(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Chen Yufang from Xingning City, Meizhou District, Guangdong Province, was illegally arrested while she was selling vegetables on Dongyuegong Street in the morning of September 2007. Policemen from Xingning City 610 Office sent her to Xingning City Detention Center. A month later, she was transferred to Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp where she is being tortured.

After the Chinese Communist regime launched the campaign to persecute Falun Gong practitioners, Ms. Chen has been detained many times for her belief. On June 20, 2000, policemen from Longtian Township Police Station in Xingning City, Meizhou District forcibly took Ms. Chen, Ms. Liu Lichun and other practitioners to the Longtian Township Government Building and forced them to watch videos that slandered Falun Gong. That morning, Ms. Liu Lichun was cooking and doing laundry at home before a policeman from Longtian Township Police Station forcibly took her to the local police station. The practitioners were not given anything to eat for two days at the government building.

On June 22, Xingning City 610 Office policemen went to the Longtian Township Government Building to discuss how to torture the practitioners. That night, they took four practitioners (all female farmers), including Ms. Chen Yufang and Ms. Liu Lichun to the yard. The head of the 610 Office, the local police chief and several policemen surrounded them and threatened to beat them with bamboo strips. The perpetrators asked the practitioners to say slanderous words about the founder of Falun Gong. However, the practitioners refused and the perpetrators then beat them with the bamboo strips. They beat them so hard that several bamboo strips broke.

Several policemen pushed Ms. Chen and Ms. Liu to the ground. Then they stepped on their hands, feet and body to hold them still. They pinched their noses and used a water cannon that is used to wash cars to blast water down both women's mouths. As a result of this barbaric act, Ms. Chen lost a tooth. After the water torture, the police beat the two practitioners again. Then they started another round of the water torture. Both practitioners were tortured for about two hours.

On the morning of June 24, policemen handcuffed Ms. Chen and Ms. Liu to a tree. Then someone from the Xingning City Judicial Bureau began to interrogate them. A judicial bureau staff with the surname Chen used a cigarette butt to burn Ms. Liu's left arm four times. The scar is still visible today.

In the evening of June 26, the police took both women out to the yard again to beat and blast them with water for over an hour.

Ms. Chen Yufang and Ms. Liu Lichun were detained and tortured at the township government building for about 10 days. Later, Ms. Chen was detained at several different detention centers in Xingning City for 2-3 months.

On January 17, 2001, Ms. Chen Yufang and Ms. Liu Lichun went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to protest the persecution of practitioners. They were arrested by police and taken to the local police station. Then they were sent to the Xuanwu District Detention Center. A guard at the detention center kicked Ms. Liu, knocking her to the ground. Although it was an extremely cold night, the guards still forced both women to squat outside for nearly two hours. On the third day, policemen from Longtian Police Station found them at the detention center. The guards tried to force Ms. Liu to tell them where she was from and what her name was. However, she refused to answer them. As a result, the guards then tied several electrical wires into a knot and used it to beat her arms. They beat her so hard that she couldn't raise her left arm after the beating. Several days later, the police from Longtian Police Station brought the two practitioners back to Xingning City. They were illegally sentenced to forced labor and sent to Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp, where they were detained for two years.

In late September of 2007, Ms. Chen Yufang was arrested again and sent to Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp where she is being continuously tortured.

According to incomplete statistics, seven practitioners are also detained at Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp. They are Chen Yufang, Li Zuozhong, Liu Huichen, Zhang Huirong, Liao Juanna, Qiu Yuanxiang, and Qiu Renying.