(Clearwisdom.net) Editors' note: In both Western and Chinese cultures, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. The universe will reward acts that are in harmony with this principle, while doing things such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.

Nehe Deputy Secretary Yu Hongyan of the Politics and Law Committee Dies of Liver Cancer

Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, Yu Hongyan always persecuted practitioners in order to gain personal power and benefits. When the CCP was hearing the cases of practitioners Li Chang, Yao Jie and others, Yu Hongyan brought Doctor Zhang Xiaowei and patients' family members with him to provide false testimony in front of the whole country. Actually, Doctor Zhang had never even met the patient, who had oral cancer and had tried practicing Falun Gong for a few days. But they lied on CCTV television, saying that the patient had oral inflammation and died because, as a practitioner of Falun Gong, one is not allowed to take medicine. Practitioners clarified the truth to Yu several times, he just did not listen. In mid-January of this year, Yu Hongyan's liver cancer spread and he died at the age of 53.

We suggest that all police officers who persecute practitioners in Nehe abandon their evil ways and correct their wrongdoings to make up for the crimes they have committed against practitioners. We also suggest that they quit the CCP organizations to secure a good future.

Police Officer Xia Zhanqiang of Xiacun Town Police Station Died Suddenly

Xia Zhanqiang was from Shanxitou Village, Dagushan Town, Rushan. He was a soldier and was later assigned to work at the Xiacun Town Police Station. He was notorious for being ruthless. Villagers all called him "Blind Ruthlessness." He would do anything to anyone. It did not matter if they were friends or foes, neighbors or anyone else.

In the spring of 2001, practitioners Huang Shuze and Li Hai of Xiaotuan Village, Xiacun Town, were arrested because they clarified the truth. At Xiacun Town Police Station, Xia Zhanqiang and Wang Keli used electric batons on the two practitioners. They soaked the ground, stripped the clothes from both practitioners, and shocked them so many times that the two passed out. In the end, Huang Shuze and Li Hai could not stand up. The two practitioners lost the skin from their genitals because of all the electric shocks. Their bodies swelled to the point that they could not walk and had to be carried home. When Xia Zhanqiang shocked the practitioners, he also yelled that he did not believe the practitioners would not listen to him. In 2000, Huang Shuze's wife also suffered the same torture. Practitioner Ms. Sun of Nanjiang Village was electrically shocked so badly that her face and neck were full of big purple lumps. Everyone who saw her got scared. Xia Zhanqiang not only tortured these practitioners, he also persecuted other practitioners whose names are not known.

Xia Zhanqiang was not only cruel and ruthless to Dafa practitioners. He was the same to others. One time he went to an acquaintance's restaurant and asked for prostitute. The owner told him that they did not have that service. Xia then urinated all over the floor in front of everyone. Another time, he searched a hotel in the name of getting rid of prostitution. He caught a prostitute and twisted her nipple with a pair of pliers.

At noon one day in May or June 2001, Xia finished lunch and went home, where he suddenly died.