(Clearwisdom.net) On October 13, 2007, Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Dong Fengshan from Songyuan City was arrested by police officers from the State Security Division in Songyuan City and the Ningjiang District Second Police Department, and his home was also searched. He was detained at the Shanyou Detention Center, where he was tortured. Later, he was sentenced to nine years in prison. Mr. Dong's arrest, detainment and sentencing was kept secret from his family. On October 23, 2008, he was taken to the Siping City Prison, where he was tortured and killed within a matter of six days. Li Haifang and Hao Yulin, guards from the Education Division, incited inmates to beat Mr. Dong. The side of his chest was pierced with a sharp spade handle in the process. The suspects include Lu Yanfeng, Wang Guoxiang, Chen Chuang, Wang Yanshuang, Han Shuang, and Di Shaoquan. The lethal weapons used in the unlawful death included an electric baton, a belt, and a sharp spade handle.

On October 23, 2008, Mr. Dong was taken to the construction site of the Education Division of the Siping City Prison. The guards beat him and shocked him with a electric baton for not answering their questions. As a result, the side of his face was swollen, and his neck and shoulders developed blisters. Guard Hao Yulin shocked Mr. Dong with a electric baton. During the night he was transfered to the Fourth Division, and the guards there bound his feet in chains.

Four practitioners from Songyuan City were taken to the prison, and they were divided up into four divisions. Guard Wu Tie, who was on duty that night, told inmate Sun Chao not to beat the practitioners that night because staff members from the Bureau of of Reform-through-Labor would be coming to do an inspection the next day. That night, the inmates did not beat the practitioners. Usually, the guards would incite the inmates to take the newly admitted practitioners to the restroom around the 6 p.m. "study time," to be beaten. The "study time" was a time when the guards tried to force the practitioners to give up their belief in Falun Gong.

On October 28, 2008, staff members from the Bureau of of Reform-through-Labor finished their inspection. When the inmates finished their work at 4 p.m. that day, Gao Minglong, the head of the No. 3 cell, brought back four triangular belts that were around 40 cm long and placed them under the bed of Han Shuang. When Lu Yanfeng came back, he took the belts to the restroom.

At 6 p.m. that night, Lu Yanfeng went to the restroom relatedly to check, but the restroom was occupied by other inmates who were beating other practitioners. During the discussion period after the "study time," the guards asked the inmates and practitioners to bring up any questions they had and the heads of the prison would discuss the questions at a meeting on November 3, 2008. Mr. Dong Fengshan wondered why some of the inmates beat other people. Lu Yanfeng said, "If the prisoners do not answer the questions we ask properly, they are beaten. We will beat you if you ask that question again."

At 7:20 p.m. that same day, Lu Yanfeng went to the guard office. Guard Yin Shoudong was on duty that day. Lu Yanfeng stayed in the office for about 20 minutes. All of the inmates and practitioners were allowed to go to the restroom before they went to bed that evening, but Lu Yangfeng did not allow Mr. Dong to go. Mr. Dong waited for a long time to use the bathroom and finally went to bed.

At 8:05 p.m. when others were finished using the restroom, Mr. Dong was called to the restroom. After a while, Mr. Dong was heard shouting, "Falun Dafa is good." Wang Guoxiang, Yu Fengwu, Di Shaoquan, and Han Shuang, led by Lu Yanfeng, pushed Mr. Dong to the ground and beat him with the belts. At about 8:20 p.m., Chen Chuang also joined in the beating.

At 8:45 p.m., Yu Fengwu returned to the cell and took a gray shirt from Mr. Dong's bag. He returned a while later and took Mr. Dong's cup.

At 8:50 p.m., because he could not walk under his own power, Mr. Dong was dragged back to the cell by Yu Fengwu and Di Shaoquan and put on his bed.

At 2 a.m. the next morning, Mr. Dong vomited blood. At about 5 a.m., he threw up again and the vomit still had blood in it. When he was unable to get up on his own, Lu Yanfeng just pulled him up.

In the morning, the inmates dragged Mr. Dong outside. The guards said to the inmates, "Do you want to earn more points (used towards sentence reduction)?" Motivated by their sentences being reduced, the inmates brutally beat Mr. Dong again. The right side of Mr. Dong's chest was poked with a sharp end of a broken spade handle and his lung was pierced. Mr. Dong died at the scene.

Mr. Dong was deceased when his body was brought the hospital affiliated with the prison. Xu Chengang, president of the hospital, asked Xu Guozhong to stitch up the hole in Mr. Dong's lung. Fearing that he would be held responsible for Mr. Dong's death, Xu Guozhong refused. Xu Chengang then reprimanded Xu Guozhong.

Later, staff members from the local Procuratorate interrogated the inmates and practitioners who had been forced to give up their belief and no longer practiced Falun Gong. On November 7, 2008, the inmates and the people who no longer practiced Falun Gong gave false testimonies about what happened that day. Lu Yanfeng also changed the duty record. The altered record now reads that Mr. Dong sat in the meditation position and refused to wear prison clothes that day.

Siping City Prison in Jilin Province:
Li Wendong, warden: 86-434-5469002 (Office), 86-434-3209787 (Home)
Gao Ping, warden: 86-13904341008 (Cell), 86-434-5465001 (Home)

Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2009/1/29/104341.html