Additional Persecution News from China - January 31, 2009 (11 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 9 cities or counties in 8 provinces. In this report, 13 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 3 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Xiao Liru Arrested in Beijing and Detained in Shenyang City Detention Center
- [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Shuzhen and Her Daughter Ms. Li Yuyuan Arrested
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Authorities of Hebei Province First Prison Still Persecuting Falun Gong Practitioners
- [Henan Province] Many Practitioners Still Detained in Huaiyang County Detention Center
- [Yunnan Province] Ms. Wang Yulan Brutally Beaten in Forced Labor Camp
- [Liangshan Prefecture, Sichuan Province] Ms. He Chaofen and Mr. Zhou Lianke Sentenced to Imprisonment
- [Duolun County, Inner Mongolia] Three Arrested Practitioners Return Home
- [Guangdong Province] Abuse Ms. Wu Shuxian Suffered in Kaiping Forced Labor Camp
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Recent Situation of Ms. Sun Shujie; Missing for One Month
- [Huaian County, Hebei Province] Ms. Niu Yunlian Suffered Severe Abuse and Cannot Take Care of Herself
- [Henan Province] Zhongyuan Oil Field 610 Office Abused Mr. Zhu Chao and His Wife Ms. Dong Yueling
1. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Xiao Liru Arrested in Beijing and Detained in Shenyang City Detention Center
Ms. Xiao Liru, 46, used to work in the Financial Section of the Grain Bureau in Huanggutun District, Shenyang City. She went to Beijing many times to validate Falun Dafa, and was sentenced to forced labor. She was detained at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, where she was subjected to torture.
On January 3, 2009, she went to Beijing again to appeal for Falun Dafa. Consequently, she was arrested and detained at the Shenyang City Detention Center.
Shenyang City Detention Center: 86-24-89241894 ext. 8084, 86-24-89248084
Guo Baoan, deputy director
Zhang Wei, chief of Tiexi District 610 Office: 86-24-25842329 (O)
2. [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Shuzhen and Her Daughter Ms. Li Yuyuan Arrested
On January 19, 2009, Ms. Liu Shuzhen and her daughter Ms. Li Yujuan, from Yanji City, were arrested. They were taken to a detention center. Meanwhile, police officers seized their computer, printer and other materials.
Director of State Security Division: 86-433-2565275 (O), 86-433-2623155 (H),
86-13039085155, 86-13904438836 (Cell)
Xiao Bin, deputy director of State Security Division: 86-433-2565275 (O), 86-433-2529030 (H), 86-433- 2999030
Xuan Yongshan, deputy director of State Security Division: 86-433-2565275 (O), 86-433-2851081 (H), 13904480013 (Cell)
3. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Authorities of Hebei Province First Prison Still Persecuting Falun Gong Practitioners
Mr. Li Jun was detained at the 8th Ward of Hebei Province First Prison in 2002. He has been beaten and monitored every day. He was also handcuffed for a long period of time.
4. [Henan Province] Many Practitioners Still Detained in Huaiyang County Detention Center
On August 11, 2008, Ms. Li Yufang was arrested and has been detained in the Huaiyang County Detention Center. Many other practitioners are still detained at this detention center, and they are prohibited from seeing their families.
5. [Yunnan Province] Ms. Wang Yulan Brutally Beaten in Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Wang Yulan, in her sixties, has been detained in the Yunnan Province First Women's Forced Labor Camp. Guards directed inmates to beat her. As a result, one of her teeth was knocked out and and another was loosened. She was nonetheless taken out to work by four or five drug addict inmates.
6. [Liangshan Prefecture, Sichuan Province] Ms. He Chaofen and Mr. Zhou Lianke Sentenced to Imprisonment
It has been reported that Ms. He Chaofen, arrested on March 29, 2008, was sentenced to three and a half years in prison and Mr. Zhou Lianke, arrested on April 14, 2008, was sentenced to one year. Ms. He has appealed her sentence to a higher court.
Chen Gang and Zhao Qiong, of the State Security Division of Dechang County Police Department, who are in charge of this case: 86-834-5204122
7. [Duolun County, Inner Mongolia] Three Arrested Practitioners Return Home
On around January 19, 2009, Ms. Yang Yulian, Ms. Zhang Chunrong and Ms. Ma Yingju, who had been arrested, returned home. Ms. Yang had 1,000 yuan extorted from her, and Ms. Ma 10,000 yuan.
8. [Guangdong Province] Abuse Ms. Wu Shuxian Suffered in Kaiping Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Wu Shuxian, in her sixties, lived in Baimayu Village, Jianming Town, Zunhua City. Since 1999, she has been harassed and threatened by the local police. Ms. Wu's husband was subjected to severe mental abuse and died of a convulsion as a result.
Before the Olympic Games in 2008, Ms. Wu was threatened and harassed by staff members of the Jianming Town Government. She was arrested and sentenced to forced labor. Six months later, her son was getting married and he requested that his mother be released to attend the wedding. His request was rejected. After the wedding, her son went to see her. She told him that the guards abused her and even the doctors beat her. Presently, she suffers from severe headaches.
9. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Recent Situation of Ms. Sun Shujie; Missing for One Month
At the end of 2008, Ms. Sun Shujie, from Shuangyashan City, went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa. She was arrested by police officers from the Beijing City Police Department. Authorities from the Police Department dispatched police officers to Ms. Sun's workplace to have her investigated. It is said that the authorities of the Beijing City Police Department are fabricating evidence in an effort to sentence her to forced labor or imprisonment.
10. [Huaian County, Hebei Province] Ms. Niu Yunlian Suffered Severe Abuse and Cannot Take Care of Herself
Before the Olympic Games in 2008, more than ten police officers, led by Zhang Wanfu, director of the Xishacheng Police Station in Huaian County, broke into Ms. Niu Yunlian's home in Dongshacheng Village. They seized photos of the founder of Falun Gong, an MP3 player, a satellite TV receiver, and Dafa books. Ms. Niu was taken to the Shisanli Detention Center in Zhangjiakou City, where she was detained for 15 days. She was then taken to the so-called "Law School" in Shajiatun, Huaian County, and subjected to brainwashing for sixteen days. Finally, her family had 2,500 yuan extorted from them before she was released. She cannot take care herself due to the abuse she suffered and she is in constant pain.
11. [Henan Province] Zhongyuan Oil Field 610 Office Abused Mr. Zhu Chao and His Wife Ms. Dong Yueling
Mr. Zhu Chao graduated from university and used to work in a chemical plant at the Zhongyuan Oil Field. His wife, Ms. Dong Yueling, used to work in a natural gas plant at the Zhongyuan Oil Field. At the end of 1999, Ms. Dong suffered abuse for appealing for Falun Gong. Since then, agents from the Zhongyuan Oil Field 610 Office and staff members of the residential office continue to visit the couple to harass them. They have been taken to a brainwashing center many times. Since Ms. Dong has refused to be "transformed," many of her fellow workers' bonuses were diminished. The workers who did not know the truth about Falun Gong scolded Ms. Dong. As a result, Ms. Dong was unable to stay at her workplace. The couple's bank deposits were also frozen. They could only withdraw 100 yuan each month for living expenses. Because they could not make a living, they became destitute and homeless.
January 31, 2009