Ms. Pang Dingrong Dies after Being Tortured

Ms. Pang Dingrong was a resident of Jianguo Village, Chang'an Community, in the Jiangbei District of Chongqing City. At 9:00 a.m. on October 3, 2007, she was arrested and detained while she was clarifying the truth at Huangnibang. She was sentenced to one and a half years in the Shabao Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City. While she was imprisoned, she began to suffer from a severe form of cancer, but that didn't deter the guards from brutally torturing her. Ms. Pang was released on August 21, 2008 and passed away on December 26, 2008 as a result of persecution.

The Shabao Women's Forced Labor Camp forced each practitioner to hold very difficult body positions for extended periods of time. When the practitioners got tired and could no longer hold the position, the guards would brutally beat them with a leather strap. Even practitioners in their 60s and 70s were not spared.

Guard Chen Yanyan (female) isolated every practitioner who did not give up her faith by locking her in a special cell of only a few square meters. The guards ordered a few drug addict inmates to grab the practitioners' hair and slam their heads against the wall. The inmates viciously shoved their elbows and knees into the practitioners' bodies.

Mr. Dong Zhanquan Persecuted to Death

Mr. Dong Zhanquan, a resident of Tangzhuang Village, Yangcheng Town, Qingyuan County, Hebei Province, was persecuted repeatedly since the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) persecution of Falun Gong began in July 1999. He was arrested and detained, had his home ransacked, and was taken to the Qingyuan County Brainwashing Center in 2000, 2001, and in May 2002.

On February 27, 2006, without cause or reason, Wu Quanle, the chairman of the National People's Congress, suddenly stormed into Mr. Dong's home and arrested him then ransacked his residence. Mr. Dong was later taken to the Qingyuan County Brainwashing Center, where he was severely tortured. He was forced to leave his daughter (who was in middle school) behind with no one to look after her. Mr. Dong was detained at the brainwashing center for almost a hundred days.

In August 2007, CCP personnel from Yangcheng Town went back to Mr. Dong's home to harass and threaten him. On December 12, 2007, Mr. Dong started to feel very unwell. He became disoriented, bedridden, and incontinent. His daughter had to drop out of school to assist him.

At 10:00 a.m. on March 14, 2008, Xu Guoyu, the chief of the Yangcheng Town Comprehensive Management in Qingyuan County, and two other people forced their way into practitioners' homes to harass and threaten them. They searched the practitioners' residences from top to bottom¯even when they were not home¯confiscating Dafa books, calendars, tape recorders, tapes, and other personal items.

On September 23, 2008, Mr. Dong passed away at the age of 63, as a result of the relentless persecution.

Ms. Zhao Yufen Tortured Prior to Her Death

Ms. Zhao Yufen, a resident of Shizhuang Village, Yangcheng Town, Qingyuan County, Hebei Province, began practicing Falun Gong in 1997. Before that, she suffered from high blood pressure and heart disease. Within less than six months of practicing, all of her symptoms disappeared.

From the start of the persecution of Falun Gong, local CCP personnel frequently went to Ms. Zhao's home to harass her. One night in July 2000, Ms. Zhao was arrested and taken to the Yangcheng Town Detention Center. She was held there for one week and was forced to write a guarantee statement. She was not released until the guards extorted 400 yuan from her.

In July 2001, when CCP personnel again came to her home to harass her, Ms. Zhao clarified the facts to them with kindness and tried to save them. Ms. Zhao was later taken to the Qingyuan County Brain-washing Center, where she was held for seven days. She was not released until 500 yuan was extorted from her.

At 9:00 p.m. on May 19, 2002, CCP personnel once again arrested Ms. Zhao and took her to the local police station. Wu Quanle, who is both the secretary of the Town Political and Judiciary Committee, and the chairman of the National People's Congress, along with Wang Zhijiang, the chief of the Comprehensive Management office, brutally beat Ms. Zhao. They injured her eyes so badly that she was unable to see. In addition, her face was deformed and swollen and her hip was injured, making it very difficult for her to walk.

Ms. Zhao was then taken to the County Detention Center, where she was refused admittance due to her severe injuries. The CCP personnel were forced to take her back to the police station, where they detained her. On the fifth day of her detention, her blood pressure rose to such a dangerous level that she could not even walk. Yet, the officers did not allow her to go home until they extorted 1,000 yuan from her family.

After returning home, Ms. Zhao was subjected to another form of torture, mainly, her family forbade her to practice Falun Gong and watched over her very closely. In an effort to show her family that Falun Gong practitioners are good people, she busied herself with housework all day and hardly studied the Fa or did the exercises. On August 22, 2007, she suddenly died of hypertension at the age of 52.