(Clearwisdom.net) On July 26, 2008, dozens of police officers from the Tongzhou State Police Branch in Beijing intruded into Ms. Li Xiuqing's home. They arrested her and illegally sentenced her to forced labor for two years on August 2. She was persecuted while detained at the Beijing Dispatch Center in Daxing County.

January 19, 2009 was the date Ms. Li's family could come to visit her. Nevertheless, just before her husband and children were coming to see her, they received a phone call from someone who did not identify themselves, telling them that Ms. Li had already been transferred away. No further details of her whereabouts were given.

Shortly after the New Year, Ms. Li's family, who live in rural China, also received a phone call from a stranger. Because Ms. Li's mother-in-law has a hearing problem, she handed the phone over to one of the youngsters in the family. The call was disconnected immediately. He tried to call back, but no one picked up the phone. The caller ID was 86-471-3392683. According to the area code, the call was coming from somewhere near Huhhot of Inner Mongolia.

The Tuanhe Labor Camp had secretly sent over a dozen practitioners, who had no permanent residence in Beijing, to labor camps in the Inner Mongolia region. Although Ms. Li was living in Beijing, her permanent residence was registered in Sanhe City, Hebei Province. Thus, her family suspected that she might have been sent to the labor camp in the Inner Mongolia region.

Ms. Li Xiuqing was 48 years old when she became paralyzed after giving birth to her second child. She couldn't stand up and lost the ability to take care of herself. She suffered a lot of pain because of her illness. Later, Ms. Li was introduced to Falun Gong. After she started practicing the exercises, she was able to stand up by leaning against the wall. Her legs became stronger. As she continued practicing, she regained her ability to walk. Gradually, all her illnesses disappeared and her health returned to normal.

In 1999, Jiang Zemin, the former secretary of the Chinese Communist Party and President of China, and his gang started persecuting Falun Gong in 1999. In order to safeguard the reputation of Falun Gong, Ms. Li went to Beijing to appeal twice in 2000. Both times, she was arrested and detained by the police in Sanhe City. During the first detention, which lasted for over 40 days, she was beaten, forced to kneel down in the snow, and shocked with electric batons by the police. During the second period of detention, she was detained for 15 days. Since then, Ms. Li has repeatedly been harassed by the police. In September 2005, just after her husband had surgery, the police from the Sanhe Police Station arrested her and forcibly sent her to the "transformation" center in Langfang District, Hebei Province, where she was again persecuted for two months.

In 2007, Ms. Li and her husband moved to the Tongzhou District in Beijing. On July 26, 2008, in the name of ensuring the success of the Olympic Games, police officers from the local district intruded into Ms. Li's home and arrested her. She was detained in the Tongzhou Detention Center for more than three months. She was later transferred to the Beijing Dispatch Center in Daxing County, where she was subjected to more persecution. The police in the Sanhe Police Station got her address through her husband's work unit.

Ms. Li's husband became very distressed upon learning that his wife was missing. Ms. Li's son hasn't seen his mother for a long time. He became very quiet and often has tears in his eyes. After Ms. Li's elderly parents learned that their daughter had been sent to the labor camp, they both became ill. Her father was in the emergency room during Chinese New Year's Eve, sick with grief and worry over his daughter.