng to make keys and repair shoes for a living. In the harvest season he even helped his family to do some light work.

After the CCP's persecution of Dafa started, Mr. Yang was still very determined in his belief. He used the opportunity of making keys and repairing shoes for clients to tell them the truth about Falun Gong and the persecution. Police from Xiangcheng and Huaiyang arrested and detained him four times. During the first three arrests, he was released after he was detained because he was disabled.

But during the last arrest, Mao Chaofeng happened to come to his position in Zhoukou and the persecution of Dafa was escalating. Mr. Yang was sentenced to four years in prison. Up to now he has been serving in a prison in Zhengzhou where he has been viciously persecuted.

2. Ms. Tian Suhua from Xiangcheng Arrested

Forty-four-year-old Dafa practitioner Ms. Tian Suhua is from Wenlou Village, Chengjiao Township, Xiangcheng City. Police from the Qiyi Road Police Station in Zhoukou City arrested and detained her in 2006 and then transferred her to the Xiangcheng City Detention Center.

There she was tortured and her kneecaps were broken. She became disabled and could no longer walk. She also almost lost her eyesight. Because she didn't give in to the evil, she was transferred to the Shibalihe Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou and was savagely persecuted there.

After Ms. Tian was released, she had no source of income. She had difficulty making a living because of her disability. She had to beg for food and scavenge for a living. Later, with the help of her relatives, she bought a motorcycle and made a living with it.

Before the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008, the CCP escalated its persecution of Dafa practitioners under the pretense of so-called stability. On July 3, 2008, Gao Feng and Hou Hongqi from the Domestic Security Shanan Sub-division in Zhoukou City arrested and detained Ms Tian again. She was put on trial. She is currently detained at the Xiangcheng Detention Center.